Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!  (Read 36697 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but:

If no one complains, the head of the quantum physicists shall be Laurier Mullar, the youngest son of Richard Mulllar and a scientist from the first X-COM project. His obvious lack of psi abilities meant that he didn't have to fight in the second alien war (TFTD), and instead could devote his life to quantum physics. Now an old and respected scientist, Laurier has returned to X-COM to head the quantum physics department and share his expertise, in an effort to help.

Just so you remember.

Very well, I'll take the first 100 biology scientist or engineer, and assume leadership of said operation.  My main reason for requesting a 100 character is that only 100 characters are totally immune to replacement.  Ultimately, your goal should be to have only 100 skill scientists.  Granted, I imagine that rarely happens in most games, but that is still the goal, and anyone less than 100 skill can and should be replaced if they are the weakest link and someone better is available.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:32 pm »

It might be wise to update the OP.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2011, 10:48:34 pm »

I nominate myself for dieing by cinematic endgame explosion.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2011, 12:53:46 am »

I choose... PIKACHU!

What?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:14 am »

Ruh-Roh!  Can we research better antiship weapons?
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2011, 06:28:30 am »

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but:

If no one complains, the head of the quantum physicists shall be Laurier Mullar, the youngest son of Richard Mulllar and a scientist from the first X-COM project. His obvious lack of psi abilities meant that he didn't have to fight in the second alien war (TFTD), and instead could devote his life to quantum physics. Now an old and respected scientist, Laurier has returned to X-COM to head the quantum physics department and share his expertise, in an effort to help.

Just so you remember.

Very well, I'll take the first 100 biology scientist or engineer, and assume leadership of said operation.  My main reason for requesting a 100 character is that only 100 characters are totally immune to replacement.  Ultimately, your goal should be to have only 100 skill scientists.  Granted, I imagine that rarely happens in most games, but that is still the goal, and anyone less than 100 skill can and should be replaced if they are the weakest link and someone better is available.

Sorry, I just missed out on that application. I'll put you in on the next update. EuchreJack, there aren't any 100 skills out there on the market, but there's a skill 99 biologist. Do you want that?

Also, regarding vehicles, we can't really afford a Hawk and tanks. I have about 30k leftover when selling the Valkyrie and buying the Hawk, so I'll fill up the rest with Hovercars if that's okay with everyone.

United Forenia Forever!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:48 am »

Can't we raid someone for fun and profit?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2011, 11:56:11 am »

I would have suggested keeping the Valkyrie.

I can wait until you get a skill 100 biochemist or engineer.  I'm in no hurry.

I understand Junker hoverbike hordes are quite effective.  The key term is hordes.

Tell us more about the ship you shot down!

Disrupters!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2011, 07:29:06 pm »

Begin plan B.

LAUNCH THE HOVERBIKE SWARM!

Epic plan.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:25 pm »

Begin plan B.

LAUNCH THE HOVERBIKE SWARM!

Epic plan.
Screw cannons, BUM RUSH THE THING!!!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »

A quick glance at the X-Com series wiki suggests that at least one Hawk Air Warrior would be a valuable long-term investment; it's the only craft you can purchase that can carry some of the more impressive alien hardware.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2011, 04:52:10 pm »

Yeah. Unless you plan on buying a hundred or so hoverbikes, you need a hawk air warrior to tide you through until you get annihilators.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:00 pm »

I suspect that ground vehicles prevent repairs to roads, so even if the road only gets damaged, they can still be permanently stuck on a piece of road that they cannot drive on. The thing about ground vehicles is that they basically have no armour. There is also a small matter of heavy weapons at ground level and collateral damage...

Can I have an alien in the next battle? I want to be a popper if you get one!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2011, 09:26:59 pm »

I suspect that ground vehicles prevent repairs to roads, so even if the road only gets damaged, they can still be permanently stuck on a piece of road that they cannot drive on. The thing about ground vehicles is that they basically have no armour. There is also a small matter of heavy weapons at ground level and collateral damage...
They have armor, or at least the Wolfhound and Griffon do. The problem is that if they get hit with a big enough blast, the road beneath collapses, destroying the vehicle instantly. Still, Griffons are nearly a fifth of the cost of a Valkyrie(not counting weapons, etc).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2011, 04:10:46 am »

Surfing the net, I found a site with some mods to this game.

Site: http://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/index.php?cid=10

Specifically, this mod makes roads invincible.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]