Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570116 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1230 on: March 21, 2011, 04:17:51 pm »

I'd appreciate if my character didn't decide to autoeat the urberry and taco supreme. I kind of wanted to keep them.

Hahahaha making the Uber-build:

16str
14agi
16to
18int (20 with tinker)
18 willpower
20 ego

tinker
humanoid
standard mutant

Mutations:
brittle bones
cryokinesis
light manipulation
disintegration
stunning force/analytical genius

level up until you hit 24 int (add points when needed) and dissasemble every regenera autoinjectors. get a prefrontal injector data disk.
profit!
super meds give permanent stats to mutants. Whith enough patience you can end up with really good stats and tinker 3 even with mediocre starting int.
I still need to figure out on how many skillpoints I'm operating and what to give them to.
I'm mostly buying harvestry, butchery, tinker, first level of wayfaring, shield, cudgels and short blades.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 21, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »

Regenera injectors are REALLY powerful. From what I understand, they can negate even fire ants by themself.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 21, 2011, 04:30:06 pm »

I'm really enjoying the Regeneration mutation. Get it bumped up a few levels and it's really easy to run away from a bad fight, heal up as you go, and whittle your opponents down. I've got a gunslinger right now who's using that trick to great effect.

Regeneration + Regenera Injectors? Insane healing capacity. I was on fire and taking damage from enemies and still managing to get back a HP every other round.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 21, 2011, 04:35:10 pm »

I'm really enjoying the Regeneration mutation. Get it bumped up a few levels and it's really easy to run away from a bad fight, heal up as you go, and whittle your opponents down. I've got a gunslinger right now who's using that trick to great effect.
Yeah, regeneration is pretty good. I almost always pick it because it makes regeneration within a reasonable time span worthwhile.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 21, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »

I can't believe my level 15 character died in a crappy legendary salt hopper lair right beside Joppa. Is it normal for there to be a bunch of fire ants and a dozen robots in a lair only like 3 world map tiles from Joppa? It was only the 2nd level of the lair, too.

When it says it's building the area, I'm pretty sure it means it, and that enemies are generated in the cave with at least some recognition of your own level.

FYI, There is no level scaling at all.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:16 pm »

Regeneration + Regenera Injectors? Insane healing capacity. I was on fire and taking damage from enemies and still managing to get back a HP every other round.
I just got into the game and I'm trying to use a combination of regeneration, force wall, and meditation to heal up very quickly while my enemies can't do a thing.

However, I have a suspicion force wall is bugged, I tried putting a mutation point into it to level it up, but I lost the point and it remained at 1.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 21, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »

I just got into the game and I'm trying to use a combination of regeneration, force wall, and meditation to heal up very quickly while my enemies can't do a thing.

However, I have a suspicion force wall is bugged, I tried putting a mutation point into it to level it up, but I lost the point and it remained at 1.

No, you have a negative Ego mod. Your Ego mod is applied to the effective level of every mental mutation. In this case you need to level it up enough to overcome the negative Ego modifier before it will display a level greater than 1.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:04 pm »

Ah. That's right.

Well... uh... I'm negative again...

Still, force wall is pretty useful at even level 1.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 21, 2011, 04:51:48 pm »

"Kiting"

Man, I need to pick this game up sometime soon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 21, 2011, 04:57:28 pm »

Double pistols in this game are awesome. If you find/craft two chain pistols, you are a freaking chaingun turret on legs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 21, 2011, 05:04:00 pm »

Regenera injectors are REALLY powerful. From what I understand, they can negate even fire ants by themself.
They're also helpful when fighting sawbots. As they have a nasty habit of sawing off your limbs, which the Regenera Injector can..uh...regenerate. I was very pleased to discover that little feature.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »

Wow, blinking tic is annoying. You go halfway across the map and then you teleport and suddenly you're right back at the start. It's also inconvenient if half the level is generated separate from the other, since you'll have to wait until you teleport again. Still, the teleportation may be useful if you're about to die and suddenly you're safe.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 21, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

Wow, blinking tic is annoying. You go halfway across the map and then you teleport and suddenly you're right back at the start. It's also inconvenient if half the level is generated separate from the other, since you'll have to wait until you teleport again. Still, the teleportation may be embarrassing if you're about to die and suddenly you're in the middle of a group of baboons.
That's how I see it. 0P

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 21, 2011, 06:04:26 pm »

Note to self, never use the amnesia defect.
It's so horrible when exploring caves
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 21, 2011, 06:07:01 pm »

Amnesia isn't too bad of a mental defect. Probably the easiest to work around. Well, Socially Repugnant is easy to work around too, but expensive. Honestly, the physical defects all seem easier to handle then the mental ones.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 250