Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38155 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2011, 10:40:47 am »

In the future, could you please use some spaces? It makes answering things a lot easier, since I can break things up.

So, you're really showing us how it's done here with the first sentence. I mean, with that sentence alone, I felt like you were a powerhouse to be dealt with. And the way you support that premise is simply astounding. I almost sucked a lemon right there.

I mean, you showed up and answered my question, leaving to go show us how it's done. And by this, I mean you showed up and answered my question like crap, then booked it on out of here in order to lurk until I told you to re-answer it.
Sure, you asked everyone how they would play as town and you asked me and Jokerman-EXE how would we play as scum. Either all your questioning targets were random, or you suspected me from the start and nothing I could say would change your decision. If I posted a detailed answer, you would execute me because that is a scum plan. I answered otherwise, and you tried to nail me for answering by stating boring facts. I have no doubt that you will execute me since I can't adequately defend myself, this being day one, but you'll be wrong.
I don't see how I could have: 1) gotten away with executing you for telling the truth, or 2) known you were going to lie when I said what would you do as scum. Are you really going to try that on me?
So, my life or death depends on how the scum will act?
No. It depends on how you act. You've basically admitted that there was no point in answering my question because I would claim it's a scum plan and lynch you. Not only is that one of the dumbest things I've ever heard (it's really stupid), it's also a pathetic attempt to not answer the question. If you knew anything about this game - or even Mafia in general - you would realize that the point is to stop scum before they stop you.  I'm asking you to think like scum, so that you can stop them. That isn't scummy. So, here's a nice lesson for you:

The scum would attempt to lynch power players while they're King using some rather unique logic. By eliminating them, they can claim to have made the tough choice, both ridding themselves of the player and using an emotional appeal to spare them. That would definitely work in most cases. Now, when it comes to killing at Night, they should kill the medium players. Not only does this make lynching those stronger players easier to do (As people will be more suspicious of them), it makes any Doctor protection stopping the kill less likely. However, while they're not King, they should focus on someone else while the King is attacking someone. This makes them look a lot more active than simply going after the same person.

See, that's a real answer. That's what I was looking for. It's not a trick question, you idiot. It's an incite into your line of thinking. If you had said something like, "I think scum will lurk and then kill people at Night, dur dur dur," then I think that wouldn't answer the whole question and that you are hiding something. However, your refusal to answer at all makes you look like you're hiding EVERYTHING.

But, I enjoy the attempt to dissuade me through emotional appeal. You know, instead of logic. That earns you double points.
Where did you see emotional appeal in my response? I just saw that however I answered your question you would deem me as scum, so I didn't try to struggle, since that would be pointless anyway.
I'm sorry, Madam Chloe, I forgot I was talking to you. You're an idiot. Your emotional appeal is this: "I have no doubt you will lynch me for my inadequate answers." You're simply stating sentences that are supposed to invoke sympathy for you (which is no doubt working its magic on everyone else who could give a crap), such as "no adequate defense, senseless lynching, etc., etc." For someone that seems to be not wanting to die, you sure give some really crappy reasons why I shouldn't kill you.

Switch positions with me, and pretend I said everything you just said. Would you want to lynch me?

I was gonna answer this sooner, but I've been busy.

But, you've really proven your point by doing absolutely nothing. I certainly am looking for a reason to execute you now. You answer was crap and you know it. Your defense for that is I'm looking for a reason to type out an execution order on you? Nice.
I have been busy, and I don't have any clear suspicions, so I wanted to evaluate situation a bit before making my questions. If you think that is lurking, do as you wish.
Now seriously, how do you think I can answer the question about what I will do without any specific circumstances?
No clear suspects, but plenty of time to respond. Not nearly enough time for you? I do think that's lurking. You don't deny it. Not implicitly, anyhow. So, maybe you can stop pretending and start participating.
Did you even read my answer? I can't start hunting until I know whom I want to question and what about. You keeping all attention focused on me, which doesn't help it.
Right, and you can't find those out without playing the game. Maybe you're just waiting for someone to drop into your lap. I'm going to keep MY attention on you. It's your JOB to make sure that I don't lynch you, or that if I do, something came out of it.

But, if you want to cry and whine like a schoolgirl, how about you just stop playing now. This might not be your game if you don't want to fight to save your own life.

