Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65204 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.NY
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011, 05:39:31 am »

This altar is being added to the game tomorrow. The reaction associated with it is "Artful Sacrifice". If anybody has any appearance suggestions or alternatives, feel free to state them.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.10
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:12 pm »

0.10 Changes
+ creature material overhauled
+ added reaction to make gem block at the kiln
+ added slime
+ added altar
+ removed tallow
+ adjusted equipment coverage
+ Tweaked crop to place more emphasis on booze variety requirement.

=== creature overhauled ===
+ No more pages of FB meat/fat/extract/soap/whatever
+ Non-tamable creatures got 2x material hardness on skin, fangs and claws
+ Semi mega beast got copper grade skin and steel grade fangs/claws.
+ Minotaurs is an exception and get spoiler grade horns. It'd also use both horns in one single attack now. Horn attack's syndrome change from puncture (weak) to rupture (b******t) This is to compensate to mino being smallest in size comparing to all other semis.
+ mega beast got bronze grade skin and spoiler grade fangs/claws.
+ leather product material untouched.
+ removed tallow
+ Most megabeasts are trap avoid and carry equipments
+ dragon now fly
+ bronze golem now regenerate, and regenerate very fast (got from hydra)
+ hydra now know how to deal with certain mortal weaponries such as bolts & spears but lost its naturally fast regen (gave to bronze golem)

It took ALOT of time to modify and make considerations for all creatures. I've tried my best to reduce the amount of object types used to generate creatures. To put it simply, what carry no dwarven significances are generic-alized. In example there're like 4 kinds of nails and claws for all creatures, but teeth, hooves and horns can still be identified by race. There're alot of wierd mashup and injection, 0.10 raw is a huge mess and likely error-ridden. If you see something which shouldnt be there or shouldnt act like it did, report it. Do note that leather products are not touched. There's no point in buffing creatures if you buff the drops also. It's not like, you know, wow.

The other major creature change is the megabeast buff. I want to make them more varied and encourage different stratergies against each. This is most obvious on the 3 major megabeasts: Dragons are "tricky". hydras are "offensive" and golems are "defensive"

=== New anti siege toys ===
+ added slime
+ added altar

I designed it after the bomb creature of FF series, but I think it ended up like the starcraft 2's baneling. The slime is an interesting beast. Pet, trainable and seldomly show up on the first cavern, this sack of green liquid is a literal bomb. It attack with its own internal acid which, unsurprisingly, cause incredible amount of pain, bleeding and rot over a large area. This is an one-shot attack however, as the creature also die in the process. Or die trying, whichever come first. It's up to you to figure out how to use it.

The altar is the second tool provided in this version. First of all can act as an artifact display case. Second, if temperature is off, its "artful sacrifice" converts gold bars into pools of deadly "unearthly manifestation" which lie around after the altar has been removed. If temperature is on, its "artful sacrifice" will release a cloud of "unearthly presence", drop some low grade gears of war and kill the praying dwarf. Escape is possible but  uncommon. Note that the dropped equipments can be improved if the praying dwarf has high skill in axe. I like to think as the dwarf did an ritual, danced with an ceremonial axe and summoned aids from his god to break the siege outside. The unearthly thingie thus represent Armok himself:
Spoiler: oops (click to show/hide)

=== Fun for mega builders ===
Added reaction to make gem block at the kiln. The gem blocks has always existed. There's no reasons not to tap onto it. I'm looking forward to masterword designs with diamonds from you guys soon :)

=== EDIT: Booze overhauled ===
+ 3 plantable underground booze, 2 plantable overland booze but one is in savage area and must be processed at the kitchen
+ 1 gather-only underground/overland booze and 1 gather-only overland booze

This change aim to make it harder to satisfy booze variety requirement. It's still possible to make do with only underground farming or only overland farming or only trade but it's probably more desirable to do all of them at once. Sweet pod is now gather-only and yield no seeds. All overland crops have been removed save for rope reed and sunberries but sun berries no longer yield seeds. Sugar cane has been added and replace whip wine as the savage overland crop. Sugar cane is a complex crop and its reactions are:
At kitchen, require brewing: 5 sugarcane + 1 barrel -> 1 barrel of 25 cachaca + 1 potash
At kitchen, require herbalism: 1 sugarcane -> 1 sugacane "seed" (billet)
At kitchen, require cooking: 1 sugarcane + 1 bag -> 1 bag with 5 rock candies

Spoiler: Other rants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:33:11 am by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

NeoShodan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2011, 06:25:33 pm »

Hi there, i noticed then when i made flux pouches at the kiln i lost the bags in the process, maybe you forgot the [PRESERVE_REAGENT] tag. Love the mod btw =D.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 12:13:52 am »

Hi there, i noticed then when i made flux pouches at the kiln i lost the bags in the process, maybe you forgot the [PRESERVE_REAGENT] tag. Love the mod btw =D.
It's intentional. It's not clearly written but one goal of the mod is to keep the players perpetually "poor" and encourage them to do as many things as possible. That's why I thought it's probably a nice idea for the steel industry to involve an another industry, leatherworking / cloth making to be precise.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 07:08:30 am »

This looks super nice, I think im going to try this for my next fortress.

If I also add fortress defense mod, will it give problems to phoebus pack?

Could you explain better the "option for manual blood splatter cleansing"? Its a new job for dwarves? Or a like menu option of sorts?
Too bad blood cant rot.

Also, this wouldnt conflict with dwarf therapist, right?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 07:14:18 am »

If I also add fortress defense mod, will it give problems to phoebus pack?
No. I also added some pointer so FD creatures are properly represented with graphics when used in conjunction with supported graphics packs.

