Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965833 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7365 on: May 31, 2014, 07:16:26 pm »

I feel bad, because the only thing I could think of was 'Well, Hans, if you're being paranoid, THAT'S a mental disorder'

Not in itself, at least not in the way paranoia is used in common parlance.

@Hans:

Remember that mental disorders are just an umbrella term. A history of one disorder may in fact exclude another, simply because they have opposing reasons for existing.

Plus, with your drug use and ongoing stress, it's possible that some of the symptoms are temporary, a result of either your brain neurochemistry being knocked off-balance or whiplash from it readjusting.

Also, unfortunately, mental disorder diagnostics is a terrible thing. It's actually kept as wide as possible, for the simple purpose of being able to diagnose and therefore treat anyone who comes to the doctor with a problem, apparently.

Yet still, a mental disorder is just a facet of something normal that just happens to be over-expressed for physical or psychological reasons. For example, I actually used to be what would be called paranoid, actually just hypervigilant - irrationally obsessing over people's potential ill intentions towards me, all that jazz, but then... it stopped.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:44 pm »

I meant it as if Hans was saying in the proper sense. Namely, the belief that everything and everyone (never understood that phrase. Everything includes everyone) is out to get you in varying ways.

BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY AREN'T ?!?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: May 31, 2014, 09:40:35 pm »

I was scrolling up the page, and for a split second, the thing flashed.
It was unsettling.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: June 01, 2014, 12:22:17 am »

I feel bad, because the only thing I could think of was 'Well, Hans, if you're being paranoid, THAT'S a mental disorder'

Not in itself, at least not in the way paranoia is used in common parlance.

@Hans:

Remember that mental disorders are just an umbrella term. A history of one disorder may in fact exclude another, simply because they have opposing reasons for existing.

Plus, with your drug use and ongoing stress, it's possible that some of the symptoms are temporary, a result of either your brain neurochemistry being knocked off-balance or whiplash from it readjusting.

Also, unfortunately, mental disorder diagnostics is a terrible thing. It's actually kept as wide as possible, for the simple purpose of being able to diagnose and therefore treat anyone who comes to the doctor with a problem, apparently.

Yet still, a mental disorder is just a facet of something normal that just happens to be over-expressed for physical or psychological reasons. For example, I actually used to be what would be called paranoid, actually just hypervigilant - irrationally obsessing over people's potential ill intentions towards me, all that jazz, but then... it stopped.

I know it's all sort of fuzzy when it comes to mental disorders. Addiction is technically a mental disorder too, so you know. I shouldn't be stressing over it. I think part of it is that I don't really speak to anyone, and that's something I should start doing. I spoke to my sister today and she didn't even really offer me any help or advice, but it was nice to just talk about some of the shit going on.

Also, saw a commercial for a movie called V/H/S today and it freaked me right the fuck out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: June 01, 2014, 12:37:23 am »

It was unsettling.

FTFY bro.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: June 01, 2014, 03:28:05 am »

Just now, preparing my food in the kitchen with my back to the window when suddenly... "Jaaaaaaaaack!"
I jumped and turned around, then got another scare seeing a face at the window.
It was my friend, returning from where he went at 1am. He apologized profusely for scaring the shit out of me and explained that he just really needed to use the bathroom.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: June 01, 2014, 07:01:28 am »

It was unsettling.

FTFY bro.

Seriosly, I'm pretty damn impressed.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: June 01, 2014, 08:33:03 pm »

You know those emergency broadcasts that interrupt TV and radio to deliver important messages (or just as a test)?

Well, today I learned that some folks on YouTube make their own, based on fictitious events. Sorta like those old radio dramas (ie: War of the Worlds), there's usually multiple "broadcasts" and they tell a developing story as it happens. As with everything YouTube, the quality ranges from laughably bad to hide-under-the-blankets tense and scary. Guess which ones I keep watching :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: June 01, 2014, 09:08:44 pm »

... Laughably bad, right? :D Ed Wood, eat your heart out~

Except don't because that's unsanitary.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: June 01, 2014, 09:10:28 pm »

* Sirus looks at thread title
...sure, let's go with that :/

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: June 01, 2014, 09:11:41 pm »

Well, you could be terrified that anyone could produce such shit and be part of the same species as da Vinci and Tesla.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: June 01, 2014, 09:21:24 pm »

Well, you could be terrified that anyone could produce such shit and be part of the same species as da Vinci and Tesla.
Oh no, even the worst of them are still better than some of the REALLY BAD shit on the Internet.

Channel names?
This sounds like Marble Hornets, and as I said before, I really love that series.
Try:
The EAS Experience
shelter345
There are probably more, but those are the two I've focused on the most. EAS Experience has a chilling 15-minute video detailing an imminent nuclear attack but most of them are shorter, while shelter345 has more long videos. The "Astronomical Event" is probably my favorite.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:23 am »

I had a moment right now (2:30 AM (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) where I convinced myself that exams were actually this week and that I might have missed one today. Turns out that exams are a week later than I thought and I've been stressed this past week for nothing.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: June 03, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »

Well, going back home

IN GIANT PRESSURIZED TUBE THAT SHOT OVER THE OCEAN.

FOR 15 HOURS
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: June 03, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »

In the midst of medical bills, forgot to pay my car insuranse. Turned out not to be a big deal, because the cutoff date isn't until the 14th, but scared me for a minute.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1420