Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Vocaloid  (Read 6217 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Vocaloid
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 10:39:28 pm »

Not enough floorspace.

Have you seen how many McDonalds we have?
# of McDonalds with indoor seating - all the chairs and tables = enough floorspace?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 10:44:15 pm »

I just Put "Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce" into Google Translate and spent way too much time listening to the thing say it over and over again.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 02:16:03 am »

I figured a thread like this would pop up eventually.  Vocaloid stuff seems to have been appearing here and there more often.

I like this one, I think the creator made the voice seem pretty realistic.  If you like Anamanaguchi you might like this.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 05:46:06 am »

Having listened to a few Japanese songs and read a little about the technology I wondered if there are any English vocaloid synths. I found this and while I can mostly understand pronunciation isn't great. Is the technology more suited to the Japanese language or the pronunciation is about as bad?

I haven't found anything that appeals to me but it's no worse than what I hear on the radio.

I am Canadian and I think sitting down in stadiums, even music stadiums, makes total sense.
I must admit that I wouldn't want to sit down at a gig as getting close to the front and dancing is a big part of the fun for me. Do you even sit at rock concerts? I remember hearing how after putting seats in the local concert hall they got ripped up and passed to the back of the room during a live act.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 07:04:53 am »

There are English ones, but they aren't nearly as popular.  For Japanese, for the most part, a letter only sounds like one thing.  In English and other European languages there are typically more special cases and variations, making it hard for it to sound right.

On a related note, Miku's voice actor has agreed to take accent elimination classes if Crypton decides to make an English version, which they've been talking about.

Some background on the software:  The Vocaloid software itself is owned by Yamaha, and natively in English.  All voices are data banks added to the base program, and sold by independent companies.  Crypton owns the first five Japanese Vocaloids.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

MirrorIrorriM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 01:26:48 pm »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2010, 01:35:06 pm »

...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

I do like Mrs Pumpkin, Nico Nico Chorus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbUFbI2_--I
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »

Theres a chorus of choruses on the TvTropes CMoA page
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2010, 03:57:39 pm »

I think I've heard that, it has like 150 voices total.

Which is ridiculous.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2010, 04:10:51 pm »

I think I've heard that, it has like 150 voices total.

Which is ridiculous.
228 people. 1 song.
How they got that to sound decent I have no idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »

Yep that's a different one, I was thinking of this one.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2010, 05:05:29 pm »

It's live, too.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JAPANESE?!

I already listened to this song like fifteen times this week.
How can you not enjoy it?
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 05:12:07 pm »

Its all a lie to cover up the fact that he found it so amazing.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2010, 05:21:11 pm »

Probably just because it's Japanese.

I'm not a pop fan, definitely not a jpop fan, but it has a pretty nice vocal line.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7