Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: "Just Shoot Him!"  (Read 7555 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: "Just Shoot Him!"
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2010, 05:45:17 pm »

Also oddly enough the Police are always 1000 times more effective against the heros then the villains even to the point where they suddenly gain a lot more competency then they would ever usually have.

I remember when the police stopped Aquaman and took out a rocket launcher.

The police go after heroes who commit one crime on par with their villains, who commit hundreds, because they figure the hero will be easier to catch, burdened by morals and guilt and all.  Except it never occurs to them (or writers) that a hero who's already broken his rules once could just as well again, and since they're the ones who usually catch the villain, they're worlds more competent and therefor even more out of the cops' league.  The moral of the story is: authority figures and their underlings in comics are universally dumb.

And what the Hell would Aquaman need a rocket launcher for?  Or is that what they were stopping him with?  In which case, why do the cops have rocket launchers, and why would they think they need one to stop Aquaman?  Nothing makes sense anymore.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2010, 05:48:05 pm »

why would they think they need one to stop Aquaman?

Aquaman is coming for your soul.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2010, 05:53:44 pm »

No, Aquaman's gigantic friend is coming for your soul.  Aquaman is still a wuss, who needs sea "creatures" to fight his battles for him.

Animated Aquaman is pretty cool though, if only because The Brave and The Bold is dedicated to making everyone look cool.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »

Yeah, the one in JL was pretty badass, what with all the Norsey looks and all.And as far as heroes falling from grace goes i think Rorschak(i have a feeling i misspelled it) is one of if not the best portrayal of such a hero who was pushed over the edge
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2010, 06:00:49 pm »

I propose the theory that whenever a Superhero does not kill a Supervillain it is because they are actually having sex.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2010, 06:01:57 pm »

Well it was King Aquaman (not sure what number Aquaman he is) the one without a hand

Still it was the most random rocket launcher ever. Worse yet where was it when the police were fighting all those villains? They didn't even know Aquaman or any villain was comming so it wasn't like they planned on him being there. I secretly believe that every cop car comes equipped with two guns: A useless one for villains and ROCKET LAUNCHER for the heros.

Xmen was probably just as bad. When the Xmen were being ordered by the government to be taken in all of a sudden every attack helicopter and tank in the country was on their tail. Where were they when the Brotherhood, Juggernaut, or even Magneto (as useless as it would have been) were attacking? Why did they think the Sentinels were so supperior? The military seemed to be doing a fine job and would have succeeded too if the attack wasn't called off and that was against a whole group of powerful mutants.

Thus if your a hero you don't want to kill a villain. It just isn't good for your PR and you just KNOW that the Anti-hero police are actually competent relative to the regular police.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:05:19 pm by Neonivek »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2010, 06:02:51 pm »

why would they think they need one to stop Aquaman?

Aquaman is coming for your soul.

I would make sense that the most maligned super hero of the |33+ age turns out to be a minion of Cthulhu.

I propose the theory that whenever a Superhero does not kill a Supervillain it is because they are actually having sex.

So super heroes are like anti-Jason?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2010, 06:09:26 pm »

Heroes can't kill the villain because a) that would destroy the all important moral high ground and b) the writers would need to come up with a more complicated way to bring the villain back then "he/she broke out of his/her confinement in the statue/gem/pit/underworld/jail/asylum/Hell". Any hero who actually has the guts to gun the villain down is immediately labeled an antihero. Of course, the villains can be equally stupid (see Evil Overlord list).
[/post]

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2010, 06:12:23 pm »

Anyway, who would want to read a comic book where you punishment for running around in a flamboyant costume is a bullet to the head?

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2010, 06:16:01 pm »

Anyway, who would want to read a comic book where you punishment for running around in a flamboyant costume is a bullet to the head?

Sounds awesome.
[/post]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »

Punisher comics have done this before.

Honestly I am not sure why people take his plots so seriously, from what I've heard quite a few of them are outright silly... just with a lot of blood and guts.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2010, 08:52:53 pm »

Becouse every single form of story out there, from Star Wars to Little Red Ridding Hood, has SOMEONE who takes it completely and utterly seriously.

Also, please don't bring up the 'heros and villians have sex' thing, too many people already think Joker has the hots for batty.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2010, 09:43:58 pm »

too many people already think Joker has the hots for batty

He has a obsession that is for sure, to the point where it is heavily implied it is even the source of his very madness (or at least the source that allows it to linger). Hense why he often either gives up crime, becomes good, or becomes sane when Batman is either dead or incapacitated.

Sexual? Probably not. At least not in the way I'd ever expect Joker to have sex with him.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:01 pm »

Like you don't see the Joker hate fucking Batman.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2010, 11:13:14 pm »

Some people just don't wan't to put a bullet into another's head.

Stupid I know.
This is why the world needs Conservatives.

Does he do this in EVERY thread?

Just threads he doesn't like.

Derailing is a sport apperantly.

Also oddly enough the Police are always 1000 times more effective against the heros then the villains even to the point where they suddenly gain a lot more competency then they would ever usually have.

I remember when the police stopped Aquaman and took out a rocket launcher.

I'm mostly the advance party for more serious derails, like turning this discussion into one on Aquaman.

In my mind though, I'm just popping in for a quip or rimshot, and then everyone gets all "how dare you blah blah blah", which is the real point of derail. Me, I expect to get a lol and then everyone back on topic. Everyone else? They've just got to push the point home that I'm a thread derailer.

Lets go back to talking about movie logic, a subject which I don't particularly care for so I'll leave you be (until I see another opening).
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9