Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571170 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2205 on: February 22, 2012, 08:20:26 am »

are cybernetics Human only?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »

Just got shot to hell by something in Golgotha...  but I noticed a few things along the way:

After completing the watervine quest, you can still access the "I'm looking for work" dialogue with Mehmet.  You need to ask about Joppa, and then, I think, is when you can ask about work again.  He'll tell you about the watervines, just as though you hadn't solved the quest, but the quest log doesn't update with the quest again.

*Fixed some stair connection issues in the new caves and existing lairs

I'm guessing this is why I was walking up into completely empty levels in a cave system, with no way to get out...?  Luckily I had a recoiler both times.

On the entrance complex map of Golgotha, I noticed, after I killed an enemy with a rifle, that it's ammo was sitting on the ground.  I went to pick it up and it didn't leave the ground, but the number of slugs in my inventory increased.  It was, essentially, an endless supply of slugs, begin able to pick it up, over and over, without it disappearing.

Also, I am really glad for the prompt when you try to walk over pits in Golgotha.

Minor spelling issue in the description of the pick ax: "and" should be "an."

Another thing, which I would like to see is, when enemies are on fire, that their behavior changes to something other than the normal, chase player, kill player.  Even a simple stop, drop, roll, or, if there's water nearby, run to water.

Been playing using a true human praetorian just to power through the early game, but have yet to come across any cybernetics.
Any hint as to where my might find them?

I've seen strangely named data disks being sold by Argyve, which I am guessing are probably cybernetics, but I've not actually found any out in the world. 

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »

Hah, I found an apple grove in the desert canyons and fell in love with the daughter of the orchard owner.  The status I got was LOVESICK

EDIT: BTW, what's the level cap?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:20:04 pm by Tnx »

handofluke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: February 22, 2012, 03:29:48 pm »

I love you so much Unormal :')

Been playing using a true human praetorian just to power through the early game, but have yet to come across any cybernetics.
Any hint as to where my might find them?

Currently you'll have to get to Bethesda Susa.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: February 23, 2012, 04:16:33 am »

I've noticed that when equipping shields and bucklers, they remove the appropriate DV but do not add the AV.  Is there some invisible AV value at work here?  Or does the AV only add when I successfully block?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: February 23, 2012, 06:49:02 am »

I've noticed that when equipping shields and bucklers, they remove the appropriate DV but do not add the AV.  Is there some invisible AV value at work here?  Or does the AV only add when I successfully block?
Correct. It adds the value when you block.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: February 23, 2012, 02:58:19 pm »

Hah, I found an apple grove in the desert canyons and fell in love with the daughter of the orchard owner.  The status I got was LOVESICK

EDIT: BTW, what's the level cap?

I found several apple groves and a pig farm.  Never found these kinds of things before, but it's possible I just always missed them.  I slaughtered everyone I found and the pigs.  omnomnomnom pigs

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: February 23, 2012, 03:52:13 pm »

Is the desert to the west of Joppa worth exploring?  I've just found ruins but nothing crazy yet.  I found a snapjaw fort in the desert canyons too which was cool.   I've yet to run across a legendary creature lair that everyone keeps mentioning.  I wish there was an option to up the chance of more unique features in the regions,.  Can that be added as a debug option perhaps?

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: February 23, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »

I've noticed a sort of bug.  When I have mechanized wings equipped and try to set the "fly" action to something (ctr+f usually, for me) it sets the same binding to "land".  This means that if I try to fly with my mechanized wings I instantly drop back down to earth.  You can still manually select to fly, but not being able to bind it is no fun.  Unless of course that's intentional to make them more of a hassle than natural wings.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:09:31 pm by HashBrowns »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: February 23, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

I've noticed a sort of bug.  When I have mechanized wings equipped and try to set the "fly" action to something (ctr+f usually, for me) it sets the same binding to "land".  This means that if I try to fly with my mechanized wings I instantly drop back down to earth.  It's possible this is intentional, although it'd mean the item is completely useless.  Anyway, surrounded by goatfolk, trying to fly, about to die.  :(
You can just use the abilities menu to fly. You dont have to set a key for it. By pressing the key to the left of the ability in the abilities menu, you can just use it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: February 23, 2012, 04:12:53 pm »

I just found the lair of the legendary salt kraken, leveling me up by 4 levels. Any advice on killing salt krakens?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: February 23, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »

I've noticed a sort of bug.  When I have mechanized wings equipped and try to set the "fly" action to something (ctr+f usually, for me) it sets the same binding to "land".  This means that if I try to fly with my mechanized wings I instantly drop back down to earth.  It's possible this is intentional, although it'd mean the item is completely useless.  Anyway, surrounded by goatfolk, trying to fly, about to die.  :(
You can just use the abilities menu to fly. You dont have to set a key for it. By pressing the key to the left of the ability in the abilities menu, you can just use it.

Thanks, I actually realized that immediately after I posted and edited my post, but not quick enough, I see.  :)  Still, is it supposed to be unbindable like that?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2217 on: February 23, 2012, 04:15:34 pm »

I just found the lair of the legendary salt kraken, leveling me up by 4 levels. Any advice on killing salt krakens?
Probably do it from a distance.

Using a rocket launcher and a force field.

And burning it with your mind.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: February 23, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

I can't seem to find the download for the new version anywhere  :-\
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 23, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »

Is it just me, or all mutants really, really awesome when you think about it?

Right now I am running a carapaced dude with flaming hands that can slow down time and shock the crap out of you. I like to imagine that lightning occasionally shoots between the carapace pieces. Its especially awesome cause I am technically a giant enemy crab/boss, since I can pull out a crapton of AV when I clamp down, so you need to attack when I am firing mah lazor and thus reveal my soft underbelly. Except its hard cause I can stop time for a while and instakill your entire team when you get too dangerous. One hell of a boss fight.

EDIT: New version? You always download it from the same place. The dev just switches the file.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 250