Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210947 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'd say go for the Tiger P and unlock the other Tiger with it, this gives you a choice that won't leave you grinding two extra tiers if you change your mind (do note that 3601 isn't grind, it's pure awesome fun). And even if you don't like the look of E-100 all the tanks leading up to it look very sexy, the ones leading to the Maus not so much.

I got the GW Panther the other day, only need the tracks now but I'm not sure I can handle it anymore, last night seemed like a contest in team retardation, had to give up before I got a stroke. Also have the IS unlocked but not enough cash to get it, not sure if I can get the IS-4 before the switch but I might aswell try eh :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you have premium, it entirely possible! I just got my T29 a few days ago, and I am grinding HARD for the T34. Its supposed to turn into a premium in patch 7.1; I cant wait!

By the way, 7.0 will be coming out within the next two weeks. It is absolutely amazing. Special effects look better, performance increased, new tanks and maps, new camo system, player complaint system, lots of GUI changes, better balance, lots of little things... damn, I can't wait.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well it took me a month without premium to go trough the T32 (but it's one of the most fun tanks so I didn't mind), but this is without anything researched on the T29 beforehand, if you do get the T34 in time I don't suggest playing it, it's like a horrible torture device made simply to induce rage and grief in players, most tanks suck when they are stock but this, this thing is a whole new bowl of angry wasps.
AS - IG

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

I just researched my T29 and now need to grind for the credits to get it.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't plan on actually using my T34. It will gather dust in my garage. It is a terrible tank, I agree. It has a on-par cannon with its peers, but it has the frontal armor of a tier 6 heavy and the turret is no longer as impenetrable as it once was back in the T29 and T32. Its just... garbage. Not really sure why the devs are so against buffing it :(

I just want it so I get the free slot and a free tier 8. The T34 might be a piece of shit tier 9, but it will make a decent tier 8 if it keeps the same damage. I think it will lose a lot of it's RoF though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Oh i plan to use it after the switch, T8 premiums make buckets of money and I need just that to buy the many many tanks I want to drive.
AS - IG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Putzing around in a M4 Sherman right now. XP gains have... noticeably tapered off... Now I'm kind of regretting selling that Valentine I had as it seemed like I was getting way more xp off that. Debating whether or not to buy new prem tank... Mayhaps wait until this tree restructuring I've been hearing about occurs? Also I've heard its possible to transfer stuff like the gun rammer via gold but I don't see any option for it?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

M4 Sherman is pretty awesome... you are using the derp cannon, correct? I realize the valentine gets in easy-as-shit battles, but eventually you just need to take the hard battles by the horns and start chewing some bubblegum. Or something like that.

Yea, you can. Click what you want demounted, scroll to the bottom of the list, and you will get a Demount option with gold text and a cost of 10g. Use that. Realize that there are tiers of equipment though; a Ventilation Class 1 from your light will not substitute for a Ventilation Class 3 that your heavies need. Same goes with Small/Medium/Large/Arty-Caliber Rammers. Make sure both tanks can use the same thing before demounting stuff.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:43:40 pm by Rex_Nex »

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile

This game looks pretty awesome, im downloading it right now. Any tips for Newbs like meh?
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

M4 Sherman is pretty awesome... you are using the derp cannon, correct? I realize the valentine gets in easy-as-shit battles, but eventually you just need to take the hard battles by the horns and start chewing some bubblegum. Or something like that.

Yea, you can. Click what you want demounted, scroll to the bottom of the list, and you will get a Demount option with gold text and a cost of 10g. Use that. Realize that there are tiers of equipment though; a Ventilation Class 1 from your light will not substitute for a Ventilation Class 3 that your heavies need. Same goes with Small/Medium/Large/Arty-Caliber Rammers. Make sure both tanks can use the same thing before demounting stuff.

Do you mean the 105mm or the 76mm? If you mean the former then honestly I don't particularly like it as I seem to get fewer hits/kills with it, that doubled reload time is quite telling.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The reload time is pretty nice. Something like 6.8 seconds... It never bounces, and if you get on the side of any tier 1-5 tank in it, you will pretty much 1-shot them. The 76mm is great and all, but the lack of alpha and the penetration makes me cry...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I'm tempted to buy the Locust while its half price just so I can use it to get xp through scouting.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I almost caved and bought the Slugger today, but I have plenty of moneymakers and the US TD line doesn't seem all that appealing.Another thought was rushing the Panther but I need the 3001 for it and that one costs some cash, and I would need some 20k xp to get the Panther, possible but I don't feel like rush grinding the whole weekend XD
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mmm the panther. The only tier 7 I can ignore in pretty much anything tier 6 and up. Don't get me wrong; that thing is a huge pest, and if you ignore it too long the DPS starts getting deadly, but the sheer lack of any psychological impact on its 140 damage cannon is something to think about before grinding towards it. Its a tier 6 tank with the HP and pen of a tier 7.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just took out two KV tanks with a light.

I am so damn proud *sheds single manly tear*

Edit: Of my tank, not myself.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:42:09 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 251