So, now, why shouldn't I lynch you? What do you have to contribute to our game? Do you plan to lurk a whole ton instead? Do you feel my questions aren't helping me determine who's scum?
Because basing a lynch solely on my inability to answer questions with no adequate answer and on my absence is senseless? I'll ask questions as I have them. Right now there's nothing to base suspicions off. No, I don't plan to lurk. No, I don't feel so, but I think you should be more consistent at asking them.
So... you can ask questions as you have them, but I can only ask questions that make sense? You have no suspicions at all? I'd say killing you would make a whole lot of sense.
This is day one, and all that has been said is how people would react to some specific situation. I can't imagine how that helps.
How about I won't kill you if you can find someone scummier. Sound like a deal?
...and then you'll kill me anyway because my proof is insufficient.
If that is indeed your proof, then yes I will. Your death will be entirely in vain if you do nothing.

He is saying 'Fine lynch me, but you'll regret it!' When I tried that it was seen as a scumtell, so if you think it is sufficient lynch him. If not, wait for more questions.
When I don't have any visible way of defending myself? I just accepted the futility of resistance.
You DO HAVE WAYS OF DEFENDING YOURSELF! YOU JUST REFUSE TO UTILIZE THEM!

Provide a detailed reason why you should not be lynched. Do not be afraid to go on ad nauseum.
Because I'm a townie and executing me because I wasn't actively hunting (ignoring the WIFOM of it) for the whole half of first day instead of seeking other targets is not a particularly good idea?
No, not because you weren't hunting. That wasn't my concern. My concern was that you simply didn't want to answer the question. And when I pushed on it, you said you would SOUND SCUMMY, so you didn't want to do it. Not only is that false, if you're really Town, it shouldn't be your main concern. You're trying to lynch scum as Town. Has that sunk in yet? Or are you still in need of some after-school training sessions? If you look a little scummy (or even incredibly scummy), but you get the scum lynched, you've won. you even win if you're dead! Wow! Amazing!

Dariush, how come you believe, that you could get lynched for such mundane reasons?
Because I've been told that I'm 90% on the way to execution?
Pretty much. Each of your answers just steps you closer to those gallows. It's like you wish to die.

Well, if the things are going this way, I'll start asking despite how weak my questions may seem:
Ottofar, why did you claim Kingmaker so easily without first checking for the presence of doctors and thus possibility of you surviving the night?
... Because who cares? If he dies, someone else becomes Kingmaker. Making Doctors claim is substantially worse, as they would be the targets for kills. I also told him to claim. That means I won't lynch a known Town.

Since his claim has been the only landmark to orient from,
Everyone:
What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess?
Same question if someone else claims to have protected him.
What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him?
Now, general ones:
What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker?
How would you determine if current king is scum?
What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions?
Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day?
What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions?
If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which?

As for me, I think Ottofar's immediate claim is more a scummy move than not so that it can be used later if he is accused.
1. Ottofar is Town. That much is known. That's right. Known. If the scum wish to claim Kingmaker, they will lose. That's that.
2. If someone claims to have protected him, that person is likely the Doctor. There's a very small chance that the scum simply noned, but I don't see that as likely.
3. Ottofar is Town. His immediate claim is something a Kingmaker would do. Don't believe me? Claim Kingmaker and find out.
4. ...Is that a serious question?
5. I would assume the current King is scum if there is either incredibly bad reasoning for lynching someone or having others do a majority of the guesswork for the King. The King should listen to the town, but taking a majority of evidence from someone else is almost always bad. Also, if someone lynches Town, you should probably at least suspect the previous King.
6. Don't know what that question even means.
7. You shouldn't quicklynch. Unless it's for a good reason. That doesn't seem like one.
8. My reaction will be of scum having won.
9. ...Choosing someone you feel is Town is usually the way to go.

Now, any other questions you wish to ask?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2011, 11:16:25 am »

Everyone:
1) What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess?
2) Same question if someone else claims to have protected him.
3) What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him?
Now, general ones:
4) What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker?
5) How would you determine if current king is scum?
6) What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions?
7) Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day?
8) What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions?
9) If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which?

As for me, I think Ottofar's immediate claim is more a scummy move than not so that it can be used later if he is accused.

