Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569973 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3450 on: July 30, 2016, 05:17:00 pm »

So, I just tinkered up a geomagnetic disk. Dude, it's awesome.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 30, 2016, 09:03:50 pm »

That sounds like fun.
I just ran into something called a "emerit wight"?
Or something similar to that. Something starting with E descriping a wight. It was right beside what can only be described as an underground oasis, with two sconces, a plastic tree, a folding chair, and a wooden table. It had the default "a hideous specimen" description. It died easily, as it was hostile; anyone have a idea what it was?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 31, 2016, 10:02:33 am »

Having taken it into group combat situations, it is far better then amazing. Captain America HO!

I do have a question. How the devil does one use a portable wall? I've got a nuclear cell I found slotted into it, but activating it does nothing. Throwing it did nothing, and I somewhat doubt equipping it and smacking a guy will do anything, but I can give that a try.

Edit: Commentary on that wall as well. I found it on the body of a dead putus templar in the red rock river. Perhaps the Putus should not spawn down there, as I only beat them and their unique leader, who had night vision?, thanks to obscenely overpowered equipment and a mass assortment of lethal and protective mutations. You're average person at that point would have been destroyed by them, or forced to retreat and miss the very useful loot down there.

Edit the second: I just dove underground, and encountered what I think is some sort of spatially distorted area. My avatar would randomly jump around as I moved about, including off screen.

Edit, part three: I just scored a hand e nuke from a pile of trash. I am now perhaps the most powerful character I have ever ran.

Edit, the finale: And so ends the most powerful character I've had, wielder of the sacred swarm rack of the pyramid of chrome. To a swarm of chute crabs that ganged up on me when I went down in golgatha.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:58:46 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: August 06, 2016, 07:17:05 am »

Hey, all. The patches this week and next week are a bit light on content since we'll be attending the International Roguelike Development Conference in New York! Both of us (Brian and Jason) are speaking, and the talks will be streamed, so check it out if you're interested: https://www.twitch.tv/roguelike_con
Added a particle effect to campfires.
In support of the pursuit of knowledge, we added some book-related things.
Added procedurally-generated books. Who knows what wisdom is stowed in their pages?
New piece of furniture: bookshelf.
Replaced the table with a bookshelf in Nuntu's hut at Kyakukya.
Added a couple procedurally-generated books to Nuntu's bookshelf.
Fixed an issue with some true kin subtypes not having the proper resistances.
Fixed a formatting issue with Mehmet's dialog.
Fixed an issue with dual wield powers not applying correctly.
Changed the default MP gain for creatures with no subtype to 1 instead of 0.
[modding] We made some updates and fixes to the map editor.
Added a display for the currently selected blueprint.
Added a view for the selected cell.
You can directly edit the blueprints in the selected cell.
You can now delete blueprints from the selected cell.
Right-clicking now removes the topmost object in a cell.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: August 10, 2016, 03:27:05 am »

One shot by a rhinox in some deepish caverns. That was one of the least fun deaths I've encountered in a while. First time I've seen a rhinox too, he was just chillin' down there. 

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: August 13, 2016, 07:02:28 am »

New piece of furniture: candelabra
You may now find the remnants of study alcoves in the caves of Qud. Who knows what fates befell their lettered occupants? Anyway, their valuable books are yours now.
You now get a warning popup when you try to sunder your own mind.
Inanimate objects can no longer spit slime.
You can no longer pick up fused security doors.
When you click on an object in a tile, you're no longer asked to clarify the direction.
Fixed some missing tooltips.
Removed some invalid objects from dynamic population generation.
Fixed the UI not dismissing some screens when you right-clicked.
Fixed an issue with the main menu logo size on very small screens.
Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented clicking on the left side of the screen.
Fixed some exceptions when creating game objects.
Fixed a rare exception when creating force bubbles.
Fixed an AI issue that occasionaly froze the game when descending into Bethesda Susa.
Fixed a rare issue caused by stairs appearing in graveyards.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: August 20, 2016, 07:02:23 am »

