Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965861 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6975 on: April 14, 2014, 03:16:47 am »

Listening to the radio while playing a game. Suddenly the radio cut out, and all I could hear was ambient noise.

It spooked me more than it should have.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6976 on: April 14, 2014, 05:45:07 am »

SO. Midterms are in 10 days. I have not prepared at all. My 60-person physics class grade, relatively graded, is going to be absolutely terrible. I don't know what's going in with Korean grammar, and math is always terrifyingly hard. Makes me not want to study, especially with distractions like coding!

But as for coding, I still feel that I don't have much in the way of finished or meaningful projects :( Only  a bunch of half-finished prototypes.

I feel that no uni/college will want me :< (especially not with a scholarship)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: April 14, 2014, 05:56:07 am »

So, I've been competing  in a cyber defense competition meant it simulate working in an IT environment.  Red team has been harassing us for a while, but other then a large amount of failed social engineering attempts, the only action we know they have done was taking down a website on one of our peripheral servers.  I went to go fix them, and started up a remote desktop connection.   It opens, and I slowly mouse over to the command prompt.  Then the screen turns black.  It boots back up, and Nyan cat appears.   Cue panic mode on every other system we have, downing all our services for twenty minutes as we double check our firewalls and passwords.   Then of course I restarted the computer that was handling the remote servers, and of course when I try to log back in none of my passwords work.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:34 am »

So, I've been competing  in a cyber defense competition meant it simulate working in an IT environment.  Red team has been harassing us for a while, but other then a large amount of failed social engineering attempts, the only action we know they have done was taking down a website on one of our peripheral servers.  I went to go fix them, and started up a remote desktop connection.   It opens, and I slowly mouse over to the command prompt.  Then the screen turns black.  It boots back up, and Nyan cat appears.   Cue panic mode on every other system we have, downing all our services for twenty minutes as we double check our firewalls and passwords.   Then of course I restarted the computer that was handling the remote servers, and of course when I try to log back in none of my passwords work.
That is actually pretty funny.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:31 am »

Does that mean you lost?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: April 14, 2014, 10:04:59 am »

That sounds like a loss, yeah :P

Also; ima fail calculus! Lose my GPAs! I'm doomed! :'(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6981 on: April 14, 2014, 10:09:22 am »

Add another one to the pile...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:05 pm »

Right now, I'm absolutely terrified by the prospect of having to pass Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, oh, and just to break the pattern Physics.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: April 14, 2014, 12:02:23 pm »

Right now, I'm absolutely terrified by the prospect of having to pass Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, oh, and just to break the pattern Physics.
Fuck Chemistry.
._.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: April 14, 2014, 12:02:43 pm »

SO. Midterms are in 10 days. I have not prepared at all. My 60-person physics class grade, relatively graded, is going to be absolutely terrible. I don't know what's going in with Korean grammar, and math is always terrifyingly hard. Makes me not want to study, especially with distractions like coding!

But as for coding, I still feel that I don't have much in the way of finished or meaningful projects :( Only  a bunch of half-finished prototypes.

I feel that no uni/college will want me :< (especially not with a scholarship)

If it makes you feel any better, you'll probably have an easy time getting into most US schools if you wanted to study foreign, since our school system is much less intense than yours is.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: April 14, 2014, 12:28:12 pm »

* Descan glares at Shonus

Toronto is CANADIAN, thank you very much.

If you must, you can take Alberta, we don't want them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: April 14, 2014, 12:32:44 pm »

He didn't imply otherwise. He said that IF Sky wanted to study outside of Canada, he could easily get into US colleges.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: April 14, 2014, 12:43:10 pm »

He didn't imply otherwise. He said that IF Sky wanted to study outside of Canada, he could easily get into US colleges.
Wow that really is a complex amongst Canadians. Interesting.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: April 14, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »

Hey, I want to keep Steakland Alberta!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: April 14, 2014, 01:09:08 pm »

Sky is a girl~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1420