Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59404 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Horrible Luck!
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 08:37:36 pm »

((Really, it basically depends on two variables. One: How much air circulation do we need? Two: How much airflow can go through each entrance?
The question is: how much can we close off while still having healthy air flowing? Do we need a better ventilation system? (Yes.)))

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »

"Tell my kids I love them" gasps vads as he deleriously begins chanting the "prayer before dying."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:06:37 pm by vadia »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 08:41:11 pm »

"Tell my kids I love them" gasps vads as he deleriously begins chanting the prayer before dying.

You aren't dead though, or is this your way of saying that you're dropping out?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 08:42:28 pm »

You aren't dying yet!
pretty dang close, though.

edit: oh, deleriously. thats makes sense. how did I miss such a big word?

editedit: lemon & bloog, got anything to say? otherwise I'll just continue on.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:03:57 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 09:24:15 pm »

Na, run the turn.

And seriously, if he says that we need to keep as many entrances open a possible then we do. I suspect the reason that he allowed the gate to be closed was because he didn't feel like having the game end on day two because of unlucky rolls.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:08 pm »

It does make sense.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 09:27:55 pm »

Na, run the turn.

And seriously, if he says that we need to keep as many entrances open a possible then we do. I suspect the reason that he allowed the gate to be closed was because he didn't feel like having the game end on day two because of unlucky rolls.
Pretty much. Without any better weapons, if all of those got in and broke a hole in the dome, there would by fliers next turn, and all of you that were still on your feet would be f'ed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »

DAY 3
More Heavy Scouts come at the (for now) severely underarmed dome city.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Griph Stands at the Southern Gate, somewhat unnerved by the rash of horrid luck yesterday. But that doesn't matter now, what matter is protecting this gate!!!!

Roll: 13
Oof! he goes as he just manages to knock away a jumping Heavy Scout with his Addy Sword. He still manages to kill 4 of them, and the remaining one flees back into the forest.

Bo's still a'hurtin from that there nasty leg bite,but hes reloading Betty anyway! Can't let the town down just 'cause I got bit crazy 'ard!
George sighs at having to listen to the redneck even though he should've gone back, but he doesn't complain openly, they can't afford anymore losses!

Rolls:0-3= -3, 12...
Bo is decapitated by a jumping Heavy Scout! His head trips George while he's charging forward, and almost trips him. George manages to kill 3, but the three from last time return!

Luck Roll: 4
George manages one shot with Bo's shotgun and kills another 2 (scaring the last three off until tomorrow), but blasts his right foot off doing so!

Twil and Vads hear Griph's oof, Bo's death, and George's shriek after he realizes his foot is gone, and become depressed. Do they really want to go back out there?, they both think. Its nice and safe in the med ward, no doom monsters, or gunfire, or horrid luck...

Door Integrity: 16
The closed gate remains nearly unscathed by the clamoring Heavy Scouts.

there are now 5 TINY ALIENS and 9 SMALL ALIENS dead and ready to trade. Goddamn do you guys have bad luck with random.org today!

Health:
Griph: OK!
Bo: DEAD!
George: Heavily Bleeding Injury! (I suggest retreat, if you don't and fail your luck roll again you'll bleed to death.)
Twil: Injured!(healed next turn, unless they return to the fighting. -1 to roll.)
Vads: Injured!(healed next turn, unless they return to the fighting. -1 to roll.)

RP/Non-RP time! (or we can just skip to next,same as before)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:31:07 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - F*ck!
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:56 pm »

Ok, now the update is up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »

Oh. Crap.
WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED!
*Insert screaming madly in RP format here, before calming down*
Ahem.
We seem to have horrible luck. Solution: Either stack the odds in our favor, or have more rolls to go through (robots with lasers!). The law of averages will save us, or at the very least, prolong our lifespan.

Speaking of robots with lasers, query: How are those generators going? I know it's silly to ask every update, but I want a completion time.    ::)

Other random stuff:
Ventilation system, so we can close off more entrances at a time? I know you don't want to, but we need to do something to prevent bad luck from crippling us as much, not to mention increase our defensibility.

Defend one of the open entrances: We'll have to hope the western gate holds out.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:43:56 pm by Twi »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:35 pm »

The genera-HEY! A SHIP IS LANDING! WOO?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 10:46:36 pm »

WOOT!
BlastoiseWarlorf suggested arriving with the ship. I suggest you let him.
Also, the below is not RP format whatsoever. Just my ideas.
----
TRADE PRIORITIES:
Weapons, weapons, more weapons!
Generators. We need the power.
Robots with lasers or whatever. More rolls means the law of averages is more likely to save us.
Concrete? Like I said, we need to chokepoint them. I'd go with a ventilation system (with insane defenses, of course, or possibly just a whole lot of grates and concrete) and a single ground entrance. Generally speaking, any building material we can use for mesh gates or drawbridges or fortifications would be useful.
People?

Dunno what else would they bring...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:50:03 pm by Twi »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:51 pm »

Its the trader's ship, not a colonizer. why would it bring more people? (BlastoiseWarlorf will still be on it, though. just need his Character made)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »

People as NPC fighters, I mean.
People like Blastoise who we're too lazy to name.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 10:51:18 pm »

But... But... my, my gumbo Hurk-bleh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91