Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211204 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you wanna play a tank line that does not feel like a grind at all, go French medium. From Tier 5 onwards, it's super fun. I am 35k XP away from BatChat myself. :D
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah but surely the grind from the first four french tanks will make him want to not play ever again? XD
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah but surely the grind from the first four french tanks will make him want to not play ever again? XD

Ha! Totally was going to say the same thing.

Those first French tanks are a real kick in the teeth (although it can be a total hoot if you get seeded as the top tank - NOTHING CAN HURT YOU.)

God help you if you have two French low level tanks going at it though - they'll run out of ammo before one manages to kill the other.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Every line has it's own level of horribleness, it's usally evenly distributed over the tiers and different tanks, the French however have somehow managed to cram it into the first four tiers, that said they have some downsides, but they are insignificant once you get into the alien predator mindset.

Lurking around, pouncing at every wounded thing you see, murdering outright things that are too confident in their armor, and generally having a blast :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ha! Totally was going to say the same thing.

Those first French tanks are a real kick in the teeth (although it can be a total hoot if you get seeded as the top tank - NOTHING CAN HURT YOU.)

God help you if you have two French low level tanks going at it though - they'll run out of ammo before one manages to kill the other.

I remember a game when I was in the AMX 40. Me and one other 40 was facing off against 3 of their AMX40 tanks. That was the longest five minutes i've ever shot at another tank. We didn't even bother taking cover.

We eventually won, once I pointed out the view ports on the "neck" of the tank are vulnerable.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First 4 tiers in french light line aren't bad. Tiers 3 and 4 are pretty good for their tiers (try playing t28 without best gun, which cost half of next tier tank exp), but they are completly un-fun due to speed & gun penetration combination.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I hate that you get different accounts for EU and US servers... I'm gonna be moving somewhat frequently between the two :(

Where are y'all playing? US or EU? And does the lag make that much of a difference?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in EU. I have no clue if the lag makes much of a difference, it definitely won't if you roll heavy tanks and nothing faster.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:15:12 pm by dogstile »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buri, Rilder, and I are in US. No idea about the others... we should add an account name list to the OP! Try to get the b12 fun back in gear.

Where are y'all playing? US or EU? And does the lag make that much of a difference?

Im a US player on teh US server, but my internet is really bad, so I'm looking at about 150-300 ping. Other non-US players that I have spoken to have said they get around the same, and to most people 150-300 ping is completely fine. You might miss a shot or two in a peekaboo fight but otherwise tanks are slow enough that it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:31:48 pm by Rex_Nex »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

I hover around 50-100ms on the U.S server, IIRC. I go by Orb370.

I'm going to throw this out. Derp gun is best gun, no matter what Rilder says. :P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For what tank? :P

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Touche.

For T2 and T3 American TDs. Just don't mess with heavy tanks.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im not sure about the T2... but hellz yea 105mm derp at tier 3 ftw!

Backlog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As stated before, I'm also on the US tanks server.
Am I supposed to put something here?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay I must admit I already erased the painful memories of driving AMX38. My long time platoonmate had to endure my constant swearing during those dark times.

However, rest assured, from AMX12 at Tier 5 onwards is the highway to heaven. I still remember a battle in which I was one of the last two tanks alive in our team, a puny AMX12t in a Tier 8 battle, versus a badly damaged enemy Tiger II and two SPGs. I killed all three by myself since none of them could hit me considering the tank's blazing speed and tiny profile. That was when I started to realise how mobility and autoloader could turn the tide of battle.

And it even got better with AMX13s and Lorraine 40t.

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 251