Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1966165 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7005 on: April 18, 2014, 10:48:49 am »

I had a nightmare.

It involved rats.

* Iceblaster shivers in fear.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: April 18, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »

Socrates or Ben~?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: April 18, 2014, 02:19:47 pm »

I had a nightmare.

It involved rats.

Did this post say 'cats' earlier?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: April 18, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »

I had a nightmare.

It involved rats.

Did this post say 'cats' earlier?
Maybe it was dream about petting and playing with several cats that suddenly turned into rats?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: April 18, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »

So there's a type of entry for customs import in the U.S. referred to as a Hand Carry.  This is where instead of shipping stuff as cargo, a courier is hired to personally carry something through customs - sort of as if it were personal baggage, but it has to be declared to customs as an commercial import.  This is done when the material being transported is super urgent and important.

They're kind of a big deal.  Every port has different processes for them.  Customs officers tend to be really fucking picky about them.  And when they go wrong, they can easily turn into situations where CEOs start getting involved and shit (I've seen it happen).

I processed a hand carry today into LAX.  Sent the entry packet over to our LAX office to turn in to customs shortly before the end of my day.  Check my work e-mail from home a few minutes ago to see how it went.  I can rest easier knowing it went through ok.  It didn't.  Rejected.  No idea what's going on with it now.  Fuck.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: April 18, 2014, 06:07:04 pm »

Trigger warning: fucking everything.
Oozing and surging up out of that yawning url in the Tumblrean crypt I had glimpsed such an unbelievable behemothic monstrosity that I could not doubt the power of its original to kill with its mere sight. Even now I cannot begin to suggest it with any words at my command. I might call it cisphobic — heterophobic — misinformed — social justice warriorlike — triggering — retarded — partly insane and partly ignorant — ugh! But nothing I could say could even adumbrate the loathsome, unholy, non-human, extra-galactic horror and hatefulness and unutterable evil of that forbidden blog of black chaos and illimitable night. As I write these words the associated mental image causes me to lean back faint and nauseated. As I told of the sight to the men around me in the office, I had to fight to preserve the consciousness I had regained.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:28 am »

There were things on my exam today that I had not been taught.

The teacher outright stated that we were never taught some of the material on this exam.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: April 21, 2014, 11:07:21 am »

"Oh, and they're worth 50% of the mark.

GOOD LUCK!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: April 21, 2014, 11:24:34 am »

http://www.cracked.com/article_21051_the-4-strangest-things-nobody-tells-you-about-life-in-china.html

Modern-day China sounds like a hellish dystopia powered by overpopulation and not giving a shit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:27:32 am by freeformschooler »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: April 21, 2014, 11:46:02 am »

So its Monday and I got to learn about what happened with the hand carry.  Turns out I did screw something up.

The way it works is you submit your entry to customs and they stamp it off in advance of the couriers flight landing.  The courier walks through customs and gives the entry #.  They verify that the entry is cleared and send him on his way.

I made a really simple stupid mistake and gave the # for the entry I was using as reference.  It shouldn't have mattered because they still have the entry packet right there on the desk that the courier checks in at, and our phone #.  It would have taken seconds to resolve.  Instead the customs officer immediately siezes our stuff and rejects the courier.  They then harass our LA representative for hours when she shows up in person to try and resolve things.  We're certain at this point that LAX customs is picking on us.

Fuck U.S. customs so very much.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7015 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:10 pm »

http://www.cracked.com/article_21051_the-4-strangest-things-nobody-tells-you-about-life-in-china.html

Modern-day China sounds like a hellish dystopia powered by overpopulation and not giving a shit.
My hatred for China is only stemmed by my even greater hatred for cracked.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: April 21, 2014, 05:21:11 pm »

Dead animal bodies hanging outside of shops aren't just exotic set dressing -- they serve a purpose. They're a sign for expats these days, one meaning "This meat is probably legit."
I laughed more than I should have.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: April 21, 2014, 05:53:38 pm »

Dead animal bodies hanging outside of shops aren't just exotic set dressing -- they serve a purpose. They're a sign for expats these days, one meaning "This meat is probably legit."
I laughed more than I should have.
Why? It's a good practice, all the local butchers here make sure to keep the species of the animal whose meat they are selling as obvious as possible. It's unnecessary, as, for example, rabbit meat is much cheaper to produce than the equivalent amount of cat meat and thus no one acting in their interest would sell you cat, but the butchers still leave the skin on the paws of the rabbits they sell you as quality assurance.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: April 21, 2014, 05:59:14 pm »

That'd never happen here - anything that would make meat more like it came from animals would fly like a lead balloon. Hell, I bet half the people in this nation don't even know that meat comes from animals.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: April 21, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »

That'd never happen here - anything that would make meat more like it came from animals would fly like a lead balloon. Hell, I bet half the people in this nation don't even know that meat comes from animals.
I am of the opinion that everybody should know how to butcher something. Not really for any practical purpose because most people won't have to ever deal with turning a carcass into food; the understanding of the process is more important.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1420