Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65235 times)

Red_Rob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.10
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

I've already got a long list of spoilers describing the features of the mod in the first post. In example you can find the new kiln options under "balanced activities" (for flux production) and "more streamlined" (for new block reactions)
Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant was, are all the new workshop options, reactions and requirements listed in the game, or do i have to remember them? Like, when I [q]uery a Kiln do i get the option to make flux out of stones or blocks, and does it tell me how many bags i'll need?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.11
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2011, 09:31:58 pm »

0.11a Changes
+ Adjusted gem appearance as suggested by necro below:

Rubies, sapphires: Color too bright (should be dark red/blue, are bright red/blue)
Faint yellow diamond: color too bright (should be dark yellow, is bright yellow)in vanilla it's actually white for whatever reason. I'm leaving it bright yellow.
Black diamond: Color wrong (should be dark gray, is black. This is a problem as smoothed surfaces are the material-color-on-black, so smoothed walls and all floors will look like voids, and the gem item will usually be invisible against its background when mined out)
Black opals: color wrong (again, black is not a good color to use)
Green diamond: Color too bright (should be dark green, is bright green)I'm changing it back to dark green but are you sure it should be so dark? It's a precious gem!!
Emerald: Color too bright (should be dark green, is bright green)[/spoiler]

Did you make unprepared meat inedible? My fort nearly starved right now.
Meat, organ tissues, fat, seeds, all underground plants except plump helmets are inedible raw.

Edit2: Oh and they've just tried to trade me a barrel of shockwave. That would be a great name for cocktail  ;D
shockwave is a kind of "poison". you'd get used to seeing them soon enough.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant was, are all the new workshop options, reactions and requirements listed in the game, or do i have to remember them? Like, when I [q]uery a Kiln do i get the option to make flux out of stones or blocks, and does it tell me how many bags i'll need?
As with all custom reaction, the reaction option will show up only when you have the material for it, just like how soap making reaction work. The only reaction that's shown are smelting-related reactions. If you go to z-stone it'd show reactions associated with metal and you can view the reaction and it's required material count.

EDIT:
...Well, crap. I just started a new fort Wednesday after doing extensive work making several mods compatible with each other
Which mods did you try to put in? If they dont cause conflict of interest I'd see if I can provide support.

EDIT2:
Great job with the update!  A quick question though if you please.  When you ask for FD mod support in the .bat file, does that install it, or do are you required to do that yourself?
You first need to install FD yourself. I only provide the extra data needed to run FD properly.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:58:04 pm by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »

Faint yellow diamond: color too bright (should be dark yellow, is bright yellow)in vanilla it's actually white for whatever reason. I'm leaving it bright yellow.
You're confusing the semi-precious, value-30 pale yellow diamonds for the precious, value-40 faint yellow diamonds. Rare diamonds appear in clusters of faint yellows, not pale yellows, and faint yellows are dark yellow.

Green diamond: Color too bright (should be dark green, is bright green)I'm changing it back to dark green but are you sure it should be so dark? It's a precious gem!!
I was just pointing out what color they were by default, though aside from clear and yellow diamonds (the rare variety), all of the rare diamonds are the dark colors. Strange, perhaps, but true.

EDIT:
...Well, crap. I just started a new fort Wednesday after doing extensive work making several mods compatible with each other
Which mods did you try to put in? If they dont cause conflict of interest I'd see if I can provide support.
Let's see... I'm currently working with Intensifying Mod less the workshops, reactions, and materials, the Dwarven Higher Learning mod, the Blendec, Elephant, and Minotaur civs from Fortress Defense, a minor mod of my own devising for a bad free-wood workshop and reaction, and removed goblins. Most of the work doing the modding of my own was cutting out stuff and pasting other stuff in its place, switching around the FD mod's entities' active seasons, and fixing the remaining hostile civs so that they would use only one metal each (copper kobolds, iron blendecs, bronze elephants, and steel minotaurs). Oh, and I excised all ranged weapons except blowguns, which no civ except the animal men can use.

The combination... probably isn't anything you can easily add support for, to be honest.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2011, 10:09:10 pm »

You're confusing the semi-precious, value-30 pale yellow diamonds for the precious, value-40 faint yellow diamonds. Rare diamonds appear in clusters of faint yellows, not pale yellows, and faint yellows are dark yellow.
I see what you mean now. Updated.

