Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965877 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6990 on: April 14, 2014, 01:11:03 pm »

* Descan glares at Shonus

Toronto is CANADIAN, thank you very much.

If you must, you can take Alberta, we don't want them.

He didn't imply otherwise. He said that IF Sky wanted to study outside of Canada, he could easily get into US colleges.
Sky is a girl~

I've had a vague recall of that being likely, but I wasn't sure. Add a customary 's' where applicable.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: April 14, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

Sky also lives in Korea, not Canada.

Geez, guys, pay attention! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: April 14, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »

I actually knew that, but in between Descanfusion and this being me procrastinating on my lab report, I wrote Canada anyway :3
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: April 14, 2014, 03:43:07 pm »

Whew. Thought I had my forumites confused there for a second.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6994 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »

Playing Call of Pripyat, with MISERY 2.1 installed. Notice there's about to be an emission. I immediately run for cover, and as I do so, the sky darkens, thunder rolls, and the siren starts blaring. Get to the nearest cover, the Krug Antenna Complex. Get to the basement, turn a corner, bam. Two bloodsuckers. I get one reflex shot off, and it misses. Even if a point blank shotgun shell killed one, there was no way I was gonna get another. Shit pants, die, quit game. Huddle under covers for five minutes.

One of the things I loved about that game:  how events like that force you out of your comfort zone, where preparation and improvisation are both really important.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sometimes I wonder, how awesome it would be to be able to go innawds when shtf? But then again, I don't.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: April 14, 2014, 04:16:05 pm »

That picture amuses me more than it should.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: April 14, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

I actually knew that, but in between Descanfusion and this being me procrastinating on my lab report, I wrote Canada anyway :3
Wait, which type of fusion? Am I fusing with you or someone else a la Dragon Ball Z, or am I now a nuclear reaction? D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: April 14, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

Wait, which type of fusion? Am I fusing with you or someone else a la Dragon Ball Z, or am I now a nuclear reaction? D:

You are now a nuclear reaction. Being radioactive, you bring horrible, painful death to everyone who comes near you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: April 14, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »

* Descan rumbles.

* Descan brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6999 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:26 pm »

That picture amuses me more than it should.
Same here. Sometimes the only appropriate response is to slowly back away, other times it is to put on your gas mask quickly back away.
Then you panic. And the internet laughs at you.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: April 14, 2014, 08:14:47 pm »

So, I've been competing  in a cyber defense competition meant it simulate working in an IT environment.  Red team has been harassing us for a while, but other then a large amount of failed social engineering attempts, the only action we know they have done was taking down a website on one of our peripheral servers.  I went to go fix them, and started up a remote desktop connection.   It opens, and I slowly mouse over to the command prompt.  Then the screen turns black.  It boots back up, and Nyan cat appears.   Cue panic mode on every other system we have, downing all our services for twenty minutes as we double check our firewalls and passwords.   Then of course I restarted the computer that was handling the remote servers, and of course when I try to log back in none of my passwords work.
That is actually pretty funny.
They also played the "All your base are belong to us" song/remix.  This was shortly after the nyan cat incident, which happened to all the teams.  We lost, getting fourth place out of a total of eight teams.  All the teams had to qualify to compete in the competition thou, so it's not as humiliating as it could of been.  Still, nothing scarier then looking at the giant scoreboard and seeing three of your eight critical services go red.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: April 17, 2014, 07:29:31 pm »

Not really terrifying, but it kind of creeped me out after reading about it for a couple hours.

Apparently there's a lost photograph of a bunch of hunters/cowboys posing with the corpse of a so-called "Thunderbird", dating from the 1800s. It shows the body of either a massive (30-50 foot wingspan) bird or a pterosaur nailed to the side of a barn with wings outstretched, with several men standing in front of it indicating the scale. Despite many people remembering having seen the photo in print, nobody has yet been able to locate the original image.

Apart from that, I also ran across a lot of people sharing their own eyewitness accounts of anomolously giant birds, and it turns out it's kind of creepy even if you don't believe in it, especially since they obviously do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: April 17, 2014, 10:17:36 pm »

Argh, go away anxiety! I am trying to do stuff
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: April 18, 2014, 12:07:23 am »

Not really terrifying, but it kind of creeped me out after reading about it for a couple hours.

Apparently there's a lost photograph of a bunch of hunters/cowboys posing with the corpse of a so-called "Thunderbird", dating from the 1800s. It shows the body of either a massive (30-50 foot wingspan) bird or a pterosaur nailed to the side of a barn with wings outstretched, with several men standing in front of it indicating the scale. Despite many people remembering having seen the photo in print, nobody has yet been able to locate the original image.

Apart from that, I also ran across a lot of people sharing their own eyewitness accounts of anomolously giant birds, and it turns out it's kind of creepy even if you don't believe in it, especially since they obviously do.
The Haast's Eagle has become memetic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7004 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:37 am »

So there I was just buying groceries when on an impulse, I decided to buy some 70% cocoa chocolate. This bumped my bill up appropriately, leaving me with £6.66 due change.

LORD SATAN APPROVES OF MY CHOCOLATE
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1420