Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

[Filler Poll] How many players do you think will survive?

1~3
- 5 (35.7%)
4~6
- 5 (35.7%)
7~9
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: A good Samaritan in a time of chaos [On Turn 4/10]  (Read 17313 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: A good Samaritan in a time of chaos
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 12:09:57 pm »

Musician, with a Piano. I have some piano wires in my trenchcoat's pockets. I'm quite light, but taller than average. And male. And quite strong. I've played the piano for a year and a half, but am quite good, even if I say it myself.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »

Name: Matthew McAverage
Legal Sex: Male
Weight: Average
Role: Dog Walker

Background: Matthew McAverage is just some average guy walking his dog, a 10 year old Alaskan Malamute named Tom. Otherwise he is completely average in most aspects. Except for his Elvis like hair and Aviator Sunglasses. He wears an average white T-Shirt and an average pair of Jeans. And a not so average brown Boonie Hat.

Yep that's about it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:50:07 pm by Phantom »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 01:28:33 pm »

Name: Lozz Kash
Legal Sex: Female
Weight: Light
Job: Uni Student (Chemistry)
Hobby: Parkour enthusiast
Knowledge:
1 year of Chemistry Degree, Amateur Martial Arts (Ninjutsu), Parkour (Climbing, Running, Athletics, etc.), Brief Handgun use (Been on a pistol range once for a Boyfriend's bday).
Inventory:
Leather Jacket, t-Shirt, Jeans, Sneakers, Hobo gloves, Backpack (Textbook, Notepad, Pencil case), Mobile, Multitool.
Background:
When she was younger, Lozz had an obsession with ninja, and other japanese phenomena. She got into Manga, and found a Ninjutsu club. When she got to University, she continued her club, and when she got low on money, she looked for more creative ways of getting to her lectures. She is physically small (5'1"), but her parkour and ninjutsu has made her reasonably strong, for her size. She's good with animals, but has never been allowed one, due to rent restrictions.

How's that? Not too much useless detail I hope!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 01:44:42 pm »

Name: Marcus Aurelius
Sex: Male
Weight: Average
Profession-Surgeon
Background- He goes by the name of a roman emperor, and is strangely obsessed with classical history. Performing an autopsy when the subject rose up and tried to eat him, he ran off with only a scalpel, his bloodstained clothing, and a bottle of whiskey. He had been prone to alcoholism before the zombies, but had good enough judgment not to drink any while cutting open a dead body. His wife left him 10 years previously, and he mostly keeps to himself on a small house in an unremarkable neighborhood.
Inventory- 1 L bottle of strong whiskey, steel scalpel, bloodstained overcoat, bloody latex gloves.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trade? No, mister elf. I expect you to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 02:24:20 pm »

Ottofar: Character approved and added! By the way, since a piano is quite large, and characters are arriving on foot you won't actually be able to arrive at the hospital with your piano. If that's okay with you, then that's okay with me ;) Let me know if you want to change anything.

Phantom: Approved and added. Awesome get-up and great dog.

Kashyyk: Not too much detail at all. Approved and added.

Marcus Aurelius: Approved and added. Alcohol is a great touch.

Two Spots Remaining :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:36:33 pm by arcadia »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 03:21:24 pm »

-Name: Roderick Johnson
-Legal Sex: Male
-Weight: Light
-Role : Policeman

Background- Roderick got out of high school, got a degree in criminal justice, and proceeded to become a police officer, being with the force for 5 years. His love of donuts is only matched by his love of fitness. He always is getting donuts, but he also runs marathons, and donuts are really his only real weakness as a police officer, stereotypical or no. To make up for it, he runs marathons, and he makes sure to work on his policing skills, such as shooting, so that no silly suspect tries to sneak away from him.  He has a girlfriend, but he hasn't been able to find her, and its worrying him. He has no real special skills beyond marathon running, though he's a good shot.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:23:08 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 03:39:52 pm »

Thanks tehstefan!

