Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: New Sims game, I'm scared...  (Read 14658 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Sims game, I'm scared...
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2011, 02:36:35 pm »

You will need to make one edit to one file.  Browse to...\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini
Take Ownership (if you do not know how to did this, google it) of the Commands file.
Double click to open the Commands file.
Change TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1
Close and save.
In game and at the Kingdom view, hit ctrl + shitf + c, type in showallquests and hit enter.
Click on quests icon, "Free Time" quest should show up near the top of the list.

Take care,
If the console is the same as the Sims 3, then just doing ctrl shift c and typing in "TestingCheatsEnable=true" or something should have the same effect.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2011, 02:42:36 pm »

@Rakonas - Give is a try and let us know.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2011, 02:43:58 pm »

@Rakonas - Give is a try and let us know.
I don't have the game, heh.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2011, 01:59:32 pm »

So just another real quick thing about using the ShowAllQuests cheat.  There is a quest called "Brand New World", unsure when or if this quest will ever come available in normal play fashion.  But...what it allows you to do is, after completing the required tasks, your sim will be removed from the current Kingdom (this vacates the building they occupied, which means you will need to create another sim to take over their job), but it also puts the leaving sim in as an "exported carry-over sim" that can now be selected as the monarch when starting a new Kingdom.  Pretty neat.

The exported sim maintains all EQ, Levels and what not.  The downside is, only one sim can be exported in this way, if you complete the same quest with another sim, that sim will replace the one already exported.

Anyway, though it was kinda cool.

Take care,

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2011, 03:27:46 pm »

The exported sim maintains all EQ, Levels and what not.  The downside is, only one sim can be exported in this way, if you complete the same quest with another sim, that sim will replace the one already exported.

game "Which one is your favorite child?"
mother/father "I love them all equally."
g. "Nono. You don't understand. I'm going to kill all but one. If you don't pick one, they ALL die."

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2011, 03:31:12 pm »

g. "Nono. You don't understand. I'm going to kill all but one. If you don't pick one, they ALL die."

mother/father - "Take them all, we can make more."

Take care,

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2011, 05:45:18 pm »

mother/father - "Take them all, we can make more."

Take care,

Groundhogs Day

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2011, 10:32:57 pm »

By the way, your monarch's title is actually related to how many territories you annex. Mine is now an emperor.

Also: This game has elves.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2011, 10:38:44 am »

Can I summon the devil and make a deal?  :o

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2011, 10:51:44 am »

This game has elves

The Sims 2 had elves as well.

I THINK The Sims 3 also has them... but I am not sure.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52:41 am »

Huh. Well, this is surprisingly enjoyable. I mean, it's still Sim-style silly, but I like that they didn't dodge putting things like murder in the game.

Only thing is it makes it look like there's many different campaigns in it, with different kingdoms or something. But in reality it's the same scenario with a different ambition (scoring system basically). I don't really see the point of unlocking new scoring systems. It's like someone obsessed with achievements made this.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:55:08 am by Virtz »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:20 am »

It's like someone obsessed with achievements thought of this

Which is why I say DAMN the achievement system altogether. It is seriously affecting gaming and while I cannot say it is ruining gaming, like I'd want to say, it is starting to seriously hamper games who replace large portions of gameplay with achievements.

My brother won't even play games without achievement and I know plenty of people who say that playing games without achievements is pointless because otherwise they don't have much to do in a game. AHHHHH!!!

It is to me the equivilant of saying that a novel is pointless without the pictures.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2011, 11:18:12 am »

Some people don't know how to set their own goals, so they need that little pop-up to give them a feeling of accomplishment.

It's like putting out pieces of candy for James Wood. Gotta keep em motivated.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2011, 11:42:33 am »

Some people don't know how to set their own goals, so they need that little pop-up to give them a feeling of accomplishment.

It's like putting out pieces of candy for James Wood. Gotta keep em motivated.

Right but the problem is that the majority of gamers either ARE James Wood or the industry just thinks they are.

Achievements does not a game make... but apperantly it does.

Though really it is just part of an even longer trend called "Collection based gameplay"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2011, 11:57:57 am »

Nothing wrong with collection-based gameplay. It is a time-tested and proven fun method of gameplay. Some people don't enjoy it, certainly, but many do. Even games like Metroid were collection based, as you needed to get all those hidden missile expansions, energy tanks, upgrades, etc
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11