Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57819 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 1, Boot Camp
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2010, 09:01:37 pm »

Assuming the numbers are our squads, and not rank or expendability or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:27 pm »

Hand the card to Finley. After, head to the mess hall to grab a snack, then off to bed.

You hand your card to Sergeant Finley.  "Huh?  I didn't have you pegged for a job in the Medical division.  Guess they know better than me."  he says.  "Report to Parade Grounds first thing in the morning."

1)  Why did you join the Dominion Marine Corps?
To explore the universe in a productive manner. Additionally, certain things are very difficult to study outside military action.

2)  Do you have any prior work experience?
Botanical and light zoological experience, primarily knowledge-oriented.

3)  What is your education level?
Personally tutored by two respected researchers.

4)  Do you have any criminal background?
None.

5)  You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over?
Examining the turtle as it tries to right itself can be informative. Interfering with natural incidents is to be avoided. In this case, it's likely I would eventually flip it, however, as the incident was likely to be non-natural to begin with, and helpless turtles are not a major source of food for anything.

"Mmhmm," says the Morale officer as he looks over your answers and then writes down a 25 next to your name.  "Give that to Sergeant Finley outside."  he says.  He immediately takes his fone out and changes the song that it is playing.  You're not sure what he's trying to prove by his getting the fone out, but you're fairly certain it's an insult.

((You forgot about 27, one got the number 27 as well.))

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2010, 09:09:50 pm »

Mumbles to himself on his way to the barracks

"Medical? Bah...Well, all well and good. No matter my training...Maybe later, I can get some different training."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2010, 09:12:06 pm »

Search for my bunk, bed down for the night.

You do so, waiting for the lights to go off so you can go to sleep.

Mumbles to himself on his way to the barracks

"Medical? Bah...Well, all well and good. No matter my training...Maybe later, I can get some different training."

You also do so and arrive at the barracks.  It looks like people are talking about the turtle question.  That was a pretty strange question, considering you're joining the military.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2010, 09:18:30 pm »

"You know, it just seems to be a psychological thing...More then likely determined where we were placed. I certainly did not mean to be in the medical division, but I feel it is a good choice..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2010, 09:52:47 pm »

Raise an eyebrow. "You got a problem with eggheads?"

EDIT: Shrug and hand Finley my card unless there's a good reason to hang around. I'm late enough as is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:35:42 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2010, 09:58:51 pm »

"Me? No, not really, I just never expected to be placed as a medic..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2010, 10:11:57 pm »

((Heh, I meant the guy behind the counter. I should probably just hand Tychus my card though.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2010, 11:29:54 pm »

((Sergeant Finley isn't Tychus... It's Chuck Finley... damn I should have thought that out better))

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game (Sign-ups)
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »

I... I wanted to get away, away from the boring past and the boring future i would have had. there was nothing for me at home. i couldn't really DO ANYTHING! but here, here i can make a difference.
No, not really
I went to school like everyone else but not really more then that
No i was just a farm daughter
5)  You see a turtle on its back in the desert its belly basting in the sun, but you don’t turn it over, why are you not doing anything to help turn the turtle over?
Well i would simply turn it over, it would cost me no effort and it would help the turtle.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game (Sign-ups)
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2010, 11:39:10 pm »

I... I wanted to get away, away from the boring past and the boring future i would have had. there was nothing for me at home. i couldn't really DO ANYTHING! but here, here i can make a difference.
No, not really
I went to school like everyone else but not really more then that
No i was just a farm daughter
Well i would simply turn it over, it would cost me no effort and it would help the turtle.
((Whoops, must have missed that, my bad))

With a little bit of thought, the morale officer writes a 24 next to your name and tells you to turn the card into Sergeant Finley.

Raise an eyebrow. "You got a problem with eggheads?"

EDIT: Shrug and hand Finley my card unless there's a good reason to hang around. I'm late enough as is.

"What'd you say?"  says the Morale Officer, looking at you with a smile forming on his lips.  "Don't question your superiors.  You'll be cleaning out the bathrooms tomorrow night while everyone else sleeps for that."  he says looking smug at being able to push around another person.

Deciding it's best just to leave you hand Sergeant Finley your card and head to the barracks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:43:04 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2010, 12:27:16 am »

((Heh heh, was wondering about the timeline of that. Still, his dialogue didn't seem out of line for Tychus, so... :P))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2010, 01:56:29 am »

somebody must have flipped it and placed a detpack on it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2010, 07:31:48 am »

((Ahra, I'm going to start requiring better (i.e. longer) answers from you.  Even if the questions seem stupid, it's helping to determine your specializations, and develop your character.  Also, waiting for Twi.))

somebody must have flipped it and placed a detpack on it.

With a sigh he writes down a 32 next to your name.  "Give that to Sergeant Finley on your way out." he says.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:34:19 am by V-Norrec »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2010, 09:51:31 am »

roger norrec
give card to finley and go to the parade square whilst looking at the boot camp
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92