Could you explain better the "option for manual blood splatter cleansing"? Its a new job for dwarves? Or a like menu option of sorts?
I added an alternative file in the "Optional files" folder, which, when used in the raw folder instead of the default file, blood, ichor and pus will boil at body temperature and will not stick to people.

Also, this wouldnt conflict with dwarf therapist, right?
Nope
I should add that I'm looking into the ordeal of having to copy so many files and folder by learning to script a more convenient .bat file
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:16:24 am by rephikul »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 10:48:56 pm »

Could you make a version with vanilla ASCII? That's the only thing keeping me from playing this. Bushes for coal isn't very smart (no offense).
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:10 pm »

Is this the problem? I do agree, it does look retarded.

Red_Rob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2011, 05:53:01 pm »

Hi, thinking of trying this mod but I would like some more info on how the different options are presented. Could you add some screen shots to the first post showing things like the new menu and Kiln options list?

Also, you've altered the number of bars required to make things. Is this documented or listed anywhere in or out of game?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:26 pm »

Hi, thinking of trying this mod but I would like some more info on how the different options are presented. Could you add some screen shots to the first post showing things like the new menu and Kiln options list?

Also, you've altered the number of bars required to make things. Is this documented or listed anywhere in or out of game?
I've already got a long list of spoilers describing the features of the mod in the first post. In example you can find the new kiln options under "balanced activities" (for flux production) and "more streamlined" (for new block reactions)
The change in the number of bars is done similar to that of 40d. While it isnt documented anywhere else, you can calculate it using the tables presented on the melt item page here. Basically the cost of bars is equal to roundup((melt value)/0.3). So in example, a breast plate (0.9) will need 3 bars, legging (0.5) and greaves (0.6) need 2 bars and caps (0.1) need 1 bar. I think I'd update these description to make them more clear when I pump .the next version out. My hands are kinda tied.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

I really like the anti-blood splatter mod. I'd been thinking of modding in creatures that didn't bleed but this also works.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.11
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2011, 08:37:52 am »

Reply to dark frag first:
I must be wierd cause I hate the no-blood fix. I love it when red goes everywhere and everyone rush to clean themselves after a blood bath. I just occasionally run the fix manually along with df clean, usually when it rain.

0.11 Changes
+ Added a .bat install helper
+ Adjusted ASCII graphics
+ Reduced all shrub's clustersize from 5 to 4
+ Removed dolomite and limestones from all other sedimentary layers

I actually planned no update this week but people were interested so here it is. This version mostly is to adjust the ASCII graphics and to try out the .bat file. I basically just open the old lazy new pack's .bat and learn the commands used there. Hope it wont fry anyone's computer. The other changes are minor and just precursor to the animal update I'm planning soonish, together with full support for Ironhand and Mayday. If you play with ASCII graphics, do try this out and tell me which part I did wrong and I'd update it as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:39:27 am by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »

Did you make unprepared meat inedible? My fort nearly starved right now.

Edit: Just now I've noticed a dwarf happily chomping some donkey meat. However I'm confused what caused all 20 dwarves go for vermin when there were 100 units of meat and 30 mushrooms in stockpile. There is one difference though, they've started starving when I used that blood template file. Strange

Edit2: Oh and they've just tried to trade me a barrel of shockwave. That would be a great name for cocktail  ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:38:08 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2011, 02:33:48 pm »

Great job with the update!  A quick question though if you please.  When you ask for FD mod support in the .bat file, does that install it, or do are you required to do that yourself?
Diggy diggy hole.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2011, 02:47:14 pm »

...Well, crap. I just started a new fort Wednesday after doing extensive work making several mods compatible with each other and finding a really, really nice site for my tastes as well, so I don't want to start another one to test to see if the ASCII version here has any problems. Maybe I'll just start up a fort and look around with reveal to see if there's anything obviously wrong with this version... Yeah, I'll do that, since I was one of the ones who complained about the disabled-tileset-graphical-problems thing.

Edit: I have finished surveying a map! For the most part, nothing was glaringly out of place as far as graphics go. No tiles were used that were obviously wrong, at least on a pristine, untouched map, and I don't think anything will probably be too bad on a finished fort. Most of the issues I did notice were fairly minor, but there is one that is more major.

Said more major problem is that you have used the color black for several tiles. I noticed that black diamonds and black opals were both black. This is a problem, because all floors, smoothed walls, fortifications, staircases, ramps, and open space (from the level above) all have for the main color the color of the material that they are made out of standing against a black background. So, if one were to smooth a black opal floor there would be a black + on a black background. In short, the tile would be pure black. It would look exactly the same if there was a smoothed black opal wall there, or a fortification, a staircase, or even if the floor was unsmoothed.

In addition, since items are also shown against a black background, if you mined out a black diamond you wouldn't be able to tell at a glance if it was there or not, since you'd have a black sun-sign-thing on a black background. In short, black is not a good color to use for foreground objects in ASCII. You might want to fix that.

Other problems I noticed were more minor, and just a matter of some precious gems being different colors than they normally would be. This is mostly an issue with rubies, sapphires, and the various diamonds, as they have other, more valuable gems in their clusters. For instance, in vanilla, a ruby cluster is dark red, but they sometimes have bright red star ruby embedded in them. That different color lets you see whether a tile is star ruby or not instantly, but since you've got rubies and star rubies the same bright red color, you can't in your mod. The same is true of star sapphires in sapphire clusters. And rare diamonds, including (bright yellow) yellow diamonds, show up in (dark yellow) faint yellow diamonds, so when you see a dark yellow gem cluster in a kimberlite vein with a single other-colored gem in it, you know you've got something good.

This issue is obviously significantly more minor, of course, and could probably be gotten used to more easily than the other, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, my notes from what specific oddities I saw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:25:58 pm by NecroRebel »
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22