Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Last Fortress: Community/Succession RPG Game  (Read 12180 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Fortress: Community/Succession RPG Game
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2010, 03:09:35 am »

Also wiki says ambushed creatures don't trigger plates
What???  :o
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2010, 03:51:49 am »

Oh, my bad. Fixed.
It says that if ambush will walk through grinder in stealth mode, plates won't be triggered and they'll be able to move further into the fort.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »

Yeah, won't be able to play this one. Sorry. Hydrall, you're up I guess.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2010, 05:24:11 pm »

=_=

Our OP skipped? Meh, fine, I'll do it.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2010, 06:38:47 pm »

:o So it turns out my wife is the potash maker I made fun of in my first update. Who I thought was male. Erm... How to deal with this...
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

HYDRALL'S JOURNAL: 1st Granite, 255

So I woke up to find that I'm overseer again. Damn, and we barely made it my first try... Well, admittedly we've had it bad SINCE then, too.

The current state of the fortress...

And its residents. Also, their real names.

First thing I did was claim one of the rooms that had been dug out under the fortress. I'm tired of sleeping in the barracks, and I just got married, so I need a private room. Unfortunately, the place is filled with cave plants... I'll have to work on that.

A babbie? From my fellow militia? Oh well, at least she's a marksdwarf and it won't get in the way. Congratulations, PereGarret, you're a dad!

And once again, no migrants. I'm starting to get worried, to be honest. What's going on out in the world?

Some elves arrived, and so did...

… But on the wrong side of the wall, so surely that can't be a problem.

And then, immediately afterwards, another identical one up north!

And a third to the west again! And a fourth to the... East.

What the hidden fun stuff?

They all killed each other. Huh.

Well, I traded with the merchants, bought all their booze and foods... And also, to wit: One Cougar, Two Leopards, One Lion, One Grizzly Bear, One Jaguar, and One Wolf.

So a bunch of cats and a dog. Oh, and a bear, but I'll chain him up somewhere so he doesn't drink all of our booze.

Oh, and a kobold thief ran into a goblin thief and they happily killed each other.

Our miners struck diamond today, on 25th Felsite. Praise be, but not as much as if they'd found the earth's truest bounty.

As summer arrives, I feel like we've done well so far this year. Hopefully it lasts.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2010, 02:48:20 am »

Cool!My son got to be the new dwarven King!

Hey, maybe we should just leave those silt rooms and dig new ones at nice rock? At least we can engrave them and be completely happy. And no worries about plants
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »

Posting for new replies.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2010, 07:17:32 pm »

ENTRY FOR: 4th Malachite, 255

I'm a dad. What a surprise... I didn't think it had, um, been enough time...

Moving on!

I especially like how he's a dubious worshiper of himself. Very zen.

Think we have enough bronze yet? Edzul Mafolmofuz and Asen Musodkol don't seem to think so. Sadly, we're all out of cassiterite, so you'll just have to wait.

The Humans arrived, and we traded- Also, I realized we never actually got around to making a hospital, and got right on it. As much as I dislike Zrk, I'd like dying of infection less.

Then?

Nothing.

Nothing interesting at all for the whole damn rest of the year. A bit of a disappointment, actually. There was a kobold thief, who was torn to pieces by our good new friend Kivishbal the Grizzly Bear (It means Lancertone. Badass name or what?), and a single ambush held off slaughtering itself long enough to be torn apart by the Grinder, and Adil almost got herself stuck in the grinder, but it was all pretty mundane otherwise.

I mean, we're the last Fortress, right? You'd think goblins would be just lining up to fight us, right? But all we get are these puny little ambush parties.

...Sweet Deg and Tustem, I'd never imagine I'd be asking for danger...

We finished up the watchtower just a little while ago, or at least its first fortification level. Everyone went to relax after that, chatting in the meeting hall or in the dorm area.

Today's the first of Granite. Maybe the next guy'll have a more interesting time of things.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3608
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:19:44 pm by Hydrall »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2010, 03:08:11 am »

So, I'm next, right?

Getting save...

2nd Granite, 256
So, I'm the ruler of this forgotten place again. Like I don't have other duties...

