Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266134 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1395 on: February 08, 2011, 03:17:17 pm »

Yeah, the clothing could use a little work. The lace-up still looks painted on, but they've got most of a year. The positions they are in are a helluva lot more organic looking than oblivion. Also I'm liking the idea of this being set in skyrim a whole lot more, blackmarsh or elseweyr would have been cool... but hey at least you get tavern wenches here.

Ah, screw proper technological/economical development. As long as it plays sorta well, it looks pretty, is open ended and moddable, and they don't screw the lore, I'm a happy camper.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 08, 2011, 03:22:31 pm »

I really hope they don't continue to add grit to the game. So far everything in that mockup has a grittier look than Oblivion, and it makes it look more natural. I just fear they may add more and more.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 08, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »

Ya know... are there demons souls-esque mods for any of the TES/FO games?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 08, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

That doesn't look that bad, especially for a suxbox game (although the texture on her sleeves is pretty low res, notice that?). I just hope they do something with that automatic lip syncing system they have. If they have chracters looking like this that move like they did in Oblivion, it's going to be horrible. Kinda reminds me of LA Noire. When I saw the trailers for that, I thought Jesus Christ, should've named that Uncanny Valley Noire.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 08, 2011, 04:31:36 pm »

Am I the only one who find amusement in the fact that one of the first pictures released for the barbarianish Skyrim has a tavern wench?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 08, 2011, 04:43:19 pm »

although the texture on her sleeves is pretty low res, notice that?

Remember the way marketting guys think of us gamers.

"They only pay attention to tits and arse."

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 08, 2011, 05:24:45 pm »

Also, hair still looks like crap, and I bet you anything it's still going to be static. Tomb Raider 2 may have had a free-flowing, physics-modelled ponytail fourteen years ago, but nope, Bethsoft are going with a static model again. Quelle surprise.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 08, 2011, 05:40:04 pm »

Well, they sort of have a reason for it, imagine having loads of character on the screen, all with fully animated hair, cloaks and etc. Its sort of taxing on the system, even one like today's consoles.

Anyway I hope they make stealth less like CROUCH BEHIND PEOPLE, BECOME INVISIBUL, and a combat system that doesn't consist of a spammable attack everyone uses + a few different ones that are almost completely negligible.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 08, 2011, 05:40:27 pm »

Also, hair still looks like crap, and I bet you anything it's still going to be static. Tomb Raider 2 may have had a free-flowing, physics-modelled ponytail fourteen years ago, but nope, Bethsoft are going with a static model again. Quelle surprise.
20 some characters with bouncy ponytails on screen vs 1 bouncy ponytail, probably only 1 human

?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 08, 2011, 05:48:23 pm »

Well, they sort of have a reason for it, imagine having loads of character on the screen, all with fully animated hair, cloaks and etc. Its sort of taxing on the system, even one like today's consoles.

There is no such thing as a today's console, the 360 is six years old. Today's computers could handle that kind of load with no trouble at all, but unfortunately Bethsoft are not designing the game for them, they're designing it for the outdated piece of crap that is the suxbox. I lamented the fact that it's going to hold the game back earlier in the thread. Also, Oblivion had every single fork, plate, goblet, and roll of cloth simulated with no trouble. And what do you mean by "loads of characters"? There are rarely more than ten on screen at any given time, the last TES game that had loads of characters was Daggerfall. Given that they're going for realistically animated trees, flowing water, and dynamic snow, I think they could spare the processing power for a ponytail or two.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1405 on: February 08, 2011, 05:55:05 pm »

A greater challenge would be making actors have better ragdolls. That may even be possible...

Wait... how do you know the hair is even static? All that we've seen is a screenshot.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 08, 2011, 05:58:42 pm »

Given that they're going for realistically animated trees, flowing water, and dynamic snow, I think they could spare the processing power for a ponytail or two.

I will bet you 5-1 odds that if better hair movement isn't in the game it will be in the first 50 greater* graphics mods, probably right after "Bobbybobs bouncy breast & booty" but still.

*Not stuff like simple re-skins and such.

A greater challenge would be making actors have better ragdolls. That may even be possible...

Wait... how do you know the hair is even static? All that we've seen is a screenshot.

They already announced that the way the characters moved was going to be alot more physics based, so I think the ragdolling got improved too. (I hope so, no more dead people with seizures.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 08, 2011, 06:02:43 pm »

For that matter, just imagine loads of characters on screen at once in a Bethesda game. Even without any physics it'd run like a nightmare.

Mafia 2 coped pretty well with giving many people free-flowing coats and physically simulating debris, I think.

Why? They're supposed to be using Havok's new dynamic animation thing that should sort of bring it closer to Euphoria. Hell, even indies can make reactive ragdolls.

Indeed. Where is this idea from?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 08, 2011, 06:10:09 pm »

I'm guessing based on how it looks. I swear it's even the same model they had in Oblivion. See how it curves inwards on the left side of her face with her head turned left? Real (or properly simulated) hair wouldn't do that. It's this classic technique of making hair not look completely solid, you fix the top of the hair to the head, you fix the lower end of it in place, and then the middle bit deforms like that when the character turns its head. They also have two women in that screenshot and both have short hair, I think that's pretty telling.

Why? They're supposed to be using Havok's new dynamic animation thing that should sort of bring it closer to Euphoria. Hell, even indies can make reactive ragdolls.

Holy shit, that looks awesome.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 08, 2011, 06:57:07 pm »

Yah, Wolfire's Phoenix engine (I think it's called) is amazing sauce. Very full-featured even in it's current Alpha state and they've built it almost from the ground up (I think they've borrowed some APIs here and there but who hasn't? Even without their Fur stuff done yet for characters they occasionally cross the uncanny valley with the newly added eye movement stuff
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 201