Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968316 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3060 on: January 08, 2013, 12:37:21 am »

Guilty until proven innocent. Or dead.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 08, 2013, 12:37:48 am »

Guilty until proven innocent. Or dead.
Hey! Stop talking about Quebec and France!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 08, 2013, 12:38:39 am »

Judge threatened me with termination today.
...What does termination mean? Because I have an even more horrible picture of the US justice sysytem than I do now.

Termination means I would no longer be on Drug Court. It means I would be in prison. I have til the 20th of February to prove I don't deserve to be in prison.

the burredn of proof is on defenndant in Us?
No, see, it works like this. There are 2 rypes of Law, US law, which has it's own long-ranging quirks and such, and then there's DRUG LAW, where your rights are suspended from the roof by a rope and judges poke you with sticks shouting "jump boy jump!"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:04 am »

...What does termination mean? Because I have an even more horrible picture of the US justice sysytem than I do now.

Termination means I would no longer be on Drug Court. It means I would be in prison. I have til the 20th of February to prove I don't deserve to be in prison.

No, see, it works like this. There are 2 rypes of Law, US law, which has it's own long-ranging quirks and such, and then there's DRUG LAW, where your rights are suspended from the roof by a rope and judges poke you with sticks shouting "jump boy jump!"

andd whit men cant' jump!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: January 08, 2013, 01:48:14 am »

andd whit men cant' jump!

lordcooper, how much have you been drinking tonight? Because your last few posts have been funny as hell.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:27 pm »

... This is perhaps the most accurate representation of the Drug Laws in America that I've seen.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: January 08, 2013, 01:47:44 pm »

Actually, I'd say it's more a case of two types of law: Rich and/or Famous Law (in which everything is settled out of court with fines that are a minor annoyance at best) and Peon Law (in which your ass is at the mercy of whoever's got more money to lawyer up).

Think I'm kidding? Nate Newton.

On November 4, 2001 police in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana, arrested Newton after he was found to have 213 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop of Newton's white van. Five weeks later, on December 12, 2001, Newton was again stopped in Texas and was arrested after a search of his vehicle revealed he possessed 175 pounds of marijuana. He was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for drug trafficking

For those of you keeping score at home, that's 388 POUNDS of pot. If this had been any of us....well, first off there wouldn't have been the second stop, because there's no way in hell we'd be out on bail after the first stop. And then it would have been a hell of a lot more than 30 months. But when you're a pro sports player (even a retired one)....you get access to a whole different justice system.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: January 08, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »

I give you the worst of the offenders: Leonard Little.

For those of you who don't wanna click the link (or want a little more research than wikipedia): In 1998, He was twice the legal limit for alcohol, crashed into someone and killed them. He got probation and did some community service. His legal record was cleared in '02. In '04, he was busted for doing 78 in a 55, and failed three field sobriety tests. He was acquitted of DWI, but was banned from drinking alcohol for six months (hurr hurr.)

He played for the St. Louis Rams from 1998 (the year he killed someone,) until 2009. AFAIK, the only action that the NFL ever took against him was to suspend him 8 games (the first half of the 1999 season.)

Why is this man not rotting in prison somewhere?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 08, 2013, 08:27:13 pm »

Because the American Justice system is fucking bullshit, flat out biased, horrifyingly corrupt bullshit. I simply cannot put my vehemence about this into words.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: January 09, 2013, 01:13:08 pm »

Wasnt there a well known rap artist who recently had thier tour bus pulled over by cops who then found large amounts of heroin or crack on it? Of course, some poor roadie took the bump for this (probably with some nice monthly deposits into an offshore account) keeping the big name out of court. Ah, yes, some google-fu revelas it to be Nelly.

Of course, this will probably now start some crazy east coast rap/west coast science feud involving drive by derivations.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:14:58 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: January 09, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

In America, you can buy anything. Houses, cars, helicopters, immunity from laws and punishment, police officers, judges, you name it.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:57 pm »

Home of the Indentured.
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:51 pm »

Europe ftw.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3073 on: January 09, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 09, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »

Europe ftw.
Greece >_>

... and Ireland, Portugal, Finland, Spain, Italy and so on.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1420