Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Vocaloid  (Read 6220 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vocaloid
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2010, 05:32:55 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2010, 06:45:35 pm »

This was one of my first encounters with Vocaloid.
Yup.

My sister actually owns a Nendoroid (plastic figure) of Kaito. It's interesting, because the character designs are owned by the company, but the Vocaloid fan community builds up their own set of personalities and memes and such for each character, which become iconic and are then incorporated into the toys and things. Stuff like Miku always having a leek and Kaito being obsessed with ice cream. It's basically community-driven character creation.

I find that more interesting than the music coming out of it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2010, 06:48:21 pm »

This was one of my first encounters with Vocaloid.
Yup.

My sister actually owns a Nendoroid (plastic figure) of Kaito. It's interesting, because the character designs are owned by the company, but the Vocaloid fan community builds up their own set of personalities and memes and such for each character, which become iconic and are then incorporated into the toys and things. Stuff like Miku always having a leek and Kaito being obsessed with ice cream. It's basically community-driven character creation.
Character creation that causes a giant war about what exactly Rin/Len are.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »

I like how Mikus socks are often depicted footless~

... What? What? Don't look at me like that... <<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2010, 07:01:01 pm »

I always thought that Rin and Len are just twins...

also this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:03:48 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2010, 07:04:09 pm »

No such thing as "just" twins in anime.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2010, 07:04:28 pm »

No such thing as "just" twins in anime.
or in the internet's darker corners
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2010, 07:05:04 pm »

Quote from: TvTropes
Debating on whether they [Rin&Len] are mirror images or twins will cause Internet Backdraft, as Crypton once described them as opposite sides of a mirror ("kagami" meaning "mirror"), but later changed it back to twins. Eventually they just took back both definitions and left it hanging to anyone's interpretation.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »

Have some Triple Baka.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2010, 08:50:45 pm »

I think I might be getting addicted to music which I can't understand. I'm liking the music, however I noticed in some of the music the lyrics sound just slightly faster than would normally be sung, without sufficent delay to sound natural. but I applaud the sound of the songs which I've listened to so far.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2010, 08:54:51 pm »

I think I might be getting addicted to music which I can't understand.
Join the club.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2010, 12:01:30 am »

Just be glad it was not run through a auto tuner.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:50 pm »

Great and powerful Vocaloid thread, arise from the depths and fight to the death with the Metal Thread!

Lots of interesting Vocaloid news lately, so I figured this was needed again.  The biggest bit of news is the upcoming Vocaloid concert, live from Los Angeles!  It's going to be the same style as the concert before last, meaning hologram on glass rather than normal movie projection.  There are also car commercials with questionable song choice popping up on US screens, albeit on asian language channels.  Finally, there is an english version of Miku in production right now, which her voice actress is taking accent elimination courses for.  It appears that Crypton is attempting to bring Vocaloid to America.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:52:48 am by Derekristow »
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2011, 11:51:14 pm »

I was wondering why I had a post I didn't remember in here. Then I saw the date.

But that's some intresting news, especially Engilsh Hatsune Miku.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7