Well well well.. let's see where we are now.
Grinder filled with corpses and gobbo stuff
Top cavern entrance is walled off by last cave in.
Obsidianizer still not cleaned.
Magma forges still above volcano. Now it has huge crossroad on it, with forge at center. Imagine what happens if someone stumbles while carrying, say, an iron bar...
Levers at control room with notes patched on them. That's good.
Wall perimeter, in the same condition as I left it.
Military squads need to be reorganized. Women will go to archer squad and do regular training, men will be separated to squads of 3 units and do Intersive Dodging Training (so-called Danger Room)

22nd Hematite
Things are going dull.
Danger room is designed. I put there aluminum armor rack - the most valuable thing that i could made. It looks quite rude, but it's aluminum after all. It worth 400$
For reseting obsidianizer we need to pump water there - pumps are under construction now. Cavein trap reset.
Elves came, unpacked their stuff and waited. But Magnificient Bastard was too busy, so they left now. Bastards. Whatever, who cares about their stuff...

I reorganized squads:
1) The Circular Hatchets Of Searching - axedwarves, Marshal, Private and Edzul - gem cutter
2) The Gloved Kin - archers. All women go here. And Hydrall also, as he's most proficien marksdwarf among us.
3) The Colorless Ink - speardwarves. Asen Musodkol, DwarfyDwarf and Zrk2 are here.
4) The Coincidences of Work - hammerdwarves. Me and Kipi are there.

Archers do their trainig at archery target, while others do at danger room.

16th Galena
More ambushes came and killed each other. I earned a few points on betting. Maybe we should make some coins for that purpose..
Also, I ordered to dig and smooth nice big room for all of us. Mine is already finished, I put there silver cabinets, silver chests, silver door, silver table and chair... I LIKE silver!
Adil now filling her cabinet with her stuff.

19th Galena
Human traders came. Their guards dealt with remains of goblin ambushes, also they discovered and took out a snatcher.
I hope this time Bastard will have spare time to trade!

OOC: Huh. I'm digging out obsidianizer, and founs this.

I's Halloween costume!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:10:25 pm by peregarrett »

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2010, 11:43:32 am »

I'm in an all female squad?

Awwww yeahhhhh.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »

I'm in an all female squad?

Awwww yeahhhhh.
Yep. With your wife :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:11:41 pm by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2010, 03:46:43 am »

Interlude:
Hydrall had mixed feeling today.
He was appointed to archer squad commander, that was nice. All his people was women, that sounded just great! He imagined his sweet life in the circle of cute girls obeying his orders... Especially when he looked though uniform design of his squad - help, boots, gauntlets, and  chain mail with chain leggings over naked body.
Spoiler: like this (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  or even this! (click to show/hide)
That would be a paradise! Except for two things. First, he got to wear that too. Second, his wife is also in this squad. And she always kept her eye on him, so when he stared on them too much, it immediately were followed by quite serious strike in his head dealt by her wooden crossbow...
He sighed and turned back to his archery target. Today he had too low score, who could concentrate on that dull target while such pretty girls are next to him? Shit, missed again!

When leaving training room, he noticed that someone put a sheet on the door. It was approved changes in uniform, well, let's see...
Trousers - okay, chain leggings ain't too comfortable for wearing over naked body... and it will hide his "lil'dwarf wakin'up", you know... it just happens sometimes, especially in such surroundings.
Socks - okay too.
Cloak - seems okay also... Sometimes it rains here.
Dress.. WHAT?!?  I'm supposed to wear DRESS?!?  >:(

15th Timber
Ambushes again, and again they are killing each other. Maybe it's sulfur smell that drives them mad?
Wow. this time they take out their human leaders and run for more loot. Seem like they are heading towards grinder... We got prepared.

26th Moonstone
A squad of goblin pikeners revealed thenselves by killing fobold thief. But now they are hiding again. I put stone traps just at the grinder entrance, and placed a watch point above it. There is a horse foal chained there, I hope it helps to notice invaders.
Good news - I became dad again, this time it's girl.

Seems like we're living on, right?

14th Obsidian
So does Hydrall.

Just a few years and we'll get new adult citizens.

Spring has arrived!
Well, a few last notes.
Danger room is working fine.
Obsidianizer is almost done - when any of our miners take their pick and dig those last channels - it will be completed
But, seems like we don't have enough armor. I ordered to make several suits and shields, but it's far from finish
Also, we need common dreses. Like robes, trousers, socks and so on. Put clothire shop somewhere and make them

I was thinkng about getting those supplies from slaughtered caravan. we could dig a passage there, take everything and then patch it forever...

save here
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3621
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:09:07 am by peregarrett »

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2010, 09:56:30 am »

Curses! Foiled again! >:(

I'll get these girls dressed like that if it's the last thing I... Sorry dear.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:47 pm »

Curses! Foiled again! >:(

I'll get these girls dressed like that if it's the last thing I... Sorry dear.
Em.. You probably should see their descriptions first. I'm pretty much sure that Demetra looks like this according to her profile:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8