Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

[Filler Poll] How many players do you think will survive?

1~3
- 5 (35.7%)
4~6
- 5 (35.7%)
7~9
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: A good Samaritan in a time of chaos [On Turn 4/10]  (Read 17330 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: A good Samaritan in a time of chaos
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 08:34:42 pm »

I use Tom to help me search the hospital.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trade? No, mister elf. I expect you to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2010, 11:37:04 pm »

I use Tom to help me search the hospital.

Do you mean you want to use Tom to attract attention? Or did you want to conduct a careful search of a floor. Let me know what your actions are, and where they are taking place.

Example:
Action, Day: Attract attention on Floor 2.
Action, Night: Attract attention on Floor 3.

Currently, Lozz is queued up to search the Lobby carefully (Action, Day), while Dwarmin (with tehstefan tagging along) wanted to carefully search Floor 2 (Action, Night).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:39:14 pm by arcadia »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 11:37:52 pm »

A careful search with Tom sniffing around and to bark when ever he smells the Undead.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 11:42:00 pm »

Gotcha. Thanks :D

Currently the submitted moves are:

Action Day
Hastur: You move up the floors, with the intent to explore and eradicate. (will scout out 3 floors)
Desmond: You move up the floors, with the intent to explore and eradicate. (will scout out 3 floors)
Ottofar:
Matthew: You use Tom to attract attention on Floor 2.
Lozz: You search the Lobby carefully.
Marcus:
Roderick: You move up the floors, with the intent to explore and eradicate. (will scout out 3 floors)
Jimi:

Action, Night:
Hastur: You barricade the stairs in the Lobby, preventing access to the lobby via the North & South Stairwells.
Desmond: You search the Floor 2 with Roderick.
Ottofar:
Matthew: You use Tom to attract attention on Floor 3.
Lozz: You stand guard in the Lobby.
Marcus:
Roderick: You search the Floor 2 with Desmond.
Jimi:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:15:15 am by arcadia »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2010, 03:51:54 am »

Well, I don't wanna be barricaded in with some Zed's so I'll patrol between the 2 stair wells on floor 2 as my night guard action.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:44 pm »

Well it seems the bottom of the hospital is really just a no-go area (I mean, exploring a morgue in an undead apocalypse is just a great idea!) and the first 3 floors are covered by other people. So I'm just going to head up stairs some more and search the intensive care unit a bit in the day.
At night he is going to just sit down and go to sleep. Seriously, he came from a kick-ass party so he can barely keep awake.

Combat preferences: Meet one zombie, go for the kill. It'll be awesome. Meet 2 or more zombies run and skate until I lose them.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2010, 02:59:37 pm »

Update: Since it's been over a day, I posted up this turn in the interest of keeping with the pacing, unfortunately for Eagle-eye and Ottofar, this means you missed your turn. I made you both go scouting along with the gang during the day and sleeping at night. Don't worry, the turns only get more exciting from here on in; just read up and post your move for Turn 2 :)

Turn 1a: Exploration Extravaganza & Zombie Slaying
Holy text-dump Batman! How do I make sense of this turn? You only need to read your character's report and the non-spoilered content in the next post. However, for those who are...

Metagamers: You should snoop through other player files and put two and two together.
Super-dwarvenly: Read only your own file but question other players for information. Bonus: Stay in character.

Your Character Report:
Name (# of Points) Final Location

tehstefan (10) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hastur (10) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria

Ottofar (0) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria

Phantom (0) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria

Dwarmin (10) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria

Kashyyk (10) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria

Eagle-eye (0) on the 2nd Floor: Cafeteria

Thatdude (0) on 2nd Floor: Cafeteria
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:10:10 pm by arcadia »

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, 07:49:06 am »

Turn 1b: Team Reports & New Discoveries

The Team Report:

All "grouped" activities are listed here. For this turn (and the sake of game mechanics), I've interpreted "fight your way up and eradicate the dead!" as scouting (3 rooms for 1 action point).

Midnight

10 minutes before midnight - at least according to Lozz's cell phone - a faint whirring could be heard. As the sound grew in intensity, it became clear that the first of ten helicopters was arriving.  Suddenly, the whirring of the spinning rotor reaches a crescendo and a bright spotlight danced down from the chopper. Then just as quickly, the night sky was silent and dark again. Oh well, at least there are still 9 more helicopters right?

As Turn 2 begins...

From your vantage point on the 2nd Floor Cafeteria, you can see that nothing is approaching from the immediate west (supermarket). You suspect that in the last turn, you did nothing to attract either civilians or zombies to the hospital.

Team Score: 0

Zombie Mechanics
It would seem that some players have gained insight into how zombies operate. If you'd like to figure things out for yourself, ask the other players (or read their files). Or else, read on...

Barricades

Hastur has successfully built the first barricade. In this last turn, some of you may have learned about the limitations of flimsy barricades - the equivalent of a locked door. All barricades take 1 AP to build. You can barricade as many entrances as you'd like on a given floor provided you have materials/items that you can specify the barricade to be built with. Having discovered that you can devise flimsy barricades out of "nothing", you wonder what it would take to build a decent barricade, a strong barricade, or an impenetrable barricade; until you discover the option to build them, you are unsure of the specific level protection that they can provide. At the same time, you wonder if there's not a better way than barricades...after all, they impede both zombies AND civilians/players.

