Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968009 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #10830 on: December 04, 2014, 04:04:37 pm »

My issue is that I have...One could say an active imagination. Show me one scary thing, it'll haunt me for god knows how long. From a couple of days to literally years. I'd rather just...Not deal with it, you know?

^This. I'm really bad at anything horror. And tend to invent wildly inaccurate worst-case-scenario theories for why I haven't seen someone in a week.

That said, the scariest game for me, IMO is C:DDA.

Think about it. You're in your base. Sleeping. And there is literally nothing to protect you from a zombie hulk smashing through that wall and killing you in your sleep. Its the general feeling[Especially near the beginning] of helplessness that gets me. I've done everything I can. But I could still get OHKed by the thing hiding behind that door. Plus, its a decently fun game on top of that, which makes you want to play it. If FN@F freaks me out, I'll just stop playing, because the scare factor is its only recommendation. But if a game that is fun in other ways creeps me the fuck out, I'll keep playing anyways.

EDIT: Come to think about it, its the consequences of dying in C:DDA that gets me. Die in FN@F, you can just start over or reload. Roguelikes aren't like that. Horror roguelikes... Those should be more of a thing.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: December 04, 2014, 04:11:37 pm »

When I first watched that Harry Potter movie with the giant snake, I couldn't sleep for days.

I made the mistake of telling my mom this, and she threw away all of the HP movies because of it. Pretty sure they were my sister's :/

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: December 04, 2014, 05:04:03 pm »

So we got a new Grandfather clock, right? Lovely little thing, very nice.

And then I heard the chime. It's...Well, you know in Five Nights at Fuckbears 2? That puppet? Yeah.

It's the music box song.
i'mneversleepingagain

Ah, but it should play "My Grandfather's Clock"

It's only logical.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10833 on: December 04, 2014, 05:37:19 pm »

My top scariest games are World of Goo and The Sims 2.

No kidding.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: December 04, 2014, 06:48:45 pm »

My top scariest games are World of Goo and The Sims 2.

No kidding.
h-how

HOW

HOW IS THE SIMS 2 FRIGHTENING
besides the soulless eyes
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: December 04, 2014, 06:53:22 pm »

The Sims is worse then Five Night's At Freddy's. At least in that you aren't subject to the whims of a schizophrenic god bent on killing your entire family again, and again, and again, all in the lovely pastels of suburbia. DOOMED TO WATCH YOUR CHILDREN, HELPLESS IN THE LADDERLESS SWIMMING POOL! DOOMED TO WATCH YOUR SPOUSE SURROUND THE FIREPLACE WITH WOODEN CHAIRS AND THEN LIGHT A FIRE, ALL WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO RESIST! DOOMED TO BECOME A SHELL, A HUSK, TRAPPED INSIDE A DOORLESS, WINDOWLESS HOUSE THAT WAS ONCE YOUR HOME. WITHOUT HOPE. WITHOUT FREEDOM TO EVEN IMAGINE ANOTHER WORLD WHERE YOUR WHITE PICKET FENCE UTOPIA WAS NOT CORRUPTED BY THE MADNESS OF THE UNSEEN GOD THAT HOVERS ABOVE YOUR HEAD
you can hear them outside, the mailman and the visitors
they cannot hear you scream
rescue will never come, unless you count the welcome relief from the scythe of the grim reaper
you are alone

Also, all those expansion packs. Give us a break, EA.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:55:34 pm by Fniff »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: December 04, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »

My issue is that I have...One could say an active imagination. Show me one scary thing, it'll haunt me for god knows how long. From a couple of days to literally years. I'd rather just...Not deal with it, you know?

^This. I'm really bad at anything horror. And tend to invent wildly inaccurate worst-case-scenario theories for why I haven't seen someone in a week.

That said, the scariest game for me, IMO is C:DDA.

Think about it. You're in your base. Sleeping. And there is literally nothing to protect you from a zombie hulk smashing through that wall and killing you in your sleep. Its the general feeling[Especially near the beginning] of helplessness that gets me. I've done everything I can. But I could still get OHKed by the thing hiding behind that door. Plus, its a decently fun game on top of that, which makes you want to play it. If FN@F freaks me out, I'll just stop playing, because the scare factor is its only recommendation. But if a game that is fun in other ways creeps me the fuck out, I'll keep playing anyways.

EDIT: Come to think about it, its the consequences of dying in C:DDA that gets me. Die in FN@F, you can just start over or reload. Roguelikes aren't like that. Horror roguelikes... Those should be more of a thing.

I'm like this too. There's some things that are generally held to be pretty scary that I shrug off pretty quickly (I finished Outlast in one sitting.) On the other hand, I first read SCP-106 when it was new and it's pretty much what my brain defaults to when it needs something to be afraid of, and it still disturbs me on a very fundamental level.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:04:29 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: December 04, 2014, 08:02:37 pm »

Must... resist...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: December 04, 2014, 09:09:04 pm »

Must... resist...

Spoiler: spoopy (click to show/hide)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: December 04, 2014, 10:25:41 pm »

i am infinitely paranoid now

you're a bunch of WANKERS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: December 04, 2014, 10:35:11 pm »

The Sims is worse then Five Night's At Freddy's.
Have...have you been reading my LP? It's not that spoopy. Yet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:48 pm »

i am infinitely paranoid now

you're a bunch of WANKERS
Stage 1 complete.
Now for stage two...
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: December 04, 2014, 10:39:08 pm »

Must... resist...

Spoiler: spoopy (click to show/hide)
That picture.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: December 04, 2014, 10:53:27 pm »

I spent about twelve hours (with breaks) dealing with a mentally unstable girl on Facebook.  It's over now and I managed to diplomatically rebuff her, but things were a little disturbing for quite a while.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: December 04, 2014, 11:01:58 pm »

The Sims is worse then Five Night's At Freddy's.
Have...have you been reading my LP? It's not that spoopy. Yet.
Yep, and your sims are having a lovely time. Comparatively.
... I have done some nasty shit in the Sims.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1420