Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57811 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game (Sign-ups)
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2010, 09:37:45 am »

Give the piece of paper to the Sergeant and go to the barrack, waiting for the other to complete their interview.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2010, 11:15:02 am »

1)  Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps?
I... I wanted to get away, away from the boring past and the boring future i would have had. there was nothing for me at home. i couldn't really DO ANYTHING! but here, here i can make a difference.
2)  Do you have any prior work experience?
No, not really
3)  What is your education level?
I went to school like everyone else but not really more then that
4)  Do you have any criminal background?
No i was just a farm daughter
5)  You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over?
I think that that is a nonsensical question.
turtles don't live in deserts
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:59:58 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:05 am »

1)  Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps? To become a Firebat and live up to my families memory
2)  Do you have any prior work experience? No
3)  What is your education level? Only what I was able to learn on the streets
4)  Do you have any criminal background? Yes, I had to steal a little to survive when I was younger
5)  You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over? I do turn it over because I feel sorry for the little creature

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2010, 11:43:55 am »

I was inspired by the marines in Alpha Company, who defended by planet from the Sons of Korhal.
I was drafted to fight in the Battle of Brontes, but this is my first real formal training.
I was still in school when the Battle hit. I would have gone back, but there didn't seem much of a point.
No, not to my knowledge.
5)  You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over?
Turtles live in the water, I'm pretty sure. A turtle in the desert sounds suspicious, could be a trap.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2010, 12:40:24 pm »

1) Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps?
Just out of respect of you guys saving me and a few others at Mar Sara.
2) Do you have any prior work experience?
I beat a few Zerglings and 1 Hydralisk to death during my SCV days. Except the Hydralisk was almost dead anyways.
3) What is your education level?
Erm, I was being schooled at an academy right until the evacuation.
4) Do you have any criminal background?
Is this a trick question? Ah screw it, no.
5) You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over?
First, it's a turtle, turtles don't live in deserts, only tortoises. Second, why the hell am I in the desert? Better to let the thing cook then eat it if I'm there.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2010, 12:51:20 pm »

Parents were murdered, nothing much else to live for. I was a troubled youth, and want to turn my life around.
No, not really
Finished school.
Well, I did get in trouble a lot when I was younger, arrested a few times...
My, I have been in the desert for so long, how do I not know that it is a mirage?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »

changed to antiga prime, ok?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2010, 03:39:42 pm »

changed to antiga prime, ok?

done and done, working on the questionnaire for everyone now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 1, Boot Camp
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2010, 03:41:33 pm »

I am assuming that I'm actually playing now, because I'm on the players list.
If I'm wrong, please tell me.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2010, 03:48:39 pm »

yes you are actually playing now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2010, 04:04:25 pm »

Give the piece of paper to the Sergeant and go to the barrack, waiting for the other to complete their interview.

"Head to your barracks recruit, first thing tomorrow head to Room 2 on the third floor, you scan me?"  he says looking directly into your eyes.

I... I wanted to get away, away from the boring past and the boring future i would have had. there was nothing for me at home. i couldn't really DO ANYTHING! but here, here i can make a difference.
No, not really
I went to school like everyone else but not really more then that
No i was just a farm daughter
I think that that is a nonsensical question.
turtles don't live in deserts

The morale officer looks over your questionnaire.  "Question 5 is a hypothetical question, consider it a tortoise if that makes you feel better, you must answer though." he says, awaiting your response.

1)  Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps? To become a Firebat and live up to my families memory
3)  What is your education level? Only what I was able to learn on the streets
4)  Do you have any criminal background? Yes, I had to steal a little to survive when I was younger
5)  You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over? I do turn it over because I feel sorry for the little creature

Looking over the questionnaire the morale officer looks a little confused before ultimately getting out your card and writing down your name and the number 27 next to it.  "Give that to Sergeant Finley on your way out.  We'll be in touch with you again soon."  he says as he hands you your card.

I was inspired by the marines in Alpha Company, who defended by planet from the Sons of Korhal.
I was drafted to fight in the Battle of Brontes, but this is my first real formal training.
I was still in school when the Battle hit. I would have gone back, but there didn't seem much of a point.
No, not to my knowledge.
Turtles live in the water, I'm pretty sure. A turtle in the desert sounds suspicious, could be a trap.

Almost without question the morale officer gets your card out and writes 32 next to your name.  "Make sure you hand that to Sergeant Finley on your way out.  We'll be in touch soon."  he says immediately filling out another form.

1) Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps?
Just out of respect of you guys saving me and a few others at Mar Sara.
2) Do you have any prior work experience?
I beat a few Zerglings and 1 Hydralisk to death during my SCV days. Except the Hydralisk was almost dead anyways.
3) What is your education level?
Erm, I was being schooled at an academy right until the evacuation.
4) Do you have any criminal background?
Is this a trick question? Ah screw it, no.
5) You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over?
First, it's a turtle, turtles don't live in deserts, only tortoises. Second, why the hell am I in the desert? Better to let the thing cook then eat it if I'm there.

After considering the facts, the morale officer seems to make up his mind.  On your card next to your name he writes down the number 24.  "Congratulations on getting out of the SCV's and being accepted into the Marine Corps.  I'm sure you'll do Mar Sara proud." says the morale officer as he hands you the card.  "Make sure to give that to Sergeant Finley on your way out.

Parents were murdered, nothing much else to live for. I was a troubled youth, and want to turn my life around.
No, not really
Finished school.
Well, I did get in trouble a lot when I was younger, arrested a few times...
My, I have been in the desert for so long, how do I not know that it is a mirage?

Looking over your answers the morale officer tentatively writes out the number 24 on the card.  Thinking better of it, he looks up and says "Assume it's not a mirage, what would your answer be then?"

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2010, 04:13:28 pm »

"Well, I suppose I would wonder how it ended up on it's back in the first place. Then, I would more then likely flip it back over. If not, I would walk away, thinking that I should have, keeping a twinge of guilt."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2010, 04:17:04 pm »

"Well, I suppose I would wonder how it ended up on it's back in the first place. Then, I would more then likely flip it back over. If not, I would walk away, thinking that I should have, keeping a twinge of guilt."

Crossing out the 24, the morale officer writes down 25.  "I see, I was mistaken.  We'll be in touch again soon, give this card to Sergeant Finley on your way out."  he says turning his attention the forms he was filling out before you entered.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2010, 04:23:15 pm »

"Yes sir."
John gets up, walks out and hands his card to the Sarge, and then heads off to the barracks.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2010, 04:26:46 pm »

1)  Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps? because i was saved by a marine.
3)  What is your education level? Normal school
4)  Do you have any criminal background? No
5) You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over? There aint no turtles in the korpulu sector...
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 92