Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967679 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7215 on: May 14, 2014, 04:25:43 pm »

So it's been several hours since I mentioned it, and after a sleep too. My left eyelid still wont open no matter what I try. The only way it opens is if I move it with my fingers, and then it shuts as soon as I let go.

Are the little muscles or whatever that move it dead or stressed or something?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: May 14, 2014, 04:29:23 pm »

That's a question for a medical professional, not an internet forum, honestly. I'd concede that it's possible your hypothesis is correct, just because I don't have specific information saying otherwise, though. And if it's correct, you should probably talk to a medical professional.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: May 14, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »

I'm gonna. Just kinda wanna get my concern out so I can get it a bit off my mind as I wait the 30 minutes for my doctor to get back in the office. Already tried calling and got a machine.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7218 on: May 14, 2014, 04:48:21 pm »

You have started everything, you are the prophet of the Pyramid.

ALL HAIL LOUD WHISPERS.
MY WILL SHALL BE ABSOLUTE

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: May 15, 2014, 08:51:41 am »

You have started everything, you are the prophet of the Pyramid.

ALL HAIL LOUD PHARAO
THE BOSS HAS SPOKEN
FTFY

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: May 15, 2014, 09:07:27 am »

Dental surgery tomorrow.

Though I have complete confidence in the professionalism of the various members of the team performing the operation, the sheer number of safeguards in place against disaster are a source of grave concern for me.

Nothing quite as reassuring as having to go to a hospital for a procedure that's usually performed on an out-patient basis, simply because my immune system hates my pancreas.

Argh.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: May 15, 2014, 09:14:45 am »

My left eyelid still wont open no matter what I try. The only way it opens is if I move it with my fingers, and then it shuts as soon as I let go.
Do you usually open it behind your ... pirate captain thingy ? (no offense meant... Just not a word I learn in english classes :-° )

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: May 15, 2014, 09:19:10 am »

eyepatch

the word you are looking for might or might not be eyepatch

for fuck's sake now i'm imagining things

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: May 15, 2014, 09:43:40 am »

Well, those are things we don't learn at school either ... *wink*

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: May 15, 2014, 11:29:12 am »

They don't teach you the names of the various possessions of pirates but they teach you to wink at people? What kind of monsters are these teachers?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: May 15, 2014, 12:58:02 pm »

Dental surgery tomorrow.

Though I have complete confidence in the professionalism of the various members of the team performing the operation, the sheer number of safeguards in place against disaster are a source of grave concern for me.

Nothing quite as reassuring as having to go to a hospital for a procedure that's usually performed on an out-patient basis, simply because my immune system hates my pancreas.

Argh.
I feel you, at one point I was so terrified of doctors and the dentist, they had to sedate me at a hospital to get rid of 28 cavities. Somehow I managed to set the record for cavities there.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: May 15, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

I feel you, at one point I was so terrified of doctors and the dentist, they had to sedate me at a hospital to get rid of 28 cavities. Somehow I managed to set the record for cavities there.

How, even? And now, back to my box!
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: May 15, 2014, 01:07:16 pm »

I was fairly insane as a child and rarely took care of myself, pretty sure it's a direct result of my parents being horrible and negligent and not ever giving a shit about what I got up to.

I repressed most of the horribleawful stuff though, so I'm better and sane now.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: May 15, 2014, 01:10:18 pm »

That's the funny bit.  I have no fear of doctors, dentists, or the work they do.  It's the various potential (slim though the chances may be) complications that arise from general anesthesia and diabetes coming together into a cluster(make love) of coma and death that're making me shake and quiver.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: May 15, 2014, 08:45:00 pm »

More seriously, I hear that quote pyramids can slow the forum down somewhat. Those big ones especially.
The background code for quotes is grossly inefficient, meaning that quote pyramids - as much as I want to join in with such nonsense - have a very good chance of bringing Toady's wrath down on us all in the form of permanent bans [citation needed].
As such, I, like an Old Testament prophet, seek in vain to draw my fellow forumites back to the path of righteousness mostly keeping the rules and not horrifying Toady One The Great into nerfing certain game mechanics.
I will provide the citation by saying he has explicitly warned against it.
I barely (yes, barely. It was rare) ever brushed my teeth until about a year ago. Only one filling, and that wasn't because I didn't brush my teeth, but because I didn't floss, allowing the area between my teeth to decay.

I think the outsides of my teeth are made of super-strong acid-resistant glass.
I used to believe this (same situation, though I've had more cavities then you), but recently two of my teeth have become more sensitive (I have reason to believe shitty fillings are to blame), so just bear that in mind.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 1420