Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964671 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12150 on: March 10, 2015, 07:26:53 am »

Are you physically active? Because

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/09/exercise-seems-to-be-beneficial-to-children/380844/

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adult-adhd-and-exercise

If you're not getting much excercise that seems to be a big deal with this sort of thing. I'd go that route before trying meds.

To be fair I am kind of a slacker when it comes to exercise...But I really hate it (I know that it is healthy, not denying that, but still...) and always have...
I mean in the winter at least I had doing work in our basement going for me...and I do like to run every now and again (mostly when I'm late to school or for a bus)...
But I seriously can't bring myself to do exercise just for the sake of it. :/
I do weights and stuff while watching anime. That works for me. Doing exercise without some distraction would suck.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: March 10, 2015, 11:19:35 am »

Apple Watch price. It`s terrifying when you realize it`s one of the marks of the decline of our civilization - but also funny in a gallows humour kinda of way.
"Oh nooooo they're selling something for an exorbitant price it's the end of civilization as we know it oh noooooooooo"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:20 am »

Apple Watch price. It`s terrifying when you realize it`s one of the marks of the decline of our civilization - but also funny in a gallows humour kinda of way.
"Oh nooooo they're selling something for an exorbitant price it's the end of civilization as we know it oh noooooooooo"
Truly, it is the end of days.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: March 10, 2015, 01:03:46 pm »

Both me and my mom suspect that I have ADHD-PI (or ADD, if you will).
Reading up info online about it (the symptoms in particular) doesn't make me feel any better about the idea that I don't have it.
Just a check, but have you always been one of the smarter, quicker kids while you grew up? High intelligence people tend to emulate a lot of symptoms of ADHD/ADD for totally different reasons than having it (to the point I've known people who were diagnosed with it, but later discovered they were just in the "really smart" category).

Of course it's also totally possible you do have it as well, I just thought I'd throw it out since it does tend to be one of the more highly misdiagnosed psychological things.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12154 on: March 10, 2015, 01:37:21 pm »

I'm pretty certain the decadent materialism of the West that was a sign of its crumbling has been going on for a rather long time.

Granted, it does make humanity all the worse, but Rome wasn't demolished in a day.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: March 10, 2015, 01:53:00 pm »

I'm pretty certain the decadent materialism of the West that was a sign of its crumbling has been going on for a rather long time.

Granted, it does make humanity all the worse, but Rome wasn't demolished in a day.
I actually don't see too much of a problem with their price. They're basically taking an iPhone and making it smaller (which gives us a lower cost bound at the upper iPhone cost range of ~$350) and then mixing it with the ability of watches to get more and more expensive as an upper bound. I mean it's not uncommon to see normal old watches with price tags in the thousands or even higher (there's swiss watches out there that cost over $100,000 pretty regularly). Put the two together and you get a price range from about $350 - $XX thousand dollars, which is basically the range that they announced.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: March 10, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »

That's just what the governmwnt wants you to think. The truth is that the barbarians destroyed all of the Roman Empire in less than 4 hours, made possible by a dangerous combination of super steroids (harvested from aliens) and mind control powder (harvested from Elvis Presley), sent back in time via a portal the NSA created by crashing planes (filled with dragon eggs donated by the KGB) into the World Trade Center.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12157 on: March 10, 2015, 02:10:37 pm »

I remember back one day in primary school I wrote a paper proving that Rome, in fact, was destroyed due to serious lack of Duty-free shops.

Ah, those were the days.

edit: as for terrified, just found something
BBC, Day in pictures: 10 March 2015

4th image.

Archaeologists have begun excavating up to 3,000 skeletons from a burial ground under London's Liverpool Street station. The Bedlam site was used from 1569 to at least 1738 and includes bodies belonging to victims of the Black Death.

SCIECNE PLZ
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:46:28 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:46 pm »

Why is that frightening? I mean, that's some crappy history to have been a part of, but you're not a part of it. What's frightening about archaeology?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: March 10, 2015, 05:34:34 pm »

Because they died tragic deaths. That means the ghosties are going to come back and be a nuisance to people trying to get the train.
Woooooo~
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: March 10, 2015, 05:57:25 pm »

This is London, where an especially smelly year is part of the historical record. Excavating some bodies is nothing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12162 on: March 10, 2015, 07:05:48 pm »

Contrary to popular belief, the Black Death will not kill you. It is too dead for that.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: March 10, 2015, 08:05:09 pm »

I remember back one day in primary school I wrote a paper proving that Rome, in fact, was destroyed due to serious lack of Duty-free shops.

Ah, those were the days.

edit: as for terrified, just found something
BBC, Day in pictures: 10 March 2015

4th image.

Archaeologists have begun excavating up to 3,000 skeletons from a burial ground under London's Liverpool Street station. The Bedlam site was used from 1569 to at least 1738 and includes bodies belonging to victims of the Black Death.

SCIECNE PLZ
The next image cancels out the terrifying though.

Spoiler: Whosaspeedyboy? (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: March 10, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »

Of course, but I don`t suppose this is the place for a serious dissection of that angle - my offhand remark was caused by stumbling upon this thread while some "senior correspondent" at CNN was bleating on how she thinks she might be "missing out" on super important stuff - what with her phone stashed away in her handbag - and how this gadget is a "game changer".

While we`re at Rome, sure, it took some time for it to crumble, as is the case with our version. And obviously, anybody with passing interest in world affairs, who didn`t get the message in 2008 is gonna pretend that everything is still hunky-dory today, wisecracking away (hi Descan! ;) and generally having a ball. Just like their counterparts in Rome when it was burning under Nero.

Others might reflect on the opening of Four Horsemen and how it all neatly follows the pattern (Kim Kartrashian`s ass being another harbinger ;) 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:44:11 pm by Beggars` Sect »
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1420