Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570944 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2445 on: July 17, 2012, 11:38:11 am »

Well... that'd be the one you haven't finished yet. =P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Thanks, lemon10, for that post under mine... reminding me that this board does, indeed, have a spoiler tag.
You forgot about
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: July 17, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »

Nah, I probably just flat out forgot about it. The version I played was the... second latest, I think?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: July 17, 2012, 07:26:12 pm »

Yeah, as far as I can remember, he is one of the most dangerous uniques (second most dangerous in my opinion though), the only thing more threatening then which are the things in the deathlands (which are made even more annoying by the fact that they are non-unique, and can have numerous ones on the same screen).
He has weaknesses, though.  Aside from the method I used to kill him:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:27:59 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 05, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »

I recently got back into this and have to say the 'Rising Indrix' quest is awesome; it keeps getting more and more disturbing the farther you go down the river. It reminds me of Apocalypse Now... If someone made a quest out of it for Fallout 2.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 10, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »

It reminds me of Apocalypse Now... If someone made a quest out of it for Fallout 2.

This sums up the game neatly IMHO.  I'm having a blast playing this one at work lately :D  I'm glad I gave the game another try, being a four-armed knife fighter that can make multiple copies of himself and dominate enemies is great fun.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: September 07, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »

Ok, twinning lampreys, they will not go away. It's not them respawning each other, I figured that out after the 3rd kill. It's when I kill both of them at the same time (explosions/lining them up with double pistol shot) and yet they seem to respawn. I must of killed about 12 pairs of the things on a fully explored floor. After killing everything else. Huge waste of resources and I think it's a bug.

It was on a floor after you get the gold key in Bethesda susa (or something like that)

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 08, 2012, 12:37:31 am »

If anyone is curious about the method behind the madness, roguelike radio did a show with Caves of Qud's developers:

http://www.roguelikeradio.com/2012/09/episode-45-caves-of-qud.html

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: September 08, 2012, 03:50:35 pm »

Ok, my guy got ironshank in his legs.... What does it do and how do I cure it?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 08, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »

theres a book of cures in the southern village with the plant trader and the albino ape leader.

and generally stuff can be cured in the early stages by eating honey

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 10, 2012, 12:58:06 pm »

Exactly how much honey do I have to drink to cure this disease, and where can I get yuckwheat?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:18 pm »

yuckwheat is found randomly, and when you eat honey there'll be a message if you're cured, i think.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 10, 2012, 01:25:55 pm »

Huh so I just keep quaffing it?

The book recommends as part of a cure, that you drink it once a day. I might try that.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 12, 2012, 11:17:51 am »

Ok, I have eaten 3 yuckwheat and drank dozens of drams of honey. My ironshank keeps getting worse. Wth.

I'm just going to go for the main cure. Can I use any slime, or does it have to say "amoeba slime"? Where can I find these amoeba's?

If all that fails, can I cheat away this disease?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 12, 2012, 06:38:13 pm »

I only know about Glotrot, haven't contracted Ironshank yet. However, I do know that Glotrot could only be cured by honey/yuckwheat when it was in its early stages. Otherwise, you had to make yourself a "Flaming Ick," which is a pain in the ass. Ironshank might have a specialized cure, too. You just need to look in that book of cures talked about in Twiggie's post.

There's no "Cure Diseases" debug command, but if you knew how, you could easily make yourself the cure by "wishing" up all the ingredients.

Hope this helps!  :D

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 12, 2012, 07:41:46 pm »

Seems I will have to wish it all up...

I need amoeba slime.

The ironshank has spread fully so I am now resorted to jumping every 100 turns. So wishing is going to take the place of 5 hours of jumping.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 250