Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38188 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

Nativeforeigner: I would consider lynching him to make me look like a sure-fire townie. I know I blew chunks in BM, I just figured 'You learn by doing.' and just did whatever in an attempt to learn. Thank you. However, your attempts to help me do seem to make us appear a little scummy.

I'm aware of this, but I'd rather appear a little scummy to try to get you to play better (which you have been, 'grats) than to lynch a possible towny. Nothing would be gained that way.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:41 pm »

Pandarsenic: You were more insulted then warrented by having it suggested you may be scum. It seems like an over-reaction. Justify it.

I'm pissed about what's happening in BYOR5.5

Can't say more - ongoing game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2011, 08:09:13 pm »

So, five pages of talk and not a single useful thing said.
Dariush: Same scenario as Jokerman, but you know almost certainly that someone other than the town's pick is scum.
You mean that the town's pick is 100% town and they don't know it? Then I'll do my own decision. Actually, I would do the same even in Jokerman's question.
Why do you and webadict ask different people different questions, not related to what they said previously in the game? Are you scum and don't care who gets executed (well, except a power-role)?
Or are you the Kingmaker and will base your choice on our answers?
Ottofar, and what if there are no doctors? We just lose the Kingmaker? Too risky in my opinion.
Jim, why didn't you start attacking me from first minutes as is your tradition? Are you hiding something?
You've got my full attention now, pal. In fact, you're about 90% of the way to the gallows.

The way I see it, if there's been five pages of talk and nothing useful said, what have you contributed? Would that be nothing? Because, looking back, that IS what you've contributed.

Let's review:
Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?
I think they'll try to kill everyone.

No, really, looking at previous games, they were killing the most experienced players while the scum was the most lurky lurker. So, I think we should start with them.
So, you're really showing us how it's done here with the first sentence. I mean, with that sentence alone, I felt like you were a powerhouse to be dealt with. And the way you support that premise is simply astounding. I almost sucked a lemon right there.

I mean, you showed up and answered my question, leaving to go show us how it's done. And by this, I mean you showed up and answered my question like crap, then booked it on out of here in order to lurk until I told you to re-answer it.

No, really, looking at previous games, they were killing the most experienced players while the scum was the most lurky lurker. So, I think we should start with them.
Oh, you're pretty clever.

See, you didn't adequately answer my question. I want to know how you think a scum would play. Not who I should go after. Not what happened in previous games. Just your plan and simple thoughts.
Really? I don't have a freaking idea how scum would play apart from quoting last game, which you dismissed. If I was scum, I would have gone after the most experienced players and generally played depending on situation.
However, because I especially dislike your answer, you'll have to answer another question: How should a townie play this game? Answer as a King, a Townie, and a Kingmaker.
So, you won't buy the answer 'hunting scum'. Why does it look like you're just looking for a reason to execute me? I can't give a more specific answer unless I have specific circumstances.
I was gonna answer this sooner, but I've been busy.

But, you've really proven your point by doing absolutely nothing. I certainly am looking for a reason to execute you now. You answer was crap and you know it. Your defense for that is I'm looking for a reason to type out an execution order on you? Nice.

So, now, why shouldn't I lynch you? What do you have to contribute to our game? Do you plan to lurk a whole ton instead? Do you feel my questions aren't helping me determine who's scum?

Also, the Kingmaker changes on death. Nice thinking, Tex.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:42 pm »

Jim Groovester: What have I done that is strange?

You threw out hypothetical scenarios unprompted, said that they you brought them up for the experienced players to dealt with, and then accused me of being scum for scumhunting too much.

So it looked like you wanted to contribute for the sake of contributing, play passively, and then I don't know what the hell you're doing accusing me.

I think I'll ask the kingmaker to claim now. However, if you do not wish to, fine by me.
That'd be me.

Okay. The obvious: why'd you pick webadict?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:15 pm »

Ok, question answered, thank you.

Pandarsenic: You were more insulted then warrented by having it suggested you may be scum. It seems like an over-reaction. Justify it.

Well, it certainly makes you seem scummy. Just 'I'm pissed about something else.' is weak, could you give a bit more information to justify this, because it makes you a possible scum in my book.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2011, 09:25:50 pm »

Ok, question answered, thank you.

Well, it certainly makes you seem scummy. Just 'I'm pissed about something else.' is weak, could you give a bit more information to justify this, because it makes you a possible scum in my book.

Do not ask again.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2011, 09:56:43 pm »

Ok, I got that, I am just saying that it seems like a convenient excuse. But I'll take it for now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2011, 02:50:30 am »

Okay. The obvious: why'd you pick webadict?

He's good.
 Pretty obvious choice, really, don't you agree?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2011, 03:13:36 am »

Yeah, that's about what I expected to hear.