1. Reading into Nightkill WIFOM is asking to be confused. If Ottofar is not killed in the night, it will mean that scum either had another target or decided not to kill. I'm curious to know, what's your motivation for asking a question like this?
2. If someone claims to have protected Ottofar, then that means one of two things: first, that they're the Doctor, and as Jim said, they'd be a giant idiot. Doctors claiming D2? Madness. However, it could also mean that scum no-kill'd, and one of them is claiming Doctor in order to earn trust. They would also not be NK'd, because they're scum themselves, which would be something of a give-away.
3. He claimed and didn't try to hide it, which is a move that was most beneficial to town. As has been said, he's pretty much confirmed town, and doesn't need to be focused on for today. I don't see that his claiming should raise any kind of suspicion, and I'd like to know why it raised yours.
4. If a person I thought was scum became King, I would probably accuse them of scummitude to put them on the defensive. With the knowledge that they're under close surveillance by town, the King would be all but forced to go with what the crowd (town) wanted, and even if they were scum that would neutralize their agenda.
5. Same way you determine if anyone is scum: ask questions, gauge responses, etc. Scumhunting.
6. I assume you're asking what if I think the King is scum? I would do what I said I would do in answer 4, and as Jim suggests I would probably try to get them to lynch their partner.
7. Derp. Does that even need an answer? No.
8. Pretty clearly, they're scum.
9. If you don't choose by the circumstances, you're a moron. If someone has been acting suspicious to you, you don't go and make them King.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2011, 12:47:21 pm »

He finds my hypothesizing weird. I find his only questioning me weird. It isn't achieving anything.

We should pick one person and then question them, then move on to the next, then the next until we have covered everyone. This would provide a more detailed view of each person for this game. I would be willing to take the first round of questions.

Oh my fuck this post reeks scum in every way. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT screams "Don't look at me! I'm hideous!"

How? Why would any scum volunteer to be questioned? That is illogical. You are now one of my scumpicks.

Everyone:
1) What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess?
3) What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him?
Now, general ones:
4) What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker?
7) Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day?
8) What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions?
9) If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which?

1. I don't see what would be gained from killing the kingmaker. I don't think he will be killed.
2. I still don't see why he would be killed in the first place. What is the big deal about the kingmaker being killed? ANother will just be chosen to replace him.
3. What? By claiming kingmaker unopposed he ensures that he is seen as a townie. Were scum to claim the only option would be to lynch the more scummy first, and hope he was the scum, if not, then lynch the other.
4. If I thought he was scum but it was not widely believed I would not be very upset, I would push for the lynching of the other person who I thought was scummy.
5. By looking for anyone his questions seem to spare, or if he lynches someone who does not seem very scummy.
6. I would try to get him to lynch the most scummy townie I see.
7. I would never execute without asking questions, because it would make me look like a massive scum.
8. I would try to get him lynched the next day because it seems very scummy to me.
9. I will act upon whoever seems the most scummy after a round of questioning everyone.

Dariush and Pandarsenic both seem very scummy.

Dariush: Answer the fucking questions and try to defend yourself.

Pandarsenic: You need to compartmentalize your anger about BYOR 5.5 and try not to look like a raging scum here. Why shouldn't we lynch you?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »

He finds my hypothesizing weird. I find his only questioning me weird. It isn't achieving anything.

We should pick one person and then question them, then move on to the next, then the next until we have covered everyone. This would provide a more detailed view of each person for this game. I would be willing to take the first round of questions.

Oh my fuck this post reeks scum in every way. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT screams "Don't look at me! I'm hideous!"

How? Why would any scum volunteer to be questioned? That is illogical. You are now one of my scumpicks.

Pandarsenic: You need to compartmentalize your anger about BYOR 5.5 and try not to look like a raging scum here. Why shouldn't we lynch you?

EPIC-SCALE OMGUS ALERT

Seriously? I express the slightest suspicion of you and you flip your shit over it? You volunteered to be questioned with the stipulation that we move on to others even if we're not satisfied with you.