I was curious to see whether or not anyone would pick the police officer, good on ya for doing so. Your character has been posted.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 04:00:40 pm »

Let's see what roles we got here...
A Forest Firefighter....
A Heavyweight British Chocolatier...
A Musician without his Instrument...
Hunter S. Thompson's subtle twin with an Elvis haircut and walking a dog...
A chemistry student, part time parkour enthusiast that's good with animals...
An Alcoholic Roman Enthusiast Surgeon...
And finally a slightly sterotypical cop that runs around a lot.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 04:09:39 pm »

Sounds like fun!

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 04:29:00 pm »

Name: Jimi Anderson
Weight: Light
Job: wannabe pro skateboarder.
Background: Jimi always spent his early year watching all the pro skate boarders boast about how great their lives were. So naturally he wanted to be one. He bought his first skateboard at the age of 7, and proceeded to spectacularly fail any time he even thought about stepping on it. But he was more determined than that. By the age of 18, he was convinced that it wasn't his complete lack of talent that made him fail, it was his style. His reasoning being that all the best skaters looked awesome as well so he decided that he should dress like them to improve his skills. Out to the shops he went and with his brand new hugely oversized black hoodie and a matching hat with skull and crossbones roughly dumped on his head backwards (to help stream-line him of course) he stepped out of the store only to have a zombefied pensioner lunge at him wanting to nibble on his ear.
At this point, screaming like a little girl, he managed for the first time in his life ride his skateboard for more than 5 metres without falling off. Now filled with just a bit too much confidence he decided that people all needed his help and only someone as awesome as him could help them. So now he is staying behind helping people get to safety...
Possesions: A skateboard, an oversized black hoodie, a black hat with skull and crossbones on it (worn backwards) and a skating competition trophy (only won by him being the only competitor on the day)

That good?

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 04:30:28 pm »

Turn 0: Character Overview, Exploration, and Combat Mechanics

The first day of the ten most important days of your lives has dawned. You arrive at the hospital, some of you worn out by the trek. You take a moment to observe your fellow good Samaritans: in the coming days, you will surely have to trust each other and rely on your combined skills to accomplish your goal. After reading the notes below, please take notice of your character's conditions that I have listed.

Character Overview
Most actions, provided that they are reasonable will automatically succeed. However, if there is a chance of failure, success will either be determined with a coin toss, or the roll of a 6 sided die. Nevertheless, there are a few vital conditions that you need to be aware of regarding your character.

Sleep
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mobility
Attention
Weaponry
Injury

Hastur
Desmond
Ottofar
Phantom
Kashhyk
Eagle-eye
tehstefan
Thatdude

Hospital & Environs

Your Turn
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:40:59 am by arcadia »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 04:52:22 pm »

I convince Tom to bark while I look towards the Horizon for signs of survivors.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 04:54:03 pm »

Oops sorry Phantom, wasn't done putting everything up. There's a lot of info coming up, I'll be breaking it up into 2 posts. :)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 05:13:05 pm »

A query on the zombies: How much (and what) do we know about them? Are they everywhere? Do they hide during the day and come out at night? Is it a 1 bite conversion thing or are we immune? You know the drill. :P

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 05:41:18 pm »

Hey Kashyyk, zombies are indeed eveywhere. They are ambivalent about the time of day. I go over the combat mechanics & conversion in the post above.

Typically, without any sort of stimuli (human flesh, lights, sound) they are "silent" and "stationary", but with increased and persistent stimuli, the zombies will become more curious and more agitated. It also appears that in hordes, the zombies are more readily excited.

Also, if you imagine the hospital as a center of a circle. If you emit a very loud or visible signal, it may take some time for the zombies farther away to arrive, but there will be more of them (re circle analogy: the "perimeter" gets longer as the radius of the circle is extended). If you do draw attention, expect the horde to intensify as each day goes on.

Hopefully that answers the questions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12