Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266087 times)

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1410 on: February 08, 2011, 07:13:18 pm »

I wish for moveing cloaks... Over the hair :P
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 08, 2011, 07:44:38 pm »

I wish for moveing cloaks... Over the hair :P
VOTE FOR CLOAKS, I WANT MY SWISHING CAPE DAMNIT

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 08, 2011, 07:47:19 pm »

You want swishing capes? I'LL GIVE YOU SWISHING CAPES! *throws a revenge ridden italian man with several weapons....and a cape at you* TAKE HIS CAPE!
I kid, I kid, swishing capes would be nice but would in the end be a gimick that could possibly be added in with mods.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 08, 2011, 09:26:17 pm »

Heh, Neverwinter Nights had swishing capes with mods.

If they already have to do skirts, I'd be surprised if they didn't have swishing capes (unless they make the skirts follow an animation pattern, in which case perhaps we can prescribe Bethesda something to take for their physics-phobia).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 08, 2011, 09:59:01 pm »

Heh, Neverwinter Nights had swishing capes with mods.

If they already have to do skirts, I'd be surprised if they didn't have swishing capes (unless they make the skirts follow an animation pattern, in which case perhaps we can prescribe Bethesda something to take for their physics-phobia).

So did Oblivion. And Morrowind, for that matter, although they didn't swish in that one, so I never used them. The Oblivion ones are animated similarly to the hair animation technique I described earlier, so they at least follow the character's movements.

It's not physics-phobia, it's just laziness. Every single item in Oblivion (except, for some reason, paintbrushes) is modelled using Havok. Now this does absolutely nothing to enhance the gameplay, if anything it makes it worse because after every fight you have to comb the place to find where the @#$% that guy's enchanted sword went. So the only reason for it is that it's eye candy. Now a solid object rolling around is impressive, but naturally flowing cloth and hair is much more impressive still. But it's also harder to do. Based on the fact that Bethsoft shoehorned physics in even at the cost of making the game more annoying, I'm absolutely sure they would've loved to have that. But it was just too hard, so they didn't bother.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 08, 2011, 10:00:07 pm »

I demand detachable limbs and heads! I've been waiting for far too long now..I just wanna harvest the heads from the npcs in all the towns and villages that I wipe off the map..

and my vote goes for animated hair over cloaks, just because it would look better on severed heads.. 
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 08, 2011, 10:01:49 pm »

and my vote goes for animated hair over cloaks

Why is that a choice? You could feasibly use the same techniques for both.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 08, 2011, 10:14:25 pm »

Pretty sure he just said that to drive home the "severed heads" thing.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:39 pm »

I just noticed something in that screenshot. Take a look at the guy sitting on the left. Notice that long leather coat he's wearing. See how to bottom end of it goes upwards way above his leg? That's a static model, that is. No cloth simulation, at least not yet. Still some months left, though. We'll see.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 09, 2011, 01:39:14 am »

Guess what guys more screenshots.
 http://i.imgur.com/FxmfI.jpg
 http://i.imgur.com/GBdfz.jpg
 http://i.imgur.com/Xsdo9.jpg
 http://i.imgur.com/3PpaO.jpg

Caves still look kinda bad, outside looks great. Apparently Oblivion had one dungeon designer, where Skyrim will have 8. I'm lookin' forward to what they make. Randomly generated landscapes are out, all locales are hand-crafted.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1165346-oxm-uk-new-info-screens/
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 09, 2011, 01:45:23 am »

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but this story vaguely goes over some of the new things being implemented in the creation engine.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 09, 2011, 01:58:53 am »

That's not a cave, it looks like a man-made structure to me. Looks okay. Dynamic cloth and hair are completely out, judging by that deer hunter picture. Those stone arches are either humongous, or the dragon is tiny.

Oblivion had some generated landscapes and there is NONE of that anymore used in Skyrim.

FUCK YES.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1422 on: February 09, 2011, 01:59:52 am »

After re-playing some of morrowind, I have to say that the physics are really an improvement, especially in the fallout 3 style where the equipment of an NPC stays connected to them even if it rolls away somewhere... Might be fun if they attached hats the same way.

And for all the bookcases that topple out like dominoes, it just feels wrong to put something down and have it stay there, immobile.

And hey, it's starting to look almost as good as oblivion with a bunch of mods.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 09, 2011, 02:02:09 am »

Skin looks kinda bad on that monster in the second screen, but they always had issues with skin and fur looking like plastic and clay. At least the humans look decent. And irregardless to if that was a manmade structure it still has the Oblivion plastic rocks. Bleugh.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 09, 2011, 02:08:10 am »

Eh, details, details. Unfortunately, still no word on whether or not the world will be seamless. I guess that means no, and welcome back awkward cell transitions.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 201