The combination... probably isn't anything you can easily add support for, to be honest.
Ya, most of these require changes in the entity file... really cant help. On a side note, I've read through the higher learning mod before and this mod doesnt involve dwarves dying more often so I'm not supporting it  8)
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.11b
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 03:44:53 pm »

Erm, I'm using 0.10, so maybe you've already fixed that, but are you sure those assorted fruits should weight 1000 urists?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 10:56:06 pm »

Erm, I'm using 0.10, so maybe you've already fixed that, but are you sure those assorted fruits should weight 1000 urists?
Yes!! If for any circumstances you suddenly find that weight annoying, I do mean it to happen  8)

EDIT: I think I should mention that all plantable overland shrubs are heavy, not just assorted fruits.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:06:02 am by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

You know those large clusters are fun especially buzzard zerg rush. But considering fish, I believe you've went too far, those 70 milkfishes has caused me a slowdown of the same scale as 40 more dwarves. I believe underwater pathfinding mechanism isn't very good at the moment or something. Anyways what's the point of it? It's not like not-undead fish could cause much fun. And it's not like player could do much about that.
Maybe when my underwater balista battery will be finished I'll consider reverting to your settings, but for now not more than ten at the time.
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2011, 09:50:34 pm »

Those 70 milkfishes has caused me a slowdown of the same scale as 40 more dwarves.
You are getting river milkfishes or oceanic milkfishes? Cause I never do oceanic embark so IDK but from my personal experience with river milkfishes they are awesome. It's very fun trapping the whole school with a water drain trap and manage ridiculous amount of hauling and butchering/cooking jobs.

If it's giving too much fps issues then I'd definitely look into it. If you have a save handy that'd be very nice too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:52:16 pm by rephikul »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.12
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:40 am »

0.12 Changes
+ Inedible body parts and seeds will no longer rot.
+ Marked some components such as sinews or cartilages as meat. These new "meat"s can only be consumed by pets
+ Made large trainable creatures inedible and require a combination of meat consumption, alcohol consumtion, water and sleep depending on the creature.
+ Made ambush predators start out hidden.
+ Bronze colossus is now web immune.

=== War pets overhaul ===
+ Marked some body components such as sinews or cartilages as meat. These new "meat"s can only be consumed by pets.
+ Large canivores require meat
+ Elephants & poisonous pets require booze
+ Some require sleeping
+ Dragons & hydras require meat, booze and sleep
War pets are now more as a part of your civilization then mundane creatures and need substantial attention to keep them going. In regular context of vanilla DF, this might be wierd but in IM, it's quite necessary and overdue. Reason being the high amount of wildlife a fort can assimilate and set loose on sieges with little thought, making sieges actually damage less then random unlucky death to wildlife. That need to change and thus the introduction of pet maintenance. I hope this little tweak will cause more decisive fun then bog players down in management headaches. However, as with everything in this mod, I cannot predict every consequences from changes. Thus nothing is final and I'd appreciate any kind of feedback.

=== Removed some anti-clutter features ===
Well I added this awhile back. While it's handy sometimes when hair and cartilages such rot away in a season or two, for the most part you cannot configure the hauling jobs to such fine details and dorfs would either dump these anyway, or stockpile these (especially seeds) where they'd take forever to rot. I fear that tracking permuting objects such as these rotting bio material would consume too much FPS for its worth so I've removed the feature all together. Just pull that atom smash lever more often. If for any reason you find it useful, make your case heard and I'd consider it as an add-on.

Spoiler: Other rants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:09:09 am by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2011, 06:39:41 am »

You are getting river milkfishes or oceanic milkfishes?
It's ocean ones, sorry I don't have the save when they're on map, but my fort is very young, have 40 dwarves, not too much stone, and is regularly cleaned with dfhack, so I'm pretty sure it was them. I'll put those numbers back and upload save when next wave of them arrives.
Do undead share those settings with normal animals? Because 100-150  :o undead tunas could literally siege you. However I haven't seen any fine embark with evil ocean in last 20 worlds I generated.

Does it mean we'll need to haul them to trash compactors once again? Or we always had and now they just remain the same while we're doing it? (I hadn't paid much attention to refuse piles)
+ Made large trainable creatures inedible and require a combination of meat consumption, alcohol consumtion, water and sleep depending on the creature.
We now can't butcher elephants?  :'(
+ Elephants & poisonous pets require booze
Poisonous pets? Which are these?
+ Dragons & hydras require meat, booze and sleep
  :D I really like this one.

