Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569632 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #630 on: January 10, 2011, 06:19:19 pm »

There's two glowpad merchants, I had both in two past games.

EDIT: One looks exactly like a normal glowpad (purple), that one isn't on the overhead map, you have to find him randomly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:21:01 pm by Tnx »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 10, 2011, 07:20:32 pm »

I've only found the blue one, which is random. :(

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 10, 2011, 08:11:20 pm »

EDIT: One looks exactly like a normal glowpad (purple), that one isn't on the overhead map, you have to find him randomly.
How rare is he? Because I've been exploring the marshes for quite a while and... Nothing.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 10, 2011, 10:48:43 pm »

There's two glowpad merchants, I had both in two past games.

Where have you previously found the purple glowpad merchant?

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 10, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

Is there going to be a fix for not needing the -console shortcut thingo? Without it the game still doesn't load :(
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 11, 2011, 01:38:38 am »

I savescum alot to find him.  I pretty much comb all the marsh zones around Joppa, and whenever I arrive at a new section, I save and then go and wipe out the zone slowly, if he appears then I reload the save so I can take out his friends without him seeing.  Out of I dunno.. 100 games probably? I've only seen him about 10 times, with 9 of those games actively searching for him.  I remember I posted a screen shot of him earlier in this thread.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 11, 2011, 01:46:00 am »

I savescum alot to find him.  I pretty much comb all the marsh zones around Joppa, and whenever I arrive at a new section, I save and then go and wipe out the zone slowly, if he appears then I reload the save so I can take out his friends without him seeing.  Out of I dunno.. 100 games probably? I've only seen him about 10 times, with 9 of those games actively searching for him.  I remember I posted a screen shot of him earlier in this thread.
Yeah, you did post an image of him earlier.
Yeah he just restocked for me and has more cool items..
http://i.imgur.com/JVhWO.jpg

I encountered him two screens east of Joppa.  Now I'm going to update and pray that I find him again.. He reminds me of Gheed from Diablo 2.

Edit: I just encountered a "Voider", which has a description of "It's a voider!" and a difficulty of easy. It doesn't seem to be coming towards me to attack for some reason. Will post what happens if something interesting happens.

Edit2: Hey, he teleported me right into a room FILLED with enemies! He is SO dead when I get back.

Edit3: I was just teleported again! There's more than one of them!

Edit4: ARGH, one of them is being an asshole! Hiding at a doorway, making it difficult for me to hit him without being teleported.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:56:05 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »

Can I fill up my waterskins?
And how.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 11, 2011, 01:02:59 pm »

And how.

Stand over any liquid > press space > get liquid/fill desired waterskin > viola
But be reminded that drinking anything other than fresh water is a terrible idea.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:15 pm »

What are the consequences of drinking the salt water?  Hallucination then death?

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 11, 2011, 03:07:51 pm »

Thanks to this thread I downloaded the game yesterday.  After about 5 minutes of confusion (my first guy died when I tried to 't'alk to the first quest-giver) I found myself doing quite well.  Easily one of the more accessible roguelikes.  Based on my experiences, you can be successful with the most basic character types (standard melee fighter), but the complexity is there once you are ready for it.  Being able to see the basic attributes of armor/weapons at a glance is amazingly helpful.  A perfect game to help get me through the early-year game drought.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:56 pm »

You 't'hrew a grenade at him instead. :P

Space is your 'do everything' key. You can use it to open chests, doors, talk to people, select stuff, etc.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:46 pm »

(my first guy died when I tried to 't'alk to the first quest-giver)
Same here, we should make a club  :P

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:20 pm »

And how.

Stand over any liquid > press space > get liquid/fill desired waterskin > viola
But be reminded that drinking anything other than fresh water is a terrible idea.
Nothing terrible happened when I made my guy drink amoeba slime. I was a bit disappointed.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 11, 2011, 04:09:17 pm »

Saltwater makes you puke and become dehydrated. Not sure about others.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 250