Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1962391 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16425 on: July 02, 2016, 02:06:33 am »

*hugs Rolan7*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16426 on: July 02, 2016, 02:39:36 am »

Aheh, thanks.
It's good though.  When I doubt myself, I look at the scar on my right hand knuckles and push on.
It could definitely be worse, that's my motto~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16427 on: July 05, 2016, 03:16:23 am »

About halfway through today my brother apologised for being a little angrier than usual today because he said he hadn't got much sleep. He said that he hadn't slept much because last night he thought he could hear someone walking around outside his bedroom on the gravel of our driveway. I didn't put much weight in this because it was stormy last night and the shed that sits outside his room has doors that tend to bang loudly in even a little wind and it often sounds kind of like someone is walking around. But then Mum told us that the back window of Dad's ute had been smashed last night. And I've just started reading reddit nosleep stories. I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16428 on: July 06, 2016, 01:59:53 am »

Our GM didn't know I was mostly gay.
We've been playing for about 4 years now and I thought I dropped tons of hints, but...
I mean, the guy I had a crush on recently, played a pretty gay character who openly flirted with my definitely gay character.

Anyway it turned out fine, I was just a bit worried.

It's always a surprisingly big deal when the person is someone I actually know in person.
Even if I've been openly gay on this forum for years now.  What, do they not spy on my every post?
I mean, they shouldn't
hopefully
):

oh also I was pretty drunk, but at least it was a voice chat this time.

Edit:  Also when I came out it was super casual, we were already talking about newage "feminism" shit and I was just like "as a x I" and he was like "Wait so you actually" and I was like "yeah and x is fucked up" "huh I didn't know!" "Well yeah I thought it was obvious but cool that it wasn't"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:02:23 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16429 on: July 06, 2016, 11:43:21 am »

Kinda on Rolan's note, decided it was time to come out to the family, starting with my siblings and sibs-in-law. We've got a big family, and fundamentalism, bigotry, and traditional mindsets are prevalent on both sides. I don't think most of my parents' or grandparents' generations will understand or accept me as Trans, but we're not close enough for that loss to be too painful. I love them, and I see them often enough, but if I'm being honest I wrote off most of them a long time ago, when I left the church.

What I'm scared of is losing the friendship of the ones I feel comfortable with, respect, and care about... my brother and sister, their partners, and my closest cousin in particular. Through all the shit we had to cope with and survive while growing up, my sibs and I had each other to lean on, and I love my sibs-in-law like blood relatives. I don't want to lose that or their respect so badly that it's almost enough to just say to hell with everything, and just go on pretending I'm Cis.

I hate this.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:45:01 am by Solifuge »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16430 on: July 06, 2016, 05:31:26 pm »

If you need to shoot murder crabs at someone for a while I'm here for you, soli. I don't really know what to say. I hope they'll understand.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16431 on: July 06, 2016, 08:42:17 pm »

If they don't, they probably weren't really friends/family-worth-claiming before regardless :-\

It may be something they come into slowly, too. That does happen sometimes... an initial pretty harsh reaction, but once things have cooled and they think instead of feel a bit more, there's a realization that, y'know, they're still the same person in just about every way that really matters, and so forth and so on, and then things slide back into a better position.

Though... yeah, judging by the description it'd maybe be worth it to consider just coming out those closer to you, at least initially. Friends and loved ones may deserve the full truth, but bigots incidentally related by blood are probably perfectly acceptable things to lie to forevermore.

... regardless, best of luck gasbug. May you not need it and have it anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16432 on: July 06, 2016, 08:51:10 pm »

Though... yeah, judging by the description it'd maybe be worth it to consider just coming out those closer to you, at least initially. Friends and loved ones may deserve the full truth, but bigots incidentally related by blood are probably perfectly acceptable things to lie to forevermore.
Incidentally related by blood? What is family?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16433 on: July 06, 2016, 09:48:46 pm »

*hugs Solifuge*
Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16434 on: July 06, 2016, 10:02:25 pm »

Family is people who value the blood ties above petty differences
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16435 on: July 07, 2016, 06:21:57 am »

Family is people who value the blood ties above petty differences
Quite good def right there

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16436 on: July 07, 2016, 07:56:20 am »

Family is collateral   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16437 on: July 08, 2016, 12:14:03 am »

Updoot: 2 down, and it went better than expected... even if my brother changed the subject to Programming twice, and my sister now won't stop sharing links to anything even tangentially related to gender stuff. Could definitely be worse! 9_9;

I might say family are people who take care of and are taken care of by you, but that's not a perfect definition. I like OW's def. too, though I'd remove "blood"; I've got no blood relation with half my family, but they're absolutely still my family, and I do what I can to not let our ideological differences get in the way of that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16438 on: July 08, 2016, 01:16:50 am »

*thumbs-ups at Solifuge*
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16439 on: July 08, 2016, 01:23:29 am »

Blood is bond, whether born or bred.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 1420