1) What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess? He can't be scum; your question is invalid.
2) Same question if someone else claims to have protected him. I could believe that - but it would be stupid of someone to claim it. Also, it could be scum nokilling and claiming the doctorate for a get-out-of-suspicion-free card attempt.
3) What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him? HE CAN'T BE SCUM. BY NATURE. NOBODY HAS CHALLENGED THE CLAIM.
Now, general ones:
4) What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker? I would find it unfortunate, but use the opportunity to attempt to force him to bus a teammate.
5) How would you determine if current king is scum? Try to force him to bus a teammate / catch scum. Either way, scum dies if it goes right.
6) What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions? You mean if I think he's scum? See above.
7) Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day? NEVER skip to lynch without questions.
8) What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions? N/A, Wubadict is already asking questions. If you mean in the future, I would be suspicious if he hit town, obviously. Also if he hit scum, frankly. Were I a Kingmaker I wouldn't likely choose him again unless he hit scum.
9) If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which? Current circumstances, of course. It would depend at the particular time.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:40 pm »

There is only one way to not look suspicious: Good scumhunting. Any attempt trying to avoid suspicion otherwise, especially if you propose it, will look suspicious instead.

Yeah, hit him hard! That'll make people suspect you less, by suddenly taking a sharp stance on somebody.

Sadly that isn't the case.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2011, 04:09:09 pm »

EPIC-SCALE OMGUS ALERT

Seriously? I express the slightest suspicion of you and you flip your shit over it? You volunteered to be questioned with the stipulation that we move on to others even if we're not satisfied with you.

1) What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess? He can't be scum; your question is invalid.
2) Same question if someone else claims to have protected him. I could believe that - but it would be stupid of someone to claim it. Also, it could be scum nokilling and claiming the doctorate for a get-out-of-suspicion-free card attempt.
3) What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him? HE CAN'T BE SCUM. BY NATURE. NOBODY HAS CHALLENGED THE CLAIM.
Now, general ones:
4) What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker? I would find it unfortunate, but use the opportunity to attempt to force him to bus a teammate.
5) How would you determine if current king is scum? Try to force him to bus a teammate / catch scum. Either way, scum dies if it goes right.
6) What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions? You mean if I think he's scum? See above.
7) Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day? NEVER skip to lynch without questions.
8) What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions? N/A, Wubadict is already asking questions. If you mean in the future, I would be suspicious if he hit town, obviously. Also if he hit scum, frankly. Were I a Kingmaker I wouldn't likely choose him again unless he hit scum.
9) If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which? Current circumstances, of course. It would depend at the particular time.

I meant once people were satisfied with answers. But, we can just ignore what I obviously meant if it makes me look scummy, can't we?
/sarcasm

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2011, 04:43:18 pm »

Mindmaker, why does the day not revolve around the only person who has the power of lynchery?

He has some importance.
But that doesn't mean, that every single on of my post, is written for his satisfaction.

Everyone:
What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night?
What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker?
How would you determine if current king is scum?
What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions?
Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day?
What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions?
If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which?

1) Reaction would be pretty meh. I mean, the only benefit you get as a kingmaker (when claimed) is being confirmed town, which leaves you a bit more freedom in scumhunting.
Killing the Kingmaker would only be a good move, if he knows how to use his already mentioned freedom and therefore is being a threat.
In the case of Ottofar, I doubt he'll get lynched (no offense).

2) The Kingmaker might have run out of people to promote, or he might simpy not suspect him. I'll question his choice though.

3) See if his chain of reasoning makes sense. Watch, if he's eager to jump on another player for mundane reasons. And basically enything else that seems out of place.

4) Build up an argumet against him, that can be used on the next day.

5) No, instant lynch sounds like a stupid thing to do. You only rarely get a in the position, where you can force people to answer you.
I'd get as much information out of him and any other people that woke my interest.

6) That does sound like a very stupid thing to do, regardless if town or scum. The person doing that, should be prepared to be heavily questioned and probably even lynched the next day.

7) On the current circumstances of course. Can't tell you in more detail, as it can't be forseen, what will happen next.

Also, Webadict, what questions do you exactly want to have answered by Dariush, or what do you expect from him?
I kinda lost track.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »

Whichever ones I feel like, Mind. Whichever ones I feel.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

I meant, if there are still any open ones, you would like to have answered by him.
Because right now this seems to devolve into a quarrel, which in itself might become reason enough to lynch him.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

Everyone:
Now, general ones:

1) It wouldn't change my view of his scumminess at all. In fact, it would probably just confirm his townieness. I wouldn't expect the scum to lynch the Kingmaker right away.
2) It would be stupid of someone to claim protecting him. They would be an insta-target for scum, or it could be scum false-claiming. Both are extremely risky for either party depending on how everyone sees it.
3) Well, seeing as it would be almost entirely riskless for the Kingmaker to claim, it wasn't a bad move for him. And he only did so because the king asked.
4) If I have any idea who their partner might be, I'd try to guide him and the rest of town to executing him. If he doesn't despite the town's wants, the next king should execute him and then his partner. If he does, he wouldn't be off the hook and I would pursue him the next day.
5) I would look at who he's trying to lynch, how well he's listening to everyone, and how he acts.
6) Have an argument against him ready for the next day.
7) No, insta-lynch is a bad idea. I would present my case for him and when a good portion of town agrees, lynch him.
8) I would question him extensively and probably try to get the next king to lynch him. (If he lynched a townie). If he hit scum, I'd be suspicious and probably do the same thing.
9) I would do the latter. It depends on the circumstances, I would go after the scummiest-looking individual.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2011, 05:46:11 pm »

Mind, none taken.

0:Why'd the scum want to kill me?

1: Meh

2: Won't happen.

3: Logic, or the lack of it.

4: Be quiet  about it, and try to have  him lynch the buddy.

5&6: That's stupid. He'lln't be the king again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2011, 11:36:20 pm »

I meant, if there are still any open ones, you would like to have answered by him.
Because right now this seems to devolve into a quarrel, which in itself might become reason enough to lynch him.
It's only one question, actually. that's the source of everything.

Is anyone else here?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2011, 11:43:50 pm »

I am.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2011, 07:45:20 am »

Jim:
Awesome. A round of questions directed at nobody in particular. This is going to be completely useless.
Not at nobody - at everybody. I think gathering answers to same questions from everyone will give more results than just asking one question per person.
2) If nobody died I'd be inclined to believe the person who claimed protected him. If somebody does die it doesn't mean anything, except that the Doctor is giant idiot.
And what if the claimee is scum? Even if he is not, scum may choose not to kill him at night, since WIFOM is on their side. So, another question - What will you think if someone who claims doctor doesn't die at night?
4) I'd bicker and whine and try to get his partner lynched. And the Kingmaker is always town. If nobody counterclaims Ottofar it means that either he is the Kingmaker. If Ottofar is fakeclaiming the real Kingmaker should claim immediately, because Ottofar would be scum. That's probably not going to happen though, because it would mean Ottofar and his partner are giant frothing idiots and basically outed one of them on Day 1.
And what if Ottofar is the Kingmaker and someone else claims that he is not?
8) Declare the king scum.
Even if he convincingly explains his action the following day?
I see you trying to make a case against Ottofar. If nobody counterclaims Ottofar he is the Kingmaker and as good as confirmed town. So I don't know why you're trying, unless you're desperate.
I am not trying to make a case against him; I directly stated that I don't have sufficient material to accuse anyone with certainty. I just said that his claim is the only foothold in the investigation.
Webadict:
No. It depends on how you act. You've basically admitted that there was no point in answering my question because I would claim it's a scum plan and lynch you. Not only is that one of the dumbest things I've ever heard (it's really stupid), it's also a pathetic attempt to not answer the question. If you knew anything about this game - or even Mafia in general - you would realize that the point is to stop scum before they stop you.  I'm asking you to think like scum, so that you can stop them.
This is first day. If I was scum, I would kill the most experienced player. I can't say what I would have done on any other day because circumstances may radically change. I don't know how to expand this answer in any way.
The scum would attempt to lynch power players while they're King using some rather unique logic. By eliminating them, they can claim to have made the tough choice, both ridding themselves of the player and using an emotional appeal to spare them. That would definitely work in most cases. Now, when it comes to killing at Night, they should kill the medium players. Not only does this make lynching those stronger players easier to do (As people will be more suspicious of them), it makes any Doctor protection stopping the kill less likely. However, while they're not King, they should focus on someone else while the King is attacking someone. This makes them look a lot more active than simply going after the same person.
Giant pile of WIFOM.
See, that's a real answer. That's what I was looking for. It's not a trick question, you idiot. It's an incite into your line of thinking. If you had said something like, "I think scum will lurk and then kill people at Night, dur dur dur," then I think that wouldn't answer the whole question and that you are hiding something. However, your refusal to answer at all makes you look like you're hiding EVERYTHING.
Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?
I think they'll try to kill everyone.