Civilians

From the clues here and there, it seems probable that you can encounter civilians in the next turn, if you so desire. Civilians will likely be much more upset, less heroic, and distraught than you are. Among your group (based on background traits), Desmond Duane (Dwarmin) and Officer Roderick Johnson (tehstefan) possess skills that can tip initial impressions in your favor. As authority figures, Desmond & Roderick will be received very favorably by some while rebellious citizens may react very poorly to their demeanor. You should decide as a group what your stance towards civilians will be (if you spot them first, you have the option of approaching or ignoring them). For those civilians that fall under your sway immediately (most of them will), you should also decide where you'd like them to organize and whether or not you want to use them for labor. Interaction with Civilians will also allow for the chance to earn points through humane actions!

Submitting your move for Turn 2
-As a group, tell me where you would like to direct new civilians. Do you want them to make a blind run up to the helipad? Or would you have them assemble at a specific location?
-Tell me your combat behavior: details are good. Tell me where you'd like to retreat to.
-Tell me if you'd like to interact or use any objects currently discovered. Interactions are FREE Actions.
-Tell me any FREE Actions that you'd like to perform: you may perform as many as you'd like.
-You can spend 1 Action Point to sleep: Tell me which floor you're sleeping on.
-You can spend 1 Action Point to stand guard: Tell me which floor.
-You can spend 1 Action Point to carefully search any of these locations:
-You can spend 1 Action Point to scout out 3 of these areas if the areas are adjacent or on consecutive floors:
-These are suggested moves. Logic and Imagination are your friends. If you'd like to do something outside of the box, post away and I'll let you know if it's applicable and if it'll cost you AP.

Achievements

Hope you've all enjoyed Turn 1!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:27:18 am by arcadia »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2010, 12:23:36 pm »

Anyone up for a basement exploration trip?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »

I'll need to get some sleep on this day turn-are you going night or day?
Also, did anyone manage to find a light source? I wouldn't want to go in the pitch black basement without a little light...
AND, can anyone tell me if they find any duct tape/and or glue, or something like that? I wanna make a riot shield out of something...

For anyone else playing "fair" like me, list any RP you would think important before posting your self, for others.

Desmond speaks up to any who will listen to what he found in the cafeteria...
"Well the chairs and the tables will make excellent barricades, if I do say so myself! The tables look very well made.
We'll have enough food, even if we have to smash up the vending machines-We could just use money if we get the power on...
I found a vent in the ceiling-too tight for me, but any of you smaller than me could fit. I would suggest bringing a light source.
We also found paper towels, dish detergent, cutting boards, a small torche, 2 propane tanks, and alot of tinfoil and cake tins. I could rig up a sort of trap, I guess...Now, I'm going to get some rest. Make sure I don't eaten in my sleep nimrods.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:49:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2010, 02:13:57 pm »

Well,  I guess it seems that zombies like dogs as a side meal when a man is involved.
I assist Ottofarin his Basement Exploration trip! While with him I need to find a flashlight. Or a floodlight, that would be nice.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 02:32:26 pm »

Small torch we have. We'll also see, can they see in the dark.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2010, 02:51:07 pm »

Lozz then told her experiences of the day:
There are 40 ergonomic chairs in the lobby, sturdy but they are all currently bolted to metal plates on the floor. It'd be possible to unscrew them all without tools, but that owlud take more time. (1 action without tools, free with)
There is shattered glass on the floor which could be slipping hazard for civilians(50/50 falling chance), though currently the floor appears to be clean. (thus no infection risk). It would be trivial to clean up with the right equipment.
There is also a plastic trash can (half-full, 6 gallon capacity): the top layer - used tissues, empty coffee cups, and erroneous & incomplete hospital forms. The western automatic doors are shut, but as they are made of ordinary glass, they can only function as a flimsy barricade: if properly motivated, a lone zombie may be able to break through. Conversely, the doors for the northern and southern stairwells are single-wide and are built from reinforced metal. These doors swing outwards from the stairwell into the lobby.
In the reception booth:
Phonebook - complete with business & residential addresses and phone numbers: a single page has been torn out
Hospital directory - The specific extension to each room in the hospital is now known.
The controls for the lobby public speakers are also here.
With poiwer it is a possiblity that the speakers will be loud enough to be heard in the surrounding area.
The receptionist had a blood-soaked pack of gum.
A small person with a light could examine the elevator shaft for free, otherwise it would take time.
I also found: pencils, hospital admission forms, insurance forms, newspaper, fire extinguisher, 1 bottle of tylenol and a single gold earring attached to a bit of earlobe.

Does Marcus know where the janitor's office is? (I'll put my action in later, once some other people have decided.)

Personally, I'm against going into the basement just yet. We need illumination and better weaponry.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

Well, I would say I'm as well armed as I can be in this situation...

Desmond hefts his finely crafted rolling pin

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 03:01:57 pm »

Posting for clarification

Small torch we have. We'll also see, can they see in the dark.

Ottofar, you are absolutely correct. Both the pilot light and dessert torch can set fire to flammable materials; and boy, do you have tons of papers & magazines. Though primitive, you can make enough torches for everyone. Obviously, having a flashlight or getting the power on is much better; but this will at least make many of your actions more effective. E.g. Compare the Team's description of PEDIATRICS - seen during the day- vs Phantom's - seen during the night.

Does Marcus know where the janitor's office is?

Marcus doesn't know where the janitor's office is; however he knows the Basement level is the Morgue.  :-X

@ Dwarmin: Glad you're enjoying your rolling pin. Sending a chef to investigate the kitchen is just good logic. Though you're not the only one to luck out this turn (when it came to randomly picking a floor to explore).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:04:19 pm by arcadia »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12