Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65211 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.13
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2011, 03:22:47 am »

0.13 changes
+ Reduced size of oceanic fish schools and make them spawn more often.
+ Cooking nerfed, now only have stew (1 ingredient) and roast (2 ingredients)
+ Fixed material erros in hippo and elk bird
+ Ramped up underground creature's hostility
+ Reduced dog's agility to slightly above kobold's and greatly increased cheetah's agility
+ Jabberers no longer breed and rutherer's babies remain small longer.
+ Hit farming industry with a sledgehammer (see below)
+ Make sieges and thieves come sooner
+ Made organs pet-consumable only and made fat inedible.

Everything in the patch notes should be clear to everyone. Thanks to Di and necro for pointing out that issue. Thanks to the people in the poll thread (it's still going btw) and the people in the farming thread for your inspiration for the current version. I actually should have done more testing but since the material bug is quite fatal I cant help but trying to push out a new one ASAP. Since when i'm at it, might as well also release what's already implemented. It's rushed so this version contain many experimental implementation which might be impractical in the long run. Please give feedback on things you feel not right. I especially need data on arrival time of sieges, ambushes and thieves.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:06:36 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2011, 04:04:25 am »

Thanks for the update! Cant wait to test it out. can this safely just be placed over my .12 install?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:06:11 am by dennislp3 »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2011, 04:07:17 am »

Thanks for the update! Cant wait to test it out. can this safely just be placed over my .12 install?
yes but it probably wont work with old saves.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2011, 04:17:14 am »

no worries just abandoned a fort cause I didn't realize it was going to freeze...and my aquifier (water source) froze and I was screwed lol

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2011, 08:49:55 am »

Thanks!  I'm excited for the starvation!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2011, 09:16:13 am »

Thanks!  I'm excited for the starvation!
You must be kidding me!! I caged some giant lions earlier, forgot to free them after taming and 2 starved to death. It's nice that food is now more critical, but having to micro things isnt much so.

In case someone going to ask, I'm going to add more information to the description of modified creatures so it's clear which animal demand what. Right now it is a bit confusing at times, even for me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:20:12 am by rephikul »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.14
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2011, 10:18:15 am »

0.14 Changes
+ Roll function of sheriff and captain of the guard into exp leader and mayor respectively
+ exp leader & mayor now can lead a squad of his own just like the captain of the guards
+ Mayor no longer gives any mandates
+ Dungeon master can be appointed by exp leader, and has 5 mandates
+ Military leader now has 5 mandates
+ Chief medic & broker each has 3 mandates
+ Each captain & champion has 1 mandates
+ Adjusted animal requirements & updated their description to make it more clear.
+ Halved all traps's strength
+ Made picks 2 handed
+ Nerfed crossbows to be more on par with melee weapons.
+ Made bows 2handed & arrows heavier, expensive to make and very lethal.
+ Added an weak, sterile dwarven caste, the hunchbacks. They mature quick (6y) and have lifespan of 1-10 years.
+ Improved ironhand & mayday support

=== Nobles overhauled ===

+ Roll function of sheriff and captain of the guard into exp leader and mayor respectively
+ exp leader & mayor now can lead a squad of his own just like the captain of the guards
+ Mayor no longer gives any mandates
+ Dungeon master can be appointed by exp leader, and has 5 mandates
+ Military leader now has 5 mandates
+ Chief medic & broker each has 3 mandates
+ Each captain & champion has 1 mandates

And dungeon keeper is back. I've tweaked the noble system so as the player expand in functions he'd have to face with more mandates. All the core nobles can be set at will however, so there's no excuses.

=== Animal touched again ===

With the reintroduction of the dungeon master, many strong animals are made exotic. The description of these animals are also updated, hinting at their behavior and whether or not they need a dungeon master.

=== Weapons touched ===

+ Halved all traps's strength
+ Made picks 2 handed
+ Nerfed crossbows to be more on par with melee weapons.
+ Made bows 2handed & arrows heavier, expensive to make and very lethal.

All of these changes, save for the bow changes, are made so melee dwarves triumph everything else as it's the most dangerous career path. The bow change... well let's just say I tried to add a BFG which ultimately came out to be a harpoon gun, and then renamed mini-balista but that cause problems with hunters so it ended up being a large bow. The new bow is an excellent megabeast killer if you can afford the cost and manage troop mix up well. Crossbows are still effective against common enemies, but it's no longer a catch-all weapon.

=== Dwarves nerfed ===

+ Added an weak, sterile dwarven caste, the hunchbacks. They mature quick (6y) and have lifespan of 1-10 years.

