Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1977586 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18675 on: May 10, 2018, 11:41:57 am »

Similar-but-different personal example: a childhood friend was walking behind me in my P2 class, snipping his scissors as he went. The teacher asked a question, so I put my hand, finger extended, up. It, of course, was right in the path of the passing scissors of doom. Had to go to hospital and get stitches.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18676 on: May 10, 2018, 12:15:36 pm »

Similar-but-different personal example: a childhood friend was walking behind me in my P2 class, snipping his scissors as he went. The teacher asked a question, so I put my hand, finger extended, up. It, of course, was right in the path of the passing scissors of doom. Had to go to hospital and get stitches.
Snitches get stitches
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18677 on: May 10, 2018, 12:44:47 pm »

I knew I shouldn't have said who ate the last cookie.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18678 on: May 10, 2018, 02:58:54 pm »

Reminds me of this one dude who managed to lodge a penny in his brother's face when they were kids
Penny for your thoughts, motherfucker

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18679 on: May 10, 2018, 04:52:02 pm »

Watched a clip I regret watching.

Basically, drunk darts, woman challenging boyfriend to throw darts at a target above her head, she gets nailed in the eyeball.

No amount of brainbleach is getting that one out of my head, but adorable pictures would be appreciated nonetheless. At the very least, I may be able to stop cringing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYQOVP2t2Fk

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18680 on: May 10, 2018, 07:46:35 pm »

-snip-
It is almost 24 hours since I posted this, having now finally completed by dissertation - needing only to finish the bibliography and citations. It seems so long ago, and fortunately I had plenty of time to rest, with only one more sleep-addled mirage of the mind, when my eyes lost focus and I imagined I saw the words on my screen form the biohazard symbol. No rest until it is submitted tho

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18681 on: May 11, 2018, 07:22:20 am »

10-12k?

I got my history one handed in last Friday. Such a relief. Mine was on the political motivations for changing computus in early medieval Ireland and Northumbria. I wasn't really familiar with the topic when I started. Boy am I now.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18682 on: May 11, 2018, 08:24:38 am »

laughs nervously in monograph.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18683 on: May 11, 2018, 08:28:57 am »

yeh 10k
Also Lovecraft is luvly. Wotta ledge

Some time ago, impressed by my entire uselessness in the world, I resolved to attempt enlistment despite my almost invalid condition. I argued that if I chose a regiment soon to depart for France; my sheer nervous force, which is not inconsiderable, might sustain me till a bullet or pice of shrapnel could more conclusively & effectively dispose of me. Accordingly I presented myself at the recruiting station of the R.I. National Guard & applied for entry into which-ever unit should first proceed to the front. On account of my lack of  technical or special raining, I was told that I could not enter the Field Artillery, which leaves first; but was given a blank of application for the Coast Artillery, which will go after a short preliminary period of defence service at one of the forts of Narraansett Bay. The quesions asked me were childishly inadequate, & so far as physical requirements are concerned, would have admitted a chronic invalid. [...] As you may have deduced, I embarked upon this desperate venture without informing my moher; & as you may also have deduced, the sensation created at home was far from slight. In fac, my mother was almost prosrated with the news, since she knew that only by rare chance could a weakling like myself survive the rigorous routine of camp life. Her activities soon brought my military career to a close for the present. It required but a few words from our family phsician regarding my nervous condition to annul the enlistment, though the army surgeon declared that such an annulment was highly unusual & almost against the regulaions of the service... M final status is that of a man 'rejected for physical disability.'
tfw your Mum says you can't suicide by Great War so she tries to embarass you to death instead
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:30:35 am by Loud Whispers »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18684 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:23 pm »

Have to have my wisdom teeth removed in two days.  I probably should have had it done 15 years ago, but they never bothered me, and only after visiting the dentist in almost that long did she insist they had to come out.  I guess she saw $$$ or something.

More seriously, they do have some decay, and since everything is about money, it's cheaper to pull them than fix them.  So pulling it is.

I can't decide if it's better that I won't have general anesthesia for this.  On one hand, I actually know of someone who died from anesthesia during this very procedure, but on the other I wouldn't mind not being awake for it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18685 on: May 15, 2018, 08:54:20 pm »

Have to have my wisdom teeth removed in two days.  I probably should have had it done 15 years ago, but they never bothered me, and only after visiting the dentist in almost that long did she insist they had to come out.  I guess she saw $$$ or something.

More seriously, they do have some decay, and since everything is about money, it's cheaper to pull them than fix them.  So pulling it is.

I can't decide if it's better that I won't have general anesthesia for this.  On one hand, I actually know of someone who died from anesthesia during this very procedure, but on the other I wouldn't mind not being awake for it.
I don't recall if I had local or general anesthesia for my wisdom teeth removal, but I remember nothing of the process, and I think it was local anaesthesia.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18686 on: May 16, 2018, 12:28:13 am »

I've only removed one wisdom tooth (the one that was growing horizontally towards my other teeth), but I used local anaesthetic of some kind if I remember it right. The method the dentist used to remove it was that he drilled the tooth into tiny pieces then removed those, I think.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18687 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:16 am »

I had all four removed under general anesthesia. It's the way to go mate. Also when they're sideways it's called impacted IIRC.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18688 on: May 16, 2018, 06:44:30 am »

I call them "tusksy"
Love, scriver~

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18689 on: May 16, 2018, 08:14:42 am »

I've only removed one wisdom tooth (the one that was growing horizontally towards my other teeth), but I used local anaesthetic of some kind if I remember it right. The method the dentist used to remove it was that he drilled the tooth into tiny pieces then removed those, I think.

I was wondering if they did it something like this.  I couldn't imagine the dentist just trying to manhandle the teeth out with cartoonishly large pliers.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1420