Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!  (Read 36758 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »

"Dwarf fortress gaming block"

That way we get all the power and cpu that we want, and most people will stay away!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2011, 08:23:41 pm »

Sorry for typo.

Dibs on a Marsec chest.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »

I got dibs on a Narsec chest.

"Just a Candy Stand" for the base.
???
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »

"Candy Factory... Really" (Mind candy, that is; aka psyclone farm.)

Otherwise, I guess I'll fifth the "Obviously a Secret Base".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2011, 10:47:20 pm »

Eh, I'll go with "Obviously a Secret Base".

If the base isn't destroyed within 5 days or so of it's creation, then I will facepalm like never before.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2011, 05:45:51 am »

Unfortunately, "Obviously A Secret Base" is too long. I changed it to "Is A Secret Base". I could change it again if you guys are unhappy with this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

United Forenia Forever!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2011, 06:00:16 am »

Yeah! Can I be transferend to "Is a Secret Base"? I definitely want to be in a secret base rather than a obviously non-secret one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2011, 06:55:03 am »

Yeah! Can I be transferend to "Is a Secret Base"? I definitely want to be in a secret base rather than a obviously non-secret one.
Same.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2011, 07:43:25 am »

I saw that there are now 21 agents... could you update as to who has been recruited at some point?

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2011, 08:00:47 am »

I saw that there are now 21 agents... could you update as to who has been recruited at some point?

This list is still mostly up-to-date, except that Kamina's now on. I updated the list incorrectly at that time.

Sheb and Ochita:

Sorry, but I won't be transferring anyone over for some time. If I transferred soldiers over, I'll have to construct living quarters and training areas earlier, and I'm too lazy to manage the logistics of weapons for two bases. For now, everyone will remain in NAS Base, for simplicity's sake.

United Forenia Forever!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2011, 10:04:47 am »

Kamina volunteers to lead the effort in our new not-secret Secret Base!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2011, 12:46:39 pm »

Can you rename scientists and engineers?  If so, I'll take the first skill 100 you get.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »

Can you rename scientists and engineers?  If so, I'll take the first skill 100 you get.
I think there's an editor for that too. It would take a bit of sniffing out however.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:57 am »

I think there's an editor for that too. It would take a bit of sniffing out however.

Yes, there's an editor for scientists and engineers, and there's a physicist with 100 skill. I'll put you in next update.

Spoiler: Update 11 (click to show/hide)

Okay, so we need new craft. Any suggestions as to names and type? The list of vehicles is as follows:

Ground
Blazer Turbo Bike: freakin' useless. They can only mount an engine and seat one person.
Stormdog: A car. Can equip AA cannons or missiles, but has limited equipment space.
Wolfhound APC: Seats fourteen without a passenger module, but can only equip the same weapons as the Stormdog.
Griffon AFV: A tank. Is still limited to the roads though, and has little equipment space. The turrets do tons of damage - if the UFOs don't outrun its abysmal speed.
Generally, ground vehicles are limited to going wherever there is a road, are thus slow, and also are instantly destroyed regardless of HP if the road underneath is blown up. However, they're at least twice as cheap as their aerial counterparts. I haven't really used any of them much before.

Air
Hoverbike: One gun slot, one equipment slot that only fits a small accuracy increasing module, and the engine. It's highly manueverable, which helps it dodge incoming fire with efficiency.
Phoenix Hovercar: Two gun slots and a two-by-two equipment slot make this a very versatile vehicle. It's a more robust cousin of the hoverbike, but is less capable of dodging incoming fire.
Valkyrie Interceptor: Contrary to its name, it isn't much good at intercepting. Its two long gun slots make it able to equip more powerful missiles and guns, but its large mass and slow turning speed make it impossible to dodge in any way whatsoever.
Hawk Air Warrior: The best human-built combat craft so far. It has three hard points and the largest equipment space, meaning it could serve as both an interceptor and troop transport. It also can't dodge incoming fire like the Valkyrie, but is strong enough to take multiple hits.
Overall, air vehicles are capable of tracking and following UFOs to swarm them under a hail of fire. The downside is that they're expensive and hard to replace.

United Forenia Forever!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:20 am »

By every hovercar on the market for the next week.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21