Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569868 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3480 on: August 30, 2016, 03:26:54 pm »

Reports!

1 - this greybeard drummer sucks, but the more I die before level 4 the more I think I can do cool stuff with him if I can just survive a bit longer

2 - Mehmet was totally just killed by Warden Ualraig.  That used to be common enough, but I thought that bug was fixed?  I'm not sure what random background trait caused the hostility as I wasn't fast enough in examining Mehmet before he died.

3 - Got a weird fungal forest at the enterance to Red Rock.  Mushrooms, pools of wine, the works.  Bug?  Don't think that i supposed to be there.

4 - Asphalt pools seem to be all over the starting region now.  Intended?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: August 30, 2016, 05:52:00 pm »

Further reports!

5 - greybeard drummer managed to die at level 4.  was going good, but couldn't outrun a purple snapjaw and his gang.

6 - Mehmet was disliked by Baetyls for disrespecting their women (or something similar).  Baetyls have women?

7 - I have for arms and four hands, but only one "hands" slot to equip a single pair of gloves.  These mutations are expensive and I would like to stack more tiny bonuses!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:21 pm »

7 - I have for arms and four hands, but only one "hands" slot to equip a single pair of gloves.  These mutations are expensive and I would like to stack more tiny bonuses!

I recall reading that the mutations that give extra equipment slots are mostly bugged and don't give the correct stat boosts for the newly added slot; only the original one counts.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: August 31, 2016, 06:19:23 pm »

Puke, so far as I'm aware, mushrooms, asphalt and slime biomes spawn in random locations.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: September 01, 2016, 03:25:45 am »

maybe I was blind, I see the extra "hands" slot now.

Got to level 5, going strong, died to a young ivory.  Got pissed and turned off permadeath.

Met a baetyl in Grit gate guarded by TWO chaingun turrets (dafuq?).  Thanks, phaseing!  Thing wanted seven fullerite somethings for a blast cannon.  Told it to get effed.

By level 6 the drummer / stunlock build is looking pretty great, but he is a slow runner and I am leary of advancing double-muscled any further as I already have trouble catching archers.

Think sowers will screw me up once I meet them, will need to find a solution to that problem.

As mentioned above, unsure that all specials are proc'ing for all attacks.  I have a TON of extra attack and stun/daze chances from various abilities and mutations, and there is no telling without a debugger if they are triggering each other or not.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: September 01, 2016, 07:01:02 am »

Skimmed this thread a little, then decided to read a review on rock paper shotgun from July 2015.
Just part way down I read "the poetic ramblings of a mad goatman". O.k. I'm interested!  :P

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: September 01, 2016, 07:09:09 am »

Horns, fur, and so on, here's my take on making a goatman mutant. Probably plays terribly.
BCNIOETEAAU2BJBLBPB1CK

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: September 01, 2016, 07:23:39 am »

"the poetic ramblings of a mad goatman"

dont forget bloodthirsty. 

I am currently running a pure melee build, dealing with the goat people in general and Mamon specifically is going to be a real trick.  I might skip it, and only go down there if I need to learn the cure after Golgotha..  Might have enough armor by then that it wont be as much of a problem?

Horns, fur, and so on, here's my take on making a goatman mutant. Probably plays terribly.
BCNIOETEAAU2BJBLBPB1CK

Try this one:  BEQOOKKEBABEBLB1  After suffering slow speed from double-muscles in the past, I added adrenal control for a get-out-of-dodge.  Considered hook-feet to simulate hooves, but thought that was a bridge too far.  Almost went with socially repugnant, but couldnt think of any other mutations he really needed and the points would have been wasted. 

Don't think goats see in the dark, but could be wrong?

edit:  sorry, i said those were not horns and clearly I was smoking crack.  Somehow thought I read "claws" but on second inspection it seems like I must have been high.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:27:47 am by puke »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: September 01, 2016, 07:31:35 am »

Okay, there is something wrong with the character seeds.

The first time I looked at yours, it had "claws".  when I reloaded it, it had "horns".  When I made mine, it had horns, when I reloaded it there were "tusks".  I reloaded your again, and it had "antlers"

maybe it is intended to be randomized, but some of those take hand slots, others head slots, others face slots.  I can see random descriptions for horn / antler, but randomizing the slot cant be intended behavior can it?

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: September 01, 2016, 07:37:05 am »

Goats hold many a secret...
Honestly I just wanted to use up some of the extra points from ravenous. I think I went far more for form than function. Yours looks quite playable!

I've noticed there's a distinct mutation hole for the ability to eat scrap.

Fake edit:
That's very interesting, and sounds like a bug. Antlers aren't a normal option. Are these claws or burrowing claws?
I wonder if other mutations that are normally unavailable are accessible through char-seeds.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: September 01, 2016, 07:47:28 am »

reload your saved seed a few times, take a look.

They didn't say "burrowing" but I'm not sure what the actual function is since the character summary does not give mutation descriptions and I didn't actually start a game.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: September 01, 2016, 08:13:51 am »

I couldn't get them to show up any differently. Are you running mods at all?
You should start the game to see what happens. :D

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: September 01, 2016, 08:35:35 am »

I couldn't get them to show up any differently. Are you running mods at all?
You should start the game to see what happens. :D

I am not running mods. 

Could not get claws and antlers to reproduce.  50% chance I was smoking crack on claws, since I didn't realize there was a problem at the time and was not reading closely.  100% certain antlers really happened.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: September 01, 2016, 08:43:20 am »

HA!  Just started again to take a look at the in-game text, and got antlers.  The in-game description is exactly for "horns" and says "Horns jut out of your head"

Tusks say the same, and occupy a "head" slot rather than a "face" slot.  Suspect this feature was put in before the head/face separation.

This is from the in-game character sheet, rather than the pre-game of the previous posts.  Inventory and mutation list say "antlers" or "tusks" or singular "horn", but descriptive text always reads "horns"

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: September 01, 2016, 10:04:21 am »

That's really quite fascinating. I wonder why it occurs. Perhaps chimera and unstable genome are to blame?

Edit: a simpler build and it's doing it for it too.
BAEEEEEGAAU2BL

Edit2: Just ocurred as I was going through char gen. Double checking this isn't a feature of horns, then I'm testing chimera and unstable genome as potential causes.

Edit 3: Turns out that is just a feature of horns. Sometimes they are tusks or similar, I suppose. How strange.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:09:32 am by Edmus »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 250