No, really, looking at previous games, they were killing the most experienced players while the scum was the most lurky lurker. So, I think we should start with them.
I answered exactly like that. I didn't REFUSE to answer.
I'm sorry, Madam Chloe, I forgot I was talking to you. You're an idiot. Your emotional appeal is this: "I have no doubt you will lynch me for my inadequate answers." You're simply stating sentences that are supposed to invoke sympathy for you (which is no doubt working its magic on everyone else who could give a crap), such as "no adequate defense, senseless lynching, etc., etc." For someone that seems to be not wanting to die, you sure give some really crappy reasons why I shouldn't kill you.
You THINK that I want to invoke sympathy. What I actually did was simply stating the facts.
Switch positions with me, and pretend I said everything you just said. Would you want to lynch me?
I wouldn't ask such questions as you did in your place.
But, if you want to cry and whine like a schoolgirl, how about you just stop playing now. This might not be your game if you don't want to fight to save your own life.
I wasn't crying and wasn't whining. I stated two facts - 1) There is insufficient material for me to work with, and I wanted to wait for a bit before starting to get more 2) I can't say anything in my defense because the only defence I can put up was pointing at someone more scummy than me, which isn't possible due to fact one. And I don't have a slightest idea where have you gotten the impression I was whining.
No, not because you weren't hunting. That wasn't my concern. My concern was that you simply didn't want to answer the question. And when I pushed on it, you said you would SOUND SCUMMY, so you didn't want to do it. Not only is that false, if you're really Town, it shouldn't be your main concern. You're trying to lynch scum as Town. Has that sunk in yet? Or are you still in need of some after-school training sessions? If you look a little scummy (or even incredibly scummy), but you get the scum lynched, you've won. you even win if you're dead! Wow! Amazing!
The foremost problem with your question is that it can't be answered in anything longer than two sentences. Now seriously, imagine the possibility that if I stated some hypothetical elaborate plan as to scum's actions on each day (again, ignoring the impossibility of knowing what will happen then), and scum followed it. Either you execute me because my plan was used, or you don't execute me because of possible WIFOM. In any case, the answer to your question is useless.
... Because who cares? If he dies, someone else becomes Kingmaker. Making Doctors claim is substantially worse, as they would be the targets for kills. I also told him to claim. That means I won't lynch a known Town.
Why do you so boldly ignore the possibility of scum claiming as Kingmaker or Doctor?
1. Ottofar is Town. That much is known. That's right. Known. If the scum wish to claim Kingmaker, they will lose. That's that.
Elaborate please. Why are you so sure in your words?
2. If someone claims to have protected him, that person is likely the Doctor. There's a very small chance that the scum simply noned, but I don't see that as likely.
...Or the scum's kill was prevented and one of them claimed doctor.
3. Ottofar is Town. His immediate claim is something a Kingmaker would do. Don't believe me? Claim Kingmaker and find out.
Again, I can't understand the absolutely certainty of your words.
4. ...Is that a serious question?
Congratulations, now you understand what I felt when I read your question about how I would play as scum! However, unlike yours, mine IS serious.
6. Don't know what that question even means.
How will you present your case without getting executed, etc.
8. My reaction will be of scum having won.
What.
9. ...Choosing someone you feel is Town is usually the way to go.
That wasn't my question at all, you know.
Now, any other questions you wish to ask?
Yes, exactly two: 1) Why are you so absolutely sure in every one of your words and 2) Why do you ignore the possibility of WIFOM in most of your statements?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2011, 09:50:12 am »

Yes, exactly two: 1) Why are you so absolutely sure in every one of your words and 2) Why do you ignore the possibility of WIFOM in most of your statements?
1) I am sure of a lot of things. I think the biggest one you're afraid of is the 'Ottofar is Kingmaker' thing. There's a very, VERY simple reason for that. The Kingmaker is always Town. There is always only one Kingmaker at any one time. If someone claims they are the Kingmaker, and they aren't, there is guaranteed to be one scum in the mix. So, even if you are wrong on the first lynch, the second lynch is guaranteed. The Doctor thing is more of a guess. It's just less likely to occur.
2) WIFOM? You mean scum following the plan I laid out? What's the point? If it happens, it happens. Boohoo. I realize you care a lot about WIFOM, what with you trying to avoid everything that might possibly make you scummy, but if it was going to happen anyway, why not try to think ahead? If your plan was used, who cares? WIFOM is one of the weakest things to lynch someone for. If you get lynched for it, then you're doing really bad at this game.

Now, did you feel I didn't answer your 9 questions very well, either?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24