These guys I got the idea from reading the dwarf mutant thread. I love these guys. They are the perfect reminders of "IM is a harsh, cold mod" ideology. Not only by mixing them up  with your regular dwarves (they are like 9.090909% population on average) with weaken your fort as a whole; as they die quickly naturally anyway (more then half wont even live past childhood) this'd encourage the player to spend their dwarves more generously. Maybe today they'd think "I'd only let these hunchies die!!" but once you have committed dwafnocide, you'd do it again and hopefully, before they know it, they'd spend half of their time marking slabs for engraving.

Do note that there's a glitch with age calculation causing hunchy adult immigrants showing up with ages less then they should be. This mean many cant wear armor (supposedly).

=== Improved compatibility ===

+ Improved ironhand & mayday support

By "improve" it means "full support"!! Finally, the ironhand/mayday support patch!! Try IM in ironhand or mayday and report any issues you notice. I'd update it as soon as I notice.

Spoiler: Other rants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:32:05 am by rephikul »

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2011, 08:54:53 am »

You should make a "light" version that simply aims to help with FPS (no clothing, etc).  :)
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2011, 09:34:31 am »

You should make a "light" version that simply aims to help with FPS (no clothing, etc).  :)
It's easy to make yourself, just remove a couple of lines.

I actually like where this mod goes :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:23 am »

I wanted to ask: what is the "workaround" to people with no full armor? Do you mean the FORCED?

Also why do your greaves have LAYER_SIZE of 12 but only 4 of layer permitted size?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2011, 10:09:54 am »

I'll consider it. I believe necrorebel has expressed similar idea. Some features, such as clothings or bodyparts, cant be easily pinned and may not work if people mix mods tho.

I wanted to ask: what is the "workaround" to people with no full armor? Do you mean the FORCED?

Also why do your greaves have LAYER_SIZE of 12 but only 4 of layer permitted size?
I dont what you mean with your first question but for the 2nd question, permit size is only checked against other items so it can be anything and the item can still be equipped.

EDIT: I'd be more elaborate: There are 3 lower body pieces, greaves, leggings and pants. However as greaves and leggings are both shaped, they are mutually exclusive and can be considered the same on permit. There are 2 things I want to do with the pants: 1st greaves are too heavy (heavier then breast plates) and I want to reduce that, which mean reducing its layer size. 2nd I want the player to be able to equips a lot of pants if he forgo the greaves, kinda balancing it out. As pants are made of light material to begin with and unless it's artifact it'd almost always weight 1 anyway so it doesn't matter if I reduce it alot and tweak it until a nice balance of pant size and greaves size is reached. In current version of IM, pant size is 2 over 18 permit and greaves size is 12 over 4 permits. Which mean the player can wear 1 greaves with 2 pants (identical to vanilla DF) or 10 pants (new in IM). Morever, greaves weight is also less, it's between mail shirt weight and breast plate weight now IIRC.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:17:28 am by rephikul »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2011, 10:25:17 am »

I was asking about this:
+ Adjustments have been made to walk around a vanilla DF bug which prevents creatures to spawn will full armors. As a result, enemies are alot harder to kill.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2011, 10:35:28 am »

I was asking about this:
+ Adjustments have been made to walk around a vanilla DF bug which prevents creatures to spawn will full armors. As a result, enemies are alot harder to kill.
Since the game will pad normal clothes onto bodyparts where it doesnt put armor on, I made clothing-class versions of armors to fool it.
Spoiler: Oh, right (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:38:22 am by rephikul »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »

I'll consider it. I believe necrorebel has expressed similar idea. Some features, such as clothings or bodyparts, cant be easily pinned and may not work if people mix mods tho.
I had indeed expressed interest in a mod that just consolidated body parts with redundant functions into one another. I've actually thought about doing such a mod myself, but I haven't had time to learn how to do body part mods, much less actually do it.

I think that you could make a more compatible consolidated-body-parts mod than your version here by not actually eliminating the redundant body parts but rather just making them do nothing. For instance, you've totally removed all reference to the 5FINGERS body part, since those parts aren't actually needed for anything, and removed that entry entirely. I don't see why you couldn't just leave the creature entries the same (including leaving in those references) but just change the entry for that part in body_default from:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So those totally-redundant body part plans are still present, but don't actually add any body parts.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2011, 12:38:04 pm »

The first reason being nails are added onto fingers in creature's raw as a sub tissue. Then the scratch attack has a convoluted pointer: use nail sub tissues of all child bodyparts of hands to attack, literally. Second reason being you cannot leave an empty body part definition so I just did away with fingers all together. There's still a back up finger definition list tho, currently used to allow compatibility with FD. It's called body_IM_FDBP.txt in the FD support folder. In that list instead of making 5 fingers I just make a large "fingers" and make it as large as 5.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22