Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210721 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what i read it will get the 122 as well... but teh tank itself will have shit stats all over.
Bad gun depression.
KV-2 levels of mobility.
20 second reload... all the fun stuff.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also the T6 KV-1S will recieve a 100mm gun, which, if preliminary supertest stats are anything to go by will be even more broken than the 122mm is now. It'll have 170 pen and about 8 RoF with 250 damage per shot, giving it stupidly high DPM, making it much better than any of its peers.

Ehhh. First off, that cannon is almost identical to the M6's 90mm. 10 more pen, 10 more damage, slower aimtime and much worse APCR. That's not gamebreaking. Secondly, the tank now has -3 gun depression (that is disgustingly bad), lost a lot of its speed (43 top speed -> 34 top speed, lost .7 hp/ton), loses more of its accuracy when moving around, and lost some of its frontal armor. It won't be nearly as good as it was.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In any case, the upcoming patch is splitting the KV-1S, so if you want an extra tank/garage slot make sure you have it before the patch hits (in about 3-4 weeks). Also the T6 KV-1S will recieve a 100mm gun, which, if preliminary supertest stats are anything to go by will be even more broken than the 122mm is now. It'll have 170 pen and about 8 RoF with 250 damage per shot, giving it stupidly high DPM, making it much better than any of its peers.

Oh well, atleast it'll give us the T49 which will be a T8 scout with a 150mm derpgun :D

Both things are good news. The 1S was OP by almost anyone's standards, and the new tank will be welcome. Considering the tank that it's based off of, the M551 Sheridan, I expect that it will have almost no armor and get ammoracked/set on fire all the time (wikipedia article), since it had aluminum armor and defective shells littering the inside of the tank sometimes.

Edit: Am I the only person that likes the B1? It bounces almost EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:35:20 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

and the new tank will be welcome. Considering the tank that it's based off of, the M551 Sheridan,

The T49 Is not based off the Sheridan, it's the Walker Bulldog up-gunned with a 90mm gun, the turret upgrade is the prototype Sheridan turret stuck onto the Walker Bulldog.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The gun on it is one thing... the real question is what kind of ammo its going to get?
I mean if it gets AP worth a damn its a terror. If if gets HE it's still damn scary to meet.
And if the gold round is heat then... yeah.
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Stats are already available for the gun.

Code: [Select]
Top gun: 152mm Gun-Launcher XM81
Penetration: 76/152,4/76 (HE/HEAT/gold HE, gold HE shells have larger blast radius it is assumed)
Damage: 910/700/910
DPM with HEAT: 1825
Aim time: 4s
Accuracy: 0,6
Depression: -10

However those are supertest stats so might be different.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it gets to have 2 types of gold ammo? Interesting. Also it looks that it's going to be a goldspammer tank. the heat can go through the sides/rears of most tier 8-10 heavies unless it gets stopped by spaced armor/tracks... it's a faster KV-2 with better premium ammo at tier 8-10. it jsut can't be bad and if its bad it will be likely fun anyway.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

But the 1S will still be a shit platform with a great gun. Though now, the gun will become much more reliable in exchange for an even shittier platform.

In any case, the T49 will be a feast or famine kind of tank imho, mostly because the 152 has terrible soft stats, tho the gun depression is pretty swish. It will have an alternative 90mm which seems much more reliable and on par with what the other T8 scouts pack. Also one of them, not sure if the T7 or the T8 scouts has a gun which fires HESH as regular ammo.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

The IS-3 is surprising me with how incredibly fragile its ammo rack is

Seems like every other game I blow sky high from a frontal shot

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Now I'm remembering why I stopped playing. Near-constant unavoidable packet loss because of those shitty companies that manage the connections which WG's (among other game devs) NA servers rely on. :/

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats really unfortunate. Seems to happen to people on the west coast - are you in that direction? I get really bad packet loss too, but I can blame my ISP for that one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Nah, south-east. IIRC it's even the same company that's responsible for the LoL NA server occasionally becoming unplayable. Someone with more network knowledge than me has done a lot of diagnostic work, and it always gets hung up at the same point of connection for one of those backbone ISPs.

That's the conclusion I've reached, at least, because literally every other game I play online has perfect stability and tends to average at 40-100 ping rather than 200-600 ping and constant lagspikes. :/

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm... Yeah it seems US server has gotten much, much better events and missions for at least the past year or so. Ours are always something like "kill 50 Jap tanks in a week, win medium ventilation".  :P

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, a lot of them are really bad. Stuff like "put in two hours of work for a month, get a t5 prem. If you miss more than two days your prize is void". We also have next to no contests. For comparison, EU has had 15 contests this year, while NA has had 0. Plus all the shit that comes with being the smallest of the three major servers (sorry sea). Its true though, we do get better specials generally, although that has really slowed down as of late. I'd take actual contests over most of our "better" specials, though.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:41:42 pm by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 251