Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211123 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2745 on: October 05, 2013, 02:04:52 pm »

Togs are actually relatively easy to pen with a KV-2 since the frontal armor is barely better than the one on KV-1.
http://wotreplays.com/site/371945#self
Oh and have a repelay i mentioned earlier featuring me penning a TOG and a Tiger(P) literally a minute later.
The action starts 9 minutes before the timeout (shortly after fording the river)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:12:26 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2746 on: October 05, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »

On a side note, reading todays FTR post. http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/10/05/5-10-2013/

Also, SerB wanted to make historical battles before cybersports, but he was outvoted on that.

Due to stuff like this(well that and his attitude towards the loudmouths), I'm starting to gain a real appreciation for SerB, people seem to not like him or his attitude but I dunno, he seems alright.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:55 am »

Spoiler: biggish image (click to show/hide)

I caught me a unicorn!

And my KV-2 finally gets the elite status it deserves, it has been a good night, especially towards the final thousand XP, I had the opportunity to one-shot a Pershing and it was absolutely beautiful, poor guy never saw it coming

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 07, 2013, 07:16:39 am »

Aww man... i'm like 18k away from it.
Maybe just MAYBE higher tier SPGs don't suck as hard as the lower tiers after the nerf.
Self promotion below.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 07, 2013, 08:24:58 am »

Maybe just MAYBE higher tier SPGs don't suck as hard as the lower tiers after the nerf.

I'm finding that it is definitely worth the effort, it's so much less painful than the lower tier artillery, it's nice to actually be able to hit something and cause a significant amount of damage, even if that damage is only splash damage

I look forward to getting it fully kitted out and the crew all trained up
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:37:31 am by Habbadax »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: October 10, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

Welp there goes about 5 million credits.

IS-8 Acquired.

Kinda left pondering what to do with IS-3 now, however. On one hand its done, its elited and I can't really justify driving it in pub matches anymore since its not a money maker. On the other had, though, I've heard its good for tank companies or sommit and I dunno If I'd be crippling myself further down the line if I ever got interested in such at hing. (Which I probably won't, admittedly)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:42:34 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »

Killing a T28 prot in 1 penetrating hit from full health with a GW panther is hilarious. Getting a city map, having the 3 or 4 shots you have time for before your crappy team fails and leaves you defenseless miss despite being fully aimed and then dieing to the first tank to spot you is not.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 10, 2013, 06:44:50 pm »

Welp there goes about 5 million credits.

IS-8 Acquired.

Kinda left pondering what to do with IS-3 now, however. On one hand its done, its elited and I can't really justify driving it in pub matches anymore since its not a money maker. On the other had, though, I've heard its good for tank companies or sommit and I dunno If I'd be crippling myself further down the line if I ever got interested in such at hing. (Which I probably won't, admittedly)

Well if you're halfway decent with it it should break even or turn a small profit in most cases (and with the IS-3 being a damn good tank that shouldn't be too hard), so if you find it fun keep it and play it whenever you feel like. I've sold many T8 tanks after I've elited them and honestly I can see the temptation in selling them (especially if you're short on garage space and cash) but T8 is also one of the most fun tiers there is and I end up rebuying some of them just to play them for fun.
Though that's much more oftenly the case with T6 and T7 tanks which are also incredibly fun and mostly balanced.

That said, I really ought to buy the Jpanther again sometimes soon, that thing is awesome.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 10, 2013, 07:25:56 pm »

Well 6k exp till the unicorn so i might just get it tomorrow... if i burn my 10k of free experience on it.

I'm laso around 25k away from eliting the KV-!S but i'm not really fond of this tank now... gonna wait for the buff next patch.

Grabbed the S-51 just now.

First of all... OH MY GOD the fireing arc! It's worse than russian gun depression.

Game 1 Karelia - Missed everything for the duration of the game (and i fired quite a few shells) in spite of being fully aimed (and the shots missed so badly that the splash damage was completely nullified). Managed to somehow hit and kill a hummel at the end.

Game 2 Serene coast - Directly hit a AMX 12t the gunner yelled direct hit but the shell failed to penetrate netting me 400 damage done for this game since the other enemy tanks used the trenches to get to me there was no way i could hit them.

Game 3 Live Oaks - Managed to hit a heavy tank twice. One hit caused 300 damage and started a fire. the other did 250 damage before our team failed in the city and i had to hide. The tank i hit later capped our base.

So yeah SPGs are still crap and hopefully the second gun fixed some of its issues.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:44:26 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 11, 2013, 01:38:11 pm »

Really? 'Cause I've found that it's kinda terrifyingly accurate, though it might help that I dropped the credits for crew training right off the bat

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 11, 2013, 02:10:36 pm »

I hate being among the first to die.
The waiting time for the round to end is too long.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 11, 2013, 03:02:53 pm »

You can always exit the match before the end with no penalty other than facepalming at stupid shit some of the players inevitably do.

Also the S-51 had a shitty stock gun even before it was nerfed into the dirt. The second gun though, for all its poor accuracy, slow reload and other teribbleness is still able to do godlike damage (which had the S-51 dubbed the finger of god back in beta since it was one of two T6 arties at the time (the other one being SU-14)).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 12, 2013, 08:57:53 am »

Aaand another great game in S-51.

Live oaks - Most of the team goes to town while a handfull of scouts decide to go south.
Obviously i decided to support the scouts.
ISU-152 aiming aiming aiming... fire and the shot goes wide.
One of the scouts dies and i lose sight of the SU.

The other scout spots a Ferdinand so i begin aiming while i'm reloading.
reloading reloading FIRE!
The shot goes wide again.

The last scout dies and i know there is no way in hell i can run away so i switch to town my team was happily owning.
And there ya go a IS!
Aiming aiming aiming FIRE!
MISS! 12 damage done.

And then a IS-3 (one that went through the railroad) spotted me and poped my SPG one shot.

The good thing about this game?
My shot also took down the threads of that IS so i got 1200 assist damage in addition to 12 personal damage.

That's it i'm going to write a silly post on the EU forums about it.
Oh and the Marder is getting nerfed in 8.9 AGAIN.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:53:50 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 01, 2013, 04:06:58 pm »

So 8.9 out, pretty nice, still a fair bit away from Nashorn even after spending all my free xp.

Also, surprisingly, I'm kinda liking this team battle thing they added, only done like four battles (All wins! yay!) in the mode but its pretty cool. Its sort of a semi-organized match of like 7 tanks. (Usually about tier 8 or so) and pretty nice for random players to drop in and get a taste of a bit more organized play.
Steam Profile

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 01, 2013, 07:45:01 pm »

The new T7 Cars are EVERYWHERE in tier 1-2 matches. I'm glad I have a lot of tier 5-8 tanks to play instead of low tier ones.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 251