Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964465 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12135 on: March 09, 2015, 08:12:04 pm »

goddammit people stop talking about-

oh

never mind

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: March 09, 2015, 10:07:54 pm »

Maybe that'll be what finally brings down the skeleton army, when they invade. It'd be kind of like War of the Worlds, but slower.
Or alternatively the army turns into sharp, spiny death machines.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:08 pm »

Stressing over finding housing for the next year of college. It's either hope that someone cancels their on campus dorm reservation and I get it instead, and have to live in whatever I get stuck with and live with whoever I get stuck with as a roommate, or get off-campus housing, which is an option but kinda costly, or....I don't know. I could get a lease with this one place that seems like what I'd be looking for, but unless I get a part time job to help pay for it I'd wind up burning through half of my savings in one year on rent alone. And there's no guarantee I could find a job. Or get a job that pays well. Or get a job that isn't mind-numblingly miserable. But it's either that or use up half my savings for one year of college instead of a quarter of my savings for one year of college.

I do not like how life is full of uncertainties.

Also this whole ordeal is making college seem way not worth the hassle. Discouraging to think I have at least 3 more years of this.
Where is it? Some particularly expensive areas might be different, but as a general rule on-campus housing is actually a fair bit more expensive. The main thing is that it gets bundled as part of your tuition, and it looks cheaper since you get billed per semester instead of per year (there is some wiggle room if you're not staying over the summer, but usually it's not a huge difference even then).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: March 09, 2015, 10:21:57 pm »

Played Dead Space 2, and wow that game is surprisingly atmospheric. It perfected the art from Aliens of "lull them into a false sense of security with a jump scare then OH JESUS FUCK." The only two complaints I have so far is that dudebro Isaac totally ruins my image of him I built from Dead Space 1 (I imagined him as properly startled at first, but over time slowly growing more insane as he removes the limbs from literally every dead body he sees, calling it "making them useless" or something similiar), and that the EA suits totally broke my immersion, considering I can get a buffed EarthGov suit straight off the bat for free.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: March 09, 2015, 10:25:56 pm »

-snip-
Where is it? Some particularly expensive areas might be different, but as a general rule on-campus housing is actually a fair bit more expensive. The main thing is that it gets bundled as part of your tuition, and it looks cheaper since you get billed per semester instead of per year (there is some wiggle room if you're not staying over the summer, but usually it's not a huge difference even then).
In this case on campus housing is actually cheaper. 2500 a semester for two semesters, but in a room with 3 people total. $5000 total. As compared to an efficiency single bedroom+bathroom apartment at $800 a month for twelve months, plus monthly water and electricity bills. 9600 a year plus water, electricity, and any food I might get. It's about the same distance from campus as my current dorm. It has the benefits of just being me and no roommates, and good parking and furniture and kitchen and everything, buuuuuut it's expensive, and I probably wouldn't use it during the summer but still have to pay for it.

Not that it matters for this year, I worked out a deal with my older brother. I can stay at his summer house, 30 minute drive away from campus for a semester or two. Just have to pitch in for water and electricity. So that's great, I'm less stressed about that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: March 09, 2015, 10:32:12 pm »

GO I want you to know that me and my need for sleep hate you very, very much right now.

D:

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: March 09, 2015, 10:39:26 pm »

GO I want you to know that me and my need for sleep hate you very, very much right now.

D:
Don't go to sleep, the cancer might catch you.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: March 09, 2015, 11:41:05 pm »

I think I may have lost my wallet.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12143 on: March 09, 2015, 11:53:39 pm »

Cancel any credit cards you had in it. Pretty much all you can do in that situation.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: March 10, 2015, 12:00:21 am »

Cancel any credit cards you had in it. Pretty much all you can do in that situation.
Confirm that it's lost, and cancel any cards that were in it. If you find it you can get a card later. If someone buys something with your cards, it's gonna be a lot harder to get the money back.
Yeah, I have a habit of starting to panic as soon as I think something's lost. I wasn't about to start cancelling things 'til I was sure I'd checked everywhere. Turns out it was just stuck on/in the back of my chair. Phew. Now that my debit card is found, time to figure out what to spend my last $5 on...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:36 am »

Pardon the sop, but...

I'm a very stupid moth gazing into a very pretty fire and there's no way it could or should work but just knowing burns enough by itself without even daring the flame.

Interpersonal wherewithal is so damn painful. "Just get some gumption and try it," one friend said long ago, "the worst that happens is she says no," but to ask is to follow that no with an unknowably long span of social discomfort and the upheaval of whatever friendship might exist. It's a wee bit more than just a "no."

How do people get out of their heads enough to get past all this thinking, all this hurting? Why can't I heed my own advice when I think about anything?
In my experience they either don't think about it or deliberately make themselves temporarily forget.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: March 10, 2015, 06:35:57 am »

Both me and my mom suspect that I have ADHD-PI (or ADD, if you will).
Reading up info online about it (the symptoms in particular) doesn't make me feel any better about the idea that I don't have it.

I will get checked of course (when I'm not sick and can go outside again), but until then, I'm going to go with the idea that I do (sadly) have it (which will make me feel more relieved if it turns out to be something else OR it won't be as much of a shock to me when I learn that I am stuck with it.).
I know it's probably bad to jump to conclusions like that, but really, I just don't see how it couldn't be it.

...At least now you know why I've probably abandoned so many forum games (as a GM or a player) (or other projects) or indeed never started them. :/

(okay, it's been 2 days since then, but still)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: March 10, 2015, 07:02:16 am »

Are you physically active? Because

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/09/exercise-seems-to-be-beneficial-to-children/380844/

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adult-adhd-and-exercise

If you're not getting much excercise that seems to be a big deal with this sort of thing. I'd go that route before trying meds.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:39 am »

Are you physically active? Because

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/09/exercise-seems-to-be-beneficial-to-children/380844/

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adult-adhd-and-exercise

If you're not getting much excercise that seems to be a big deal with this sort of thing. I'd go that route before trying meds.

To be fair I am kind of a slacker when it comes to exercise...But I really hate it (I know that it is healthy, not denying that, but still...) and always have...
I mean in the winter at least I had doing work in our basement going for me...and I do like to run every now and again (mostly when I'm late to school or for a bus)...
But I seriously can't bring myself to do exercise just for the sake of it. :/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:11:06 am by DarkDXZ »

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: March 10, 2015, 07:23:21 am »

Apple Watch price. It`s terrifying when you realize it`s one of the marks of the decline of our civilization - but also funny in a gallows humour kinda of way.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1420