Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211129 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2760 on: November 02, 2013, 12:39:49 am »

Know what the best part about the free tanks is? The garage slot and 150,000 payout you get when you immediately sell the damn thing.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2761 on: November 02, 2013, 07:14:47 am »

Know what the best part about the free tanks is? The garage slot and 150,000 payout you get when you immediately sell the damn thing.

Eh I'm not selling it yet, I still have like 3 tank slots free at the moment and more about to open up once I finish the pz3/4 and marder 2. (Re eliting marder 2 since they added link to the arty tree from it)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: November 02, 2013, 08:50:08 am »

I never hurt for tank slots and I always regret it when I sell tanks I have no way of getting back again. I've sold a couple of the premium tanks given for previous things(I could potentially get them back for cash) and regretted it. Even if I rarely use it, I like it there, it's a cute little tank, and could be fun to play around with someday, when not everyone is driving them around.

But yes, they did essentially just give everyone a free garage slot. They seem to like to do that when they add significant numbers of tanks to the tree. The tank to go along with it was just an extra little gift, for which, I'm very appreciative

EDIT: I just got the BL-9 gun for the ST-I and Oh My God does it make a difference. Might have just gotten lucky but the first shot I took with it penned an E 100 from the front. I feel like I can actually participate in battle now rather than be an incredibly large, heavy and slow, although mildly durable scout. (My radio was awesome, though.) The 122 mm D-2(-)5T gun that you get back on the KV-1S was amazing... for a tier 6 or 7 gun... by tier 9 it loses basically all effectiveness... besides, I'd been using that same gun on the KV-1S, the KV-3, KV-4, and the IS... I was ready for a change.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:31:37 am by sluissa »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: November 02, 2013, 09:41:12 am »

Hey that american 2 lolwagon is actually kinda funny.

It's a Panzer c without the top speed and one tier lower and a more trollish gun.

Now the LTP on the other hand...
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: November 02, 2013, 09:45:49 am »

True... the LTP isn't that great.... but I found a use for it... extra russian barracks slots. :D

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: November 02, 2013, 09:08:46 pm »

Posting to follow cause tanks.  That's all really.... oh and that my t-34 is my most favourite tank ever.  Sniper medium with 2second reload is awesome.
Nom nom nom

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: November 02, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »

Posting to follow cause tanks.  That's all really.... oh and that my t-34 is my most favourite tank ever.  Sniper medium with 2second reload is awesome.

You should try the KV-1.
It can use the same gun and gets crazy good armor for its tier.
Better yet the rear armor is almost as good as the front armor WITHOUT having the weakspots.

Not to mention the matchmaking abominations that come after it KV-1Sport especially.
Self promotion below.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: November 06, 2013, 05:58:36 am »

I am really starting to thoroughly despise the M6

I'm trying so hard to convince myself that it's actually a bloody good tank and I'm just shite with it, but the more I play it, the more it feels like a massive downgrade from my T1

It probably doesn't help that the grand majority of my rounds in the bloody thing are tier eight for some godforsaken reason

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: November 06, 2013, 06:59:20 am »

Thats because good american heavy tanks start at tier 7 everything before it is junk meant to be trampled by KV-1 and its offspring.
I have no idea how you can even try to sidescrape with 40 mm of armor on the side and huge gaping holes on the front that most guns at its tier will go through because its unangled... and you can't angle it because your side has a hopping 40 mm of armor..
Self promotion below.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: November 06, 2013, 09:12:44 am »

The only really effective way I found to play the M6 was from the back of a pack of other tanks. It's just tall enough it can shoot over a lot of other tanks and the 90mm gun, while not really all that great in any other respect, does have decent accuracy. The only time you can even sort of rely on your armor is when you're top tier in a match. If that's not the case, you're stuck in a support role. Either hide behind some other tanks, or use your decent speed(for a heavy) to try to outflank the enemy and hope they don't see your whale of a tank coming.

Again, it's another set of problems with two tanks on the tech tree which were essentially the same tank (with minor differences because they were development models only) in real life, and also that fact that none of them actually saw combat.

I do feel sorry for you, it is one of the tougher grinds I went through on this game. I managed to get through, but I still haven't taken on the T29... The M6 experience made me a little wary of the American heavies even though I've heard in the past that the T29 is a very good tank.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: November 06, 2013, 12:20:47 pm »

Should have went trough the Jumbo, much better armour and slightly worse guns. Tho it has the disadvantage of forcing you to grind the 90mm on the T29 which will be hell.

The T29 tho, when fully upgraded (which doesn't take long since you get most stuff from before leaving you only with the gun and engine) is quite easily the strongest T7 tank, especially scary when facing lower tiers since then its front becomes quite formidable.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: November 06, 2013, 12:37:37 pm »

I think I did the grind back before the jumbo route was not an option. If that's a path now, go for it, definitely. The jumbo can be a pleasure to play, best of the M4 series,  sure.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: November 15, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »

Heres some screenshots for you... Sorry about the size.  :)

Spoiler: Some screenshots... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:52:13 pm by Erkki »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: November 15, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »

Yeah, the T29 is a bloody brilliant tank once you get it kitted out. The side armor is fairly thin for the tier, but the frontal hull armor is pretty good, with only a single weak point, and the side armor is thin enough to be able to angle. The real beauty, though, is the turret. The sides and rear are also rather thin, but the front of the turret is a fucking rock. Basically nothing you face can put an AP round through the front of your turret, and the commander's cupola is absolutely tiny and nearly impossible to hit. If you're hull-down and facing the enemy, basically nothing except arty can hurt you.

On top of that, it's got decent speed and a very nice top gun. Fair warning, though, the early grind on it is painful, because the first gun is absolute shit and the tank itself is a massive target. It's very much a passive sniper type when you aren't top-tier: hang back hull-down and pick shots. If you're near/at the top of the food chain, though, angling your hull will let you bull through most enemies. I had a match recently where I went head-to-head alone against an IS-2, a Churchill VII, and an ARL 44, and came out on top.

The T32, on the other hand, is almost identical, but really doesn't work as well because (once again), it's the same tank transplanted to a higher tier.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: November 15, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »

I still prefer my JagdPanther to the T29 though, since I like being able to deal lots of damage.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 251