Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 29970 times)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 08:56:53 am »

OK, switched you guys. mainiac is now at pole position followed by Hyo in 1430. For me frankly the date I get to play doesn't matter so if anyone(Muz for instance) wants to play an earlier period then I can swap with them.

I'm locking the poll since way more people are voting than have declared partaking. I we'll just play with all nations allowed.

Is this for EU3 Complete & the Heir to the Throne expansion, or just EU3 Complete?  If it's the former, I'd like to play. If its the latter, I don't think my install would be compatible...

We are playing without HttT since I noticed not many people own it, sorry. I would be surprised if there wasn't a way to install the game without the expansion, since you have to have all the previous ones.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:02:22 am by Toady Two »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 09:10:18 am »

I'll take the next open spot as, uh... Prussia, then. Good ol' Prussia. Hopefully I can get the game before then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 11:21:01 am »

There is no Prussian nation to begin with in EU3, it must be formed by one of the German nations after the reformation has begun.

Getting a nation formed would be a pretty interesting goal for a 30year period.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Form_kingdom_of_prussia

You have no guarantee that the AI will manage to form Prussia before your turn so you are better off reserving one of the nations that is likely to pull it off and do it yourself. Historically, IIRC Prussia was formed by Brandenburg with aid from remnants of the Teutonic Order .

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 06:45:42 pm »

Okay, I need to play from a while back to be able to turn the save over at the October 1429 starting date.  So depending on how much time I can do tonight, I'll hopefully be done tonight, but maybe tomorrow.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 06:53:21 pm »

.. lol, you played over the time limit? You maniac, you.

In any case, now I have to contend between Japan and Ming to play... *hmm*.;..

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »

Well, when I originally played, I was just playing on my own, so I didn't know there would be a time limit.

Also, point of interest, I'm starting in 1402 instead of 1399 because that makes the Byzantine situation a bit easier.  I'll still finish in 1429.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »

Can I not reserve a nation?

Just sorta pick one that looks cool at the time?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 08:51:20 pm »

Just to give you guys a taste of what I'm cooking, here's a map of the revived Roman empire at the start of 1409.  It's interesting to note that the history states that historians talk about the "minor" Ottoman Jihad against Byzantium from 1407-1408 during which the Romans reclaimed Bithynia, Bursa, Anatolia, Smyrna, Konya, Antalya, Macedonia, Edirne, Nis, Burgas, Bulgaria and Silestria.

All in all, it's been a busy 7 years.  It's really fun to play with a time limit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:56:29 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 08:53:00 pm »

Well, Brandenburg, then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 01:12:22 am »

Can I not reserve a nation?

Just sorta pick one that looks cool at the time?

Sure you can.
Well, when I originally played, I was just playing on my own, so I didn't know there would be a time limit.

Also, point of interest, I'm starting in 1402 instead of 1399 because that makes the Byzantine situation a bit easier.  I'll still finish in 1429.

You turn is supposed to end January 1st 1430
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:20:14 am by Toady Two »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 01:30:56 am »

Well, it's a couple years early but this seems like a good time to turn it over....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The 36 year of Manuel II Palaiologos was an amazing rebirth for the Roman Empire.  Reduced to a pair of enclaves in Morea and the city itself when he took over, it has regained territories lost for five centuries and even driven back into the middle east, securing the cities of Jerusalem and Alexandria for Christiandom once more.  The Roman Empire does not yet have a comfortable grip over it's Turkish and Bulgarian subjects, but it is once again one of the strongest nations of Europe, the rival of France or Castile.  The Roman economy is still reeling from the ravages of nine centuries of religious war and the nation is still somewhat backwards but the rebuilding has begun.  Roman culture, faded to little more then a memory is now coming back with gusto, with the brillient gilded iconography of the renovated Hagia Sophia being the envy of Europe and the magnificent splendor of the elaborate barracks at the Thessalian March became a symbol of renewed Roman military vigor.  A fortunate as he was as emperor, Manuel was cursed to be the last of the Palaiologos lineage.  Although he had six sons, three were lost in the wars, two were struck down by illness and his final son and heir was lost in a tragic accident only a few years before the fathers death.  In the end, Manuel had to adopt a stranger into the family and give him the Palaiologos name so as to safeguard the future of the empire.  It was said that Manuel never smiled again after that day, his face frozen in sorrow like a marble statue, thus giving birth to the legend of the "Marble Emperor".  It was said that Manuel did not die, but instead God granted him rest for a time so he could forget the pain of his loss.  But the Marble Emperor waited for the day when he would return to life and save the Roman Empire once more in it's hour of greatest need.

OOC: Things slowed down a bit after I was down after the first war with the Ottomans, mostly because it's hard to maintain that level of micromanagement with a large empire.  I was able to reclaim all existing cores and a few more territories but it was hard slogging doing so.  At one point, I was at war with the entirety of North Africa and at another point I had a whole uber Timurid empire gunning for me but fortunately, the sultan died and the succession crises weakened them.  While I didn't do everything possible, for instance taking back Southern Italy or westernize, I've got the empire as one of the strongest countries in the world and not facing any dangerous neighbors.  So I think odds are pretty good that they'll survive the rest of the game.  Point of interest, Manuel died without an heir but the local noble who succeeded him just happened to have the same dynastic name.

Save: https://sites.google.com/site/theamazingjex/eu3-image/Handover.eu3?attredirects=0&d=1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:33:27 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 05:17:53 am »

What version of EU3 do you have? I can't seem to be able to load up the save.

It's Hyo's turn now.If he can get it to work then we will move on.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:19:24 am by Toady Two »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 06:58:25 am »

Heir to the throne.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 07:48:28 am »

Eu 3 Complete doesn't include Heir to the Throne...

Alright, I thought I posted this clearly but apparently not.

So that your effort doesn't end up wasted I'll set up a second turn list for people with that expansion. There are some people that said they would partake if their install was compatible.

To all players: post whether you are going to play Eu3:IN version 3.2 or Eu3:Heir to the Throne version whatever. There are going to be two separate timelines for the two different versions of the game.

Hyo, if you are playing EU 3 complete then go ahead and start playing 1399.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 07:55:32 am »

I'm playing Europa Complete. Httt costs extra money and doesn't even support the best mods :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15