Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210705 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think all the lines take exactly the same amount of XP, so there is never an explanation why line X is +/- 2% total xp from line 2. WG just plugs in numbers, sometimes randomly.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes but still... you have 2 essentially identical tanks and one if for some odd reason more expensive to research. Sure teh 6k exp seems to be chump change when compared to the entire grind but it's still 6-14 games... and why? is it better then the T-62A? Doubt it since those tanks are basically clones.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, yeah, the 140 is better than the 62a (at least for the majority of players). I dont know, never thought about it nor do I really care that one is 6k more. Maybe they know a player is likely to unlock the first one they can afford and want to guide players into the 62a?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well Obj 140 has a slightely worse turret with 2 somewhat exposed coupolas but gets 1 extra degree of gun depression. The T-62A on hteo ther hand has only 4 degree of depression (i think) but its turret has only one coupola... and it's covered behnd several observation devices that act as extra armor.

Then there's the Obj 430 but it's apparently the worst of the lot.
Self promotion below.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obj 140 is faster with better on-the-move accuracy, better hull armor, slightly smaller stature, better camo and an extra degree of depression. T-62A has better stationary accuracy, better turret armor, and is more agile. The Obj 430 has the best camo and the best hull armor of the three, but is much worse in almost every other category except speed.

Obj 140 is the best for most people because the data says its the best, not much to argue against there. The 62A is preferred by a small group who can leverage that turret armor (the 62a's turret is incredible) game after game. The 430 is legitimately bad.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:49:33 am by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The 430 isn't entirely bad, it's just worse than the other two because it trades off firepower to gain a negligible amount of protection. The 140 is generally better than the 62A because it's more mobile (even if it's less agile), has the same firepower and even though the turret is worse on paper, not many people seem to know that, and when they do, hitting it reliably isn't always an easy task.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im not sure if the protection is even there. The 430's turret is by far the worst of the three, and the shoulders are overmatched by anything bigger than a 120mm. Even compared to things like the Leo 1 and STB it's pretty bleh, let alone the 50M/140/62A/BC. I admit it edges out the FV4202, but then you have the Pattons and I don't even know if it's even as good as those.

On the other hand the 430 is the one that's being buffed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:28:21 am by Rex_Nex »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing about hull protection and tier 10 medums... it's note even worth it. they have like only between 100 and 120 frontal hull armor. It's pretty well sloped but that's still only around 200-225 of effective  armor when angled (and you can't really angle them too much due to the weak sides)... and that kind of armor only stops light tanks and tier 8 heavies.

THen again i bounced 3 shots in a row against a T-62A like... 2 days ago while playing the Ferdi... and was not even angled. One was even flush side and somehow disapeared (I assume it hit his tracks and didn't touch the hull).

Had a cool game in WZ-131 so obviously i'm going to share... as usual.
http://wotreplays.com/site/1079229#self
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:24:20 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I thought this was just a casual p2w game before, but after seeing both of my polish cousins and their father play the game, I changed my mind.
This is addicting, fun and actually has some depth.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Yeah it's pretty good.

Apparently next month there is going to be M24 Chaffee racing, must be to celebrate the new scout stuff coming next patch or sommit?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Well I thought this was just a casual p2w game before, but after seeing both of my polish cousins and their father play the game, I changed my mind.
This is addicting, fun and actually has some depth.
WoT nerds are probably some of the nerdiest videogame nerds you will ever see.
So yes it's pretty deep.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I would personally argue that EVE players are a fair bit nerdier. Said as an ex EVE player.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not to mention a fair bit goonier.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not to mention a fair bit goonier.

TBH when i looked at the bin at WoTlabs and peoples reactions to various less than popular posts i'm pretty convinced that that place is pretty damn goony as well.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Fairly certain those guys have a clan. I know reddit does, not sure about 4chan.

In any case, the upcoming patch is splitting the KV-1S, so if you want an extra tank/garage slot make sure you have it before the patch hits (in about 3-4 weeks). Also the T6 KV-1S will recieve a 100mm gun, which, if preliminary supertest stats are anything to go by will be even more broken than the 122mm is now. It'll have 170 pen and about 8 RoF with 250 damage per shot, giving it stupidly high DPM, making it much better than any of its peers.

Oh well, atleast it'll give us the T49 which will be a T8 scout with a 150mm derpgun :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 251