Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639426 times)

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 11, 2011, 03:31:52 pm »

Basically there are no special items or artifacts in the game unless you create a fort and your dwarves create them, and in that case you can only get to them with an adventurer after abandoning the fort at which point the items will be scattered to random places around the fortress map. (Assuming no hacks like runesmith, dfusion, dflair, etc.)
You can prevent or at least reduce scattering by putting important items in very heavy bins (lead or gold work well). It also saves having to search for the damn stuff!

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 11, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »

Basically there are no special items or artifacts in the game unless you create a fort and your dwarves create them
There is the unique named Art created in worldgen that can be on any piece of junk like a copper crossbow. I've only found about 2 out of 1500 in my current world. Shame there aren't any artifacts, there is a real shortage of loot in adv mode (other than made in a DF)
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2011, 01:26:11 am »

any good guide for adventure mode ??

I finally got the hang of fortress mode and Would like to learn how to play adventure mode

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
*Hugs*

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:19 am »

If you've never played before then you may want to try this first: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Adventure_mode_quick_start

That way instead of dying 50 times before figuring things out you'll only die maybe 10 or 20 times before then.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 14, 2011, 09:20:54 pm »

alot more ethan that..... and don't think that once you figure it out you won't die... all it takes is a boning knife and your adventurer is toast.

even if you use macros or take out boogeymen you won't have a legendary adventurer every time... and if you ever get bored send your legendary guy to the circus there is lots of FUN there.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson
« Reply #456 on: June 15, 2011, 06:13:54 am »

Do you and your companions heal over time?

Do lost extremities grow back, or is it realistic in that they don't?

I have a group of like 12 people, and most of them are hurt to the point where they can't stand. I'm wondering if I should just take the time and rest until they are healed or if it doesn't even matter. Being able to actively heal or, at the very least, dismiss party members would be nice...

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 15, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »

Do you and your companions heal over time?

Do lost extremities grow back, or is it realistic in that they don't?

I have a group of like 12 people, and most of them are hurt to the point where they can't stand. I'm wondering if I should just take the time and rest until they are healed or if it doesn't even matter. Being able to actively heal or, at the very least, dismiss party members would be nice...

To dismiss someone, you must get your axe and chop their head off saying "you're fired".
jk, if you lose them, as running ahead or using Travel with them far behind, they will get lost. Alternatively, use them as cannon fodder.

And no, limbs dont grow back. A arm or leg will not grow back. You can use cructhes, though. And remember, it's just a flesh wound.

Mr.Ninja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2011, 07:21:33 am »

If one of my old adventurer happen to finish a quest but never got to report back (Cause of the bogeymen) And i start a on a new adventurer, how do I report the quest being done?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »

You won't get any credit for it, even if you do manage to find a way. If you want too, you could travel to the site the quest was finished. Occasionally you will on Q get a order to report whoevers death
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Mr.Ninja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 18, 2011, 12:21:01 am »

One other question, I notice that Fire doesn't spread like it once did in older versions, is there a way to fix this?
« Reply #461 on: June 18, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »

1) Is there any reason why a fort would have plenty of lords, peasants and children, but not a single soldier around?

Edit: This one may be some kind of bug. I just got a quest to get a quest from a lord at one of these seemingly empty castles. No one was there at all when I entered it. I slept in it, and when I awoke, all the people were there.

2) Why is it that sometimes when I sleep in a fort or a building, even though I had permission from the owner, I wake up outside of the fort/building?

3) Do you take a penalty if you have multiple weapons in a single hand? I am somehow holding a buckler and shield in my right hand (though this one makes sense to some degree because a buckler is just a small little thing strapped to your wrist), and a scimitar and a crossbow in the left. I can use them all in combat, too. Stab a guy with my scimitar, it gets stuck in them, so I fire an arrow at him. But am I taking a hit chance/damage penalty for doing so?

4) What exactly does it mean if I am finding plants like "wriggling tendrils" and "giant eyes?" I thought I might have been in an evil zone, but the map shows it to be a normal forest.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:31:22 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Mcducks22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2011, 06:20:29 am »

Is there any way to remove arrows? My adventurer has been walking around with an arrow stuck in his lung for some time now...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2011, 06:21:41 am »

Shift-I
Scroll down to the arrow and select it
*Hugs*

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 21, 2011, 03:12:22 pm »

I found a few Steel Items with my Orc Adventurer, but cant put them on. For example the Steel helmet, i allready removed all things i had on my head why doesnt it work?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 328