We did some work on the character generation screens for the new UI. You can enable the protoype UI by checking Overlay UI > "Enable overlay user interface elements" in the Options menu.
Added a character type selection screen.
Added a genotype selection screen.
Added a subtype selection screen.
Added a stat selection screen.
Fixed the brief flicker that occurred when you enabled or disabled the overlay UI.
Fixed Unstable Genome's display name.
Fixed a typo in the Select Arcology & Caste screen title.
Added a new liquid: wax.
Candles now drip wax.
Reduced the rates that soup sludges spawn.
Tweaked and added descriptions for some creatures and natural weapons.
brooding goldpuff and brooding azurepuff
slumberling
seed spit
spark tick
segmented mirthworm
scorpiock
We did some more prep work for the new Mechanimist library. Taking a page from librarians of the past, Mechanimist scholars are busy dusting off marble busts and casting globes from dawnglider eggs. Expect to see them soon.
[redacted main quest information coming out of the fungal jungle] Just listen to everything Pax Klanq says. He'll have a new request for you in a week or two.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: August 20, 2016, 08:26:05 am »

Edit, the finale: And so ends the most powerful character I've had, wielder of the sacred swarm rack of the pyramid of chrome. To a swarm of chute crabs that ganged up on me when I went down in golgatha.

Further proof that golgatha is BS

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: August 20, 2016, 08:55:27 am »

Further proof that golgatha is BS
Yeah. REally it was my own fault. I went a phasing through the walls, looting everything and ending up in the chute crab path. Should have moved, but I was slaughtering them all and figured it would be no issue to go down that chute, with my force bubble up. I suspect that they all stacked on top of each other for MASSIVE swarmer bonuses, as even without force bubble, 9 around me were having a hard time even touching my armor.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: August 20, 2016, 08:09:02 pm »

Golgotha is easy if you play for the win. It's not a dungeon that rewards faffing about. You don't even need to fight Slog.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: August 20, 2016, 08:30:54 pm »

Considering how overpowered i was (maybe 2000 eater nectar injectors and a mutation list longer then the screen could display) you are quite right. Had I not faffed about, I would have won handily. I will say this though. If you get unlucky and have to fight the crabs, its a losing battle.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: August 27, 2016, 07:27:44 am »

Added tile variants for various farmer NPCs.
Changed Mehmet's tile.
Changed Putus Templar warden name to knight templar.
Added a new tile for knight templars.
Added a new tile for knight templar faction leaders, warmongers amongst the true.
Tweaked the title modifiers on procedurally-generated book. Every book doesn't have a volume or edition number now.
Added more procedurally-generated books to Nuntu's bookshelf.
Procedurally-generated books are now worth various amounts.
Added a new overland tile for the Six Day Stilt.
Updated the tile for Shekhinah's hologram.
Added new overland tiles for the fungal jungle.
Changed Pax Klanq's skill profile. He's a master tinker now.
Changed Pax Klanq's attributes and HP.
Gave Pax Klanq a description.
Added wax blocks and wax nodules. They melt into molten wax.
Molten wax puddles cool into wax blocks or wax nodules, depending on the liquid volume of the puddle.
Molten wax now warms you if you step into it, drink it, or pour it on yourself.
Changed the descriptions of soup sludges.
Removed the fail chance from desalination pellets.
[modding] Added a new part, CommerceRangeValue, that lets you define a range for the commerical value of an item. Example: <part Name="CommerceRangeValue" Range="100-200"></part>

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: August 27, 2016, 11:27:07 am »

Considering how overpowered i was (maybe 2000 eater nectar injectors and a mutation list longer then the screen could display) you are quite right. Had I not faffed about, I would have won handily. I will say this though. If you get unlucky and have to fight the crabs, its a losing battle.

I had an even stupider Golgatha death with somebody way powerful too: I mistook an auto-death shaft for one of the chutes you're supposed to jump down. Fell to my death, with like L7 Wings... (It was my first trip through Golgatha in like five years, so I forgot what a lot of the features were called.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: August 27, 2016, 07:43:49 pm »

There are auto death shafts?
What are they called?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: August 27, 2016, 10:15:44 pm »

You can jump down the elevator shaft to the bottom of golgatha. I've heard its survivable with a rubber gum injector and high health.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 250