Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210963 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woops, you are right!

Was looking at the KV-1S; you know how you thought the KV was terrible stock? The KV-1S uses the same weapon stock as the KV did stock. I could never play that tank through. I went up the the IS-7 and T-43, so I have everything unlocked for it, but that thing is such a terrible stock grind... I wouldnt do it :P

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm already getting pretty discouraged with the KV-3. I was expecting a bit more... survivability. And while I can sometimes take more than a shot or two. It doesn't feel all that different from the KV. Except slower and bigger.

I've already got several new tanks unlocked at this point though. Mostly just grinding credits. The Kv3 just cleaned me out completely.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm already getting pretty discouraged with the KV-3. I was expecting a bit more... survivability. And while I can sometimes take more than a shot or two. It doesn't feel all that different from the KV. Except slower and bigger.

I've already got several new tanks unlocked at this point though. Mostly just grinding credits. The Kv3 just cleaned me out completely.
Both the KV3 and KV-1S leave a little to be desired. And the IS. And the IS3. And the IS4. And the... wait, I thought russian tanks were SO OP!?!?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Both the KV3 and KV-1S leave a little to be desired. And the IS. And the IS3. And the IS4. And the... wait, I thought russian tanks were SO OP!?!?

Weapon, yes. Armor? No.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Really, if anything the KV-3 is overpowered, especially in the armor department that is on par (and even better than some) T7 heavies, sure it's speed and general cumberness takes getting used to but it's a very fine tank that has incredible survivability once you learn its ins and outs a bit.

The IS on the other hand is pretty terrible, it needs speed to get close and use that gun but that doesn't really work out, it needs armor to survive the long time it takes to close in but that doesn't work out, and the gun is rather terrible in my opinion but eh, I always enjoyed sniping more X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god its so painful getting past the A-20. I haven't had a single good game in this thing
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

The A-20's not a brilliant scout, from what I played of it. I rushed straight for the T-34, though. It's fast, but not very manouverable at high speed, so it gets killed easily.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember the a-20 from the beta being the most annoying grind I had. I don't remember get more than a handful of kills in the thing and even scouting was difficult aside from suicide scouting, which really shouldn't be a tactic for anyone to have to use.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I managed to pretty much Free XP out of the A-20 thankfully, its horrible, of course I can't scout so that just makes it worse to me. T-34 isn't bad though.

Also, ended my Free day of premium with two new tanks, the IS and the Sherman Jumbo.

Jumbo seems nice, fits better with my playstyle then the plain old M4. Needs suspension upgrade to mount the 105 from the m4 though.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:39:58 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will the IS-4 be given all it's tier 10 trappings when it is bumped up a tier? I'm considering buying one but don't really have the willpower to grind out 110k xp before I have everything necessary to mount a proper gun so if it gets some free upgrades, I'll get it the day before it changes.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The IS-4 will get elited and stuff but the tank you will get to replace it will be as stock as you've had your IS-4 at the time of the switch.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get the IS4... like Jopax said, you will get a free elite tier 10 IS-4. You also get a tier 9, I think, and again like Jopax said, it will be as stock as your IS-4 was.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Finally got the KV-1S. Feels so much more agile than the KV, even stock. Currently working on upgrading the tracks, then I think I'll go for the gun. The 76mm feels like a bit of a peashooter against the other heavies.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i've heard stuff about certain tanks giving you free garage slots? Anyone got like, a confirmation or something? I can't find any
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

So i've heard stuff about certain tanks giving you free garage slots? Anyone got like, a confirmation or something? I can't find any

There's suppose to be a few changes to the lineup of tanks in the tech tree, such as the KV-2 replacing the KV in the tier 5 slot(If I'm correct), thus giving you a free slot. I  dunno if the slot is permanent or not.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 251