Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570943 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2460 on: September 12, 2012, 08:53:33 pm »

So I listened to that podcast with the devs, and it sounds like this is abandoned.

Are there any prospects for fan generated content, finishing any of the map locations, or adding quests?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 12, 2012, 09:08:39 pm »

So I listened to that podcast with the devs, and it sounds like this is abandoned.

Are there any prospects for fan generated content, finishing any of the map locations, or adding quests?

It's certainly not abandoned; we'll continue working on it on and off, like we have for the last five+ years. We've just got a commercial project taking our time at the moment. :)

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:34 am »

Did you listen to the part where they were talking about how they'd be working on it for the next fourty years?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:48 pm »

Well since there is what seems to be a dev here, perhaps he can explain at what point diseases become incurable by honey/yuckwheat, and how much of the stuff you have to consume?

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 14, 2012, 12:59:06 pm »

Someone once said what was an easy beginner build, does anybody remember that? I just want an easy build to get comfortable with before I venture into more hardcore Qud-ing.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 14, 2012, 01:22:45 pm »

Well since there is what seems to be a dev here, perhaps he can explain at what point diseases become incurable by honey/yuckwheat, and how much of the stuff you have to consume?

Depends on the disease. You get several 'saving throws' while the disease incubates, those are improved by various items, but once you get full onset disease, you have to resort to the full cure.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 14, 2012, 01:38:27 pm »

Someone once said what was an easy beginner build, does anybody remember that? I just want an easy build to get comfortable with before I venture into more hardcore Qud-ing.

I started out as a True Human Praetorian, focused on sword combat rather than diving into the mutations right away.  That said, I don't know that any build is easier than any other--I could be wrong because I've not played every combination possible.  My experience is that the game is equally hard with each character build I play, mostly because they require different strategies.  Obviously you can make the game harder for yourself depending on how you build your character (ie. taking most/all non-offensive mutations; focusing on exploration or butchery skills early on)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 14, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »

Depends on the disease. You get several 'saving throws' while the disease incubates, those are improved by various items, but once you get full onset disease, you have to resort to the full cure.
But I ate 3  yuckwheats and drank dozens of drams of honey. What are the chances?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:26 pm »

Anyone know how to wish for a canteen of amoeba slime?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 15, 2012, 12:22:21 pm »

But I ate 3  yuckwheats and drank dozens of drams of honey. What are the chances?

Using multiples doesn't increase your daily save. It's dependent on your toughness as well. You still have a decent chance of getting full blown disease if you don't have a very high toughness once you contract it.

"SmallSlimePuddle"

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 15, 2012, 12:44:35 pm »

Roll up a mutant with wings, freezing hands, multiple legs, night vision and analgesia in defects to get enough points. Stats don't matter too much, but I would go for max toughness and agility. Get the first gun you can, stock up on bullets, and take to the air with wings. Push points into freezing hands and wings whenever you level up, wings until you can no longer randomly stop flying. Then push legs and hands.

Points to remember with this build. Freezing hands is both an escape method and your primary attack. Hit them with it, and stay a good 4-5 squares away.

Multiple legs will allow you to outrun about 95% of creatures, even at first level, but it only affects movement speed. Truthfully you only either need wings OR multiple legs, but they have different uses. Wings is basically god mode on the surface, very few things can hit you while flying. Just beware of dragonflies, they are depressingly strong and can hit you while flying. Multiple legs is less potent on the surface, but works underground.

Equimax are your friends with this build, assuming you slaughter your friends for XP. They hit hard, have a good amount of health, and give extremely high amounts of XP early on, but have absolutely no way of hitting a flyer. If you haven't got wings to the point where you can't fall, simply kite them with freezing hands. One good field will probably get you 2-3 levels if you kill all the equimax in it. Once you get wings to where you can't fall, just run around aggroing all of them, then freeze em to death.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 15, 2012, 02:53:52 pm »

Hmmm, I've drank a dram of gel and honey every day for about a week now,even taking it every half a day. How does this cure thing work?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 15, 2012, 05:08:15 pm »

Hmmm, I've drank a dram of gel and honey every day for about a week now,even taking it every half a day. How does this cure thing work?

You've got to mix desalinated amoeba slime and the other ingredient in one container before drinking it.

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 15, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »

The ironshank has spread fully so I am now resorted to jumping every 100 turns. So wishing is going to take the place of 5 hours of jumping.

congrats on becoming a jiang shi

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:47 pm »

I knew it! Will do later when I get home, and finally I can move again.

The ironshank has spread fully so I am now resorted to jumping every 100 turns. So wishing is going to take the place of 5 hours of jumping.

congrats on becoming a jiang shi
LOL
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 250