And yeah, he is the obvious choice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2011, 03:18:19 am »

Ugh. Like it would kill us to not go with the obvious choice for once. And to stop inflating WUBA's ego.  ::)
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:02 am »

So, you're really showing us how it's done here with the first sentence. I mean, with that sentence alone, I felt like you were a powerhouse to be dealt with. And the way you support that premise is simply astounding. I almost sucked a lemon right there.

I mean, you showed up and answered my question, leaving to go show us how it's done. And by this, I mean you showed up and answered my question like crap, then booked it on out of here in order to lurk until I told you to re-answer it.
Sure, you asked everyone how they would play as town and you asked me and Jokerman-EXE how would we play as scum. Either all your questioning targets were random, or you suspected me from the start and nothing I could say would change your decision. If I posted a detailed answer, you would execute me because that is a scum plan. I answered otherwise, and you tried to nail me for answering by stating boring facts. I have no doubt that you will execute me since I can't adequately defend myself, this being day one, but you'll be wrong.

Oh, you're pretty clever.

See, you didn't adequately answer my question. I want to know how you think a scum would play. Not who I should go after. Not what happened in previous games. Just your plan and simple thoughts.
Really? I don't have a freaking idea how scum would play apart from quoting last game, which you dismissed. If I was scum, I would have gone after the most experienced players and generally played depending on situation.
However, because I especially dislike your answer, you'll have to answer another question: How should a townie play this game? Answer as a King, a Townie, and a Kingmaker.
So, you won't buy the answer 'hunting scum'. Why does it look like you're just looking for a reason to execute me? I can't give a more specific answer unless I have specific circumstances.

But, you've really proven your point by doing absolutely nothing. I certainly am looking for a reason to execute you now. You answer was crap and you know it. Your defense for that is I'm looking for a reason to type out an execution order on you? Nice.
I have been busy, and I don't have any clear suspicions, so I wanted to evaluate situation a bit before making my questions. If you think that is lurking, do as you wish.
Now seriously, how do you think I can answer the question about what I will do without any specific circumstances?
So, now, why shouldn't I lynch you? What do you have to contribute to our game? Do you plan to lurk a whole ton instead? Do you feel my questions aren't helping me determine who's scum?
Because basing a lynch solely on my inability to answer questions with no adequate answer and on my absence is senseless? I'll ask questions as I have them. Right now there's nothing to base suspicions off. No, I don't plan to lurk. No, I don't feel so, but I think you should be more consistent at asking them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2011, 02:03:15 pm »

Sure, you asked everyone how they would play as town and you asked me and Jokerman-EXE how would we play as scum. Either all your questioning targets were random, or you suspected me from the start and nothing I could say would change your decision. If I posted a detailed answer, you would execute me because that is a scum plan. I answered otherwise, and you tried to nail me for answering by stating boring facts. I have no doubt that you will execute me since I can't adequately defend myself, this being day one, but you'll be wrong.
It was, in fact, random. However, you're acting like saying how you would play as scum is somehow scummy. It's not, really. I would accept WIFOM as an answer, but not scummy outright.

I don't see how I could have: 1) gotten away with executing you for telling the truth, or 2) known you were going to lie when I said what would you do as scum. Are you really going to try that on me?

But, I enjoy the attempt to dissuade me through emotional appeal. You know, instead of logic. That earns you double points.

I have been busy, and I don't have any clear suspicions, so I wanted to evaluate situation a bit before making my questions. If you think that is lurking, do as you wish.
Now seriously, how do you think I can answer the question about what I will do without any specific circumstances?
No clear suspects, but plenty of time to respond. Not nearly enough time for you? I do think that's lurking. You don't deny it. Not implicitly, anyhow. So, maybe you can stop pretending and start participating.

Because basing a lynch solely on my inability to answer questions with no adequate answer and on my absence is senseless? I'll ask questions as I have them. Right now there's nothing to base suspicions off. No, I don't plan to lurk. No, I don't feel so, but I think you should be more consistent at asking them.
So... you can ask questions as you have them, but I can only ask questions that make sense? You have no suspicions at all? I'd say killing you would make a whole lot of sense.

How about I won't kill you if you can find someone scummier. Sound like a deal?

Meanwhile, I'll simply ask EVERYONE ELSE this question: Should I lynch Dariush? Why or why not? If not, who would you rather I lynch?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2011, 02:15:54 pm »

I don't think so; not yet, anyway. You've made some good points, but I think he's arguing them pretty well. At this point it could go either way, but rushing headfirst into a lynch isn't a good plan.

If the argument tips one way or the other, then I say follow through with whichever way it goes. Asking for everyone's opinion is a good first step in accomplishing this.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:15 pm »

Agreed, soon, but  not right now.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2011, 03:40:28 pm »

He is saying 'Fine lynch me, but you'll regret it!' When I tried that it was seen as a scumtell, so if you think it is sufficient lynch him. If not, wait for more questions.

Dariush you seem to be giving up. A townie would yell and scream about being innocent, but you seem to be taking it. Provide a detailed reason why you should not be lynched. Do not be afraid to go on ad nauseum.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24