Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570177 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1260 on: March 22, 2011, 12:49:33 am »

Did you misquote? Havent even been to golgotha on this guy :)

Does the prerelease toggle change the dungeons and such too? Today was the first time I turned that on, to see what all it did. Only thing I noticed so far was the psychometry mutation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:54:13 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 22, 2011, 12:51:05 am »

Unormal, little problem; recoilers with energy cells cost less than energy cells alone.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 22, 2011, 12:54:06 am »

It's like the thing with 10 foot poles. A 10 foot ladder is cheaper than 2 10 foot poles :o

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 22, 2011, 12:58:00 am »

I don't think he mis-quoted. Golgotha is the place you go for the waydroid. If you don't go there then you're doing it wrong.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 22, 2011, 01:00:03 am »

If you don't go there then you're doing it wrong.
T_T

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 22, 2011, 01:01:24 am »

...You guys need to pay more attention to your quests.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 22, 2011, 01:02:07 am »

Nah, it's jus' that I don't even live long enough to see that quest. D:

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 22, 2011, 01:07:02 am »

What do you usually play? How fast is your pace? What do you usually die to? What obvious mistakes do you make that even you know about?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 22, 2011, 01:10:54 am »

Urrrgggh, the wayward droid quest was annoying, those damn drillbots kept breaking my stuff, i just buggered off from that site and went exploring and leveling for a while, upgrading my stuff 'n' that.

High Explosive grenades mkII are your friends... except when they hit you... But even then they're still your friends.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1269 on: March 22, 2011, 01:22:00 am »

I don't think he mis-quoted. Golgotha is the place you go for the waydroid. If you don't go there then you're doing it wrong.

He misquoted, then changed the quote, then left my name as if I posted it. So yea, misquote + edit and mistakenly left my name as the author :)

As far as Golgotha, I went there on one char and got the waydroid no problem. He was badass with dual laser pistols, though.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 22, 2011, 01:23:17 am »

I get to the "fix the waydroid" quest in 15-20 min of the game, and then I go all over the map to look for legendary beasts, they have great loot and give XP just for finding their lairs :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 22, 2011, 01:28:49 am »

Okay people, lets kall them now killbots. It'l be fun. Possibly even a reference that I'm unaware of.

Oh, and EMP grenades are designed for killing 'bots, as well as the discharge thingy mutation.
You know, because EMP kills electronics in real life?
And Mk III emp grenades are qwuite common

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 22, 2011, 01:48:19 am »

Also, bug to report...
I don't want this to get fixed but oh well.

When you charge and are not aiming at an enemy your turn will not end and you can charge again... and again... and again... etc till infinity, as long as a creature is not in the way.
This is great for running away.

Edit:
And holy shit, it seems that learning how to make ego boosters is a good idea, i mean, my god! I just cleaned out the tinker merchants in grit gate and joppa, easily, and still have enough derams and items to sell that im thinking of clearing out the jungle town merchant.

Oh, also i have a rocket launcher now, and all this over futuristic stuff. Damn!

Edit edit: I forgot, i also just completed the 2nd grit gate quest. Wow, just wow.

Edit  Edit Edit: Either this is a bug or a reaaaaly annoying gameplay feature, how you can not dissassemble grenades or weapons that you have made/ know how to make.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:38:26 am by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 22, 2011, 03:50:01 am »

Edit  Edit Edit: Either this is a bug or a reaaaaly annoying gameplay feature, how you can not dissassemble grenades or weapons that you have made/ know how to make.
It's a feature, it was discussed a few pages ago.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 22, 2011, 05:33:29 am »

What do you usually play? How fast is your pace? What do you usually die to? What obvious mistakes do you make that even you know about?
Random stuff. Fast I guess? Everything and anything. Dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 250