Reason being the high amount of wildlife a fort can assimilate and set loose on sieges with little thought, making sieges actually damage less then random unlucky death to wildlife.
You know, player can wall fort off and thus make siege damage only fps. And I although your deer are deadly (hate those bastards) in the wild I doubt they'll cause much casualties to well armed and grouped squad of goblins.

Also, I'd like to upgrade my current save, which raw files have you altered?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:49:38 am by Di »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2011, 07:02:57 am »

Do undead share those settings with normal animals? Because 100-150  :o undead tunas could literally siege you. However I haven't seen any fine embark with evil ocean in last 20 worlds I generated.
Highly likely, but those fishes are small anyway, a single kick would kill most of them. I'm thinking about either spawning less but larger version of them or with higher frequency

Does it mean we'll need to haul them to trash compactors once again? Or we always had and now they just remain the same while we're doing it? (I hadn't paid much attention to refuse piles)
It has always been like that in vanilla. I've recently experimenting with making those annoying stuff (sinews, nerves, seeds, etc) to rot so you dont have to atomsmash them but the hauling setting is very rigid so dwarves will either atom smash them anyway or put them into stockpiles where they take forever to rot. Either way the change didnt do what it's supposed to, and potentially slow down the game if it track rotting objects more then non-rotting ones so I removed it. I think I'd put this paragraph in the note.

We now can't butcher elephants?  :'(
you can still butcher jabberer and rutherer. I tried my best but it doesnt look like you can ever eat intelligent pet. That's why I had to compromise and only make changes to primarily combat pets.

Poisonous pets? Which are these?
scorpion, GCS, sea sephants (which's actually amphibious) and helmet snake. Slime can be considered poisonous but it's a special case so it only sleeps and eat nothing.

You know, player can wall fort off and thus make siege damage only fps. And I although your deer are deadly (hate those bastards) in the wild I doubt they'll cause much casualties to well armed and grouped squad of goblins.
If the players choose not to fight, they can have a lot of virtual pets to have fun with. If they fight, they get rid of the sieges and the extra mouths. It's fine either way, depending on the mentality.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2011, 01:26:42 pm »

If the players choose not to fight, they can have a lot of virtual pets to have fun with..
Players have always had a lot of virtual pets, they're called dwarves  :D

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2011, 06:34:16 pm »

This might be a problem with my efforts to combine this mod with others, but it also might be a problem with this mod itself. I've had some problems with Elk Birds apparently having uninitialized values for at least some of their stats. I first encountered difficulties when some elk birds walked into my fort, over a group of weapon traps, each of which had 10 steel discs of various quality in them, and then were attacked by my unbelievably strong legendary axedwarves armed with masterwork steel battle axes for over 80 pages of combat reports. Every single one of the attacks against the birds, including one where one of the birds fell 8 z-levels, glanced away and left them completely unscathed. I saved, then, left the game, and reloaded later, only to find that my soldiers' next few attacks worked properly against the things.

I encountered more elk birds later, and, again, my soldiers' attacks consistently glanced away from anything but their toenails, beaks, and horns until I saved, exited DF entirely, and then reloaded. It appeared to me that their skin was inconceivable tough on one game and normal the next, seemingly at random. That sounds to me like an uninitialized value someplace.

More recently, I learned that my main bonecarver had made totems from some elk bird skulls. The three of them made my created wealth overflow and go vastly negative, with the exceptional one having a value at close to negative 2 billion and the two masterworks being worth more than 2 billion each, putting my total created wealth at -198 million until I dropped them into the semi-molten rock to rid myself of them.

All told, I cannot be certain at this point if these effects were due to bad editing on my part or if they're something wrong with this mod, but I'd suggest you look into it. Randomly-invulnerable animals and wealth-overflow-causing byproducts are not good things.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2011, 06:58:47 pm »

Giving this a try! looks like something I want...and certainly has some no brainer improvements that should just be!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2011, 09:35:45 pm »

I've had some problems with Elk Birds apparently having uninitialized values for at least some of their stats.
Instead of [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS], they need STANDARD_IM_A_MATERIALS (or B,C,D depending on your taste) You can hot fix that yourself. I'd look through all creatures for similar issues just in case and release a patch later but right now I need to sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22