Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211183 times)

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought t10 british medium was that?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

That was more of a testbed vehicle for some of the design ideas. And while it is conidered a prototype of sorts the devs mentioned finding a proper Chieftain prototype or some version of the production model which wouldn't be brokenly overpowered.

It would be a heavy and most probably similar to the US T110E5 in terms of gameplay. And damn hot.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

45-50t Chieftain proto would still fit to medium, I think. It'd be "heavy medium", slow as hell and difficulties at climbing, strong frontal armor with exellent slope but with american side armor. Playstyle would probably be deemed as sniper or choker, since 120mm would be moderately fast firing. The hp/t is really nothing to write home about...

Yeah, it sounds like E5?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The E5 approaches that role from the other side, a medium heavy X)

It has good mobility for a heavy and is very agile as far as turn rate goes (what I expect the Chieftain to be like, just like the FV4202), with really nasty frontal armour slopes but it's not exactly reliably armoured for a heavy. The 120mm has relatively low alpha for a T10 heavy but as you say it has pretty good accuracy and RoF.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a nice 3 days of premium if you win one game (shouldn't be too hard :P, it's once). Also, 300k if you do 30 kills (T4+) in a day, for the whole month of August. Don't know if it applies to NA too though.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

The three days of premium is quite handy

I've gone soaring through all my VK36.01H upgrades and I'm already a quarter of the way to a Tiger, and by the time I get there I'll still have some time left so getting it out of stock configuration ought to be a breeze

I am one smilin' tanker

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

http://www.destructoid.com/wargaming-celebrates-15-years-with-one-hell-of-a-party-259366.phtml

Wargaming seems to have gone the extra mile in regards to their anniversary.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:32:26 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.destructoid.com/wargaming-celebrates-15-years-with-one-hell-of-a-party-259366.phtml

Why would they let a kid fire a Mosin? It's like they want to get lawsuited.

Also, we KV-1 now. First game stock and 3 kills. I'm finally on the Russian Heavy train.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would they let a kid fire a Mosin? It's like they want to get lawsuited.

Also, we KV-1 now. First game stock and 3 kills. I'm finally on the Russian Heavy train.

It's in Belarus so a slavic country with slavic people everywhere around.
What did you expect?

Oh and grab the howitzer for that KV-1.
It's both hilarious and (at least a bit) effective at all tiers this tank will see.

And the rapid fire gun is cool as well...
In fact you can't go wrong with any KV-1 gun since they're all awesome.
The stock is meh but everything else... just ridiculous.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

Finally got my hands on a Tiger

It looks like an obese VK, and that amuses me endlessly, which ought to help keep me sane while I work to get a decent cannon on this poor thing

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hah i got a KV-4.
his time it looks (and plays) like an elongated KV-3 with extra armor.
After 2 games i noticed that all shots that penetrated were aimed at the commanders tower thing.
Yay for massive ammounts of totally unangled armor

Also it's the last tank of the KV line that looks like a KV-1... so yeah.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:09:57 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last to play like one, as well. The ST-I is definitely more a child of the IS line than the KV line.

As for the KV-4, protect your mantlet, for some reason it always seemed like I got penned there, so I tried to turn my turret to keep things angled a bit  while I was reloading. Rest of the tank has really good armor and the hull should almost always be 40-45 degree angled to any attackers. Side hull is quite good as well, so don't be afraid to expose it a bit as long as it's angled. Rear hull is the only real weak spot, but even it's not bad. I've ignored AMX 13 90s for short periods before while they attacked my rear to little effect.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well to be honest i bought it to get that triple exp bonus today coupled with free premium.
I'm staying with my trusty KV-3 till all of my crewmen get brothers in arms (i need only 3% on one member for it to start working).
Also i'm quite sure i'm going to keep the KV-4... if only for the troll armor levels.
Self promotion below.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ST-I is a lot like a M103 with better armor on the hull and turret, but it pays for it with a long aim time and a good bit of agility. To be honest, if you're having trouble using the ST-I's armor, I think you might just need to rethink how you play it, it isn't like the KVs. Angle well, hide the lower glacis, bam. Nothing but T10 TDs or gold slingers gunna pen you with regularity. Even better? Use that -8 gun dep (it's the same as the American T9/T10 heavies) and completely invincible frontal turret armor and go hulldown. Dear god, a hull down ST-I is such a bitch to crack.

The IS4 is just bad, but you do get some pretty badass side armor, so angle even more. Otherwise it's just a HP-inflated ST-I without the gun depression ;(

Edit: This might be more useful:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/1940-crosspost-the-st-i-unsung-hero-of-086/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:06:53 pm by Rex_Nex »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

The IS4 is just bad, but you do get some pretty badass side armor, so angle even more. Otherwise it's just a HP-inflated ST-I without the gun depression ;(

Man, I remember when the IS-4 was the King of Russian heavies, even surpassing the IS-7 which was one tier above it.

My how things have changed over the years.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:00:37 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 251