Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211189 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Almost 2k battles here, lazy player though so isn't going up much.  51% W/L though which is surprising. Probably would be higher if my fucking PanzerIV wasn't afraid of winning.

Also I just noticed I have 54 more wins then losses, which is really surprising for me.

On a different note, New Frenchies... they look cool! I'm thinking about going down French arties personally, since right now I don't actually own any arty beyond this little BS tank I just got a bit ago.  Sure I could buy a S-51 if I wanted but eh.

I might have to get that little UE57, ITS TINY, WHO'S A CUTE TANK, YOU ARE, YES YOU ARE.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I heard something about a way to skip the first few french arties with going down the light tank (or something) line instead and then taking a shortcut over (in the way you can go to russian arty through the KV-2). Its supposed to be a good idea because the first few french arties are terribru or something.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I heard something about a way to skip the first few french arties with going down the light tank (or something) line instead and then taking a shortcut over (in the way you can go to russian arty through the KV-2). Its supposed to be a good idea because the first few french arties are terribru or something.

Yeah at Tier 5 the 12T switches over to the AMX13 F3 AM. However as you should well know, I am horrible at light tanks and it would just be a waste of time for me to even try.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah I see. To be honest they arent light in anything except armor... my AMX-series tanks played exactly like any other med, since they aren't very good scouts. You just kinda pop out for surprise sex and then hide again.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

French tanks just want a hug :3 I would advise against skipping into the S-51. I own one, its not exactly accurate.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dogstile, I would trade in my GW Tiger for a S-51 in a heartbeat.

You say the S-51 is inaccurate? GW Tiger is a tier higher and is even more inaccurate. Its also damn huge, extremely slow, and has a bad firing arc. The S-51 is moderately small, has reasonable speeds (about the same as a heavy), has a very high firing arc, and a larger gun traverse allowance. It's a tier lower. The only advantage the GW Tiger has is it usually hits for about 75 damage more then the S-51 and reloads a bit faster.

It makes me drool thinking of having more accuracy and nearly the same damage as my GWT in tier 6.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How far can you turn your gun before having to turn your tank? Usually that's my biggest problem, I always seem to be just outside of where I need to aim so I need to dial in the shot again, then they move before its all the way down. Also, do you pay for gold shells? I do not, I don't have that kinda money to burn and i'm not in a clan.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its about the same as your S-51. I can barely turn my gun before I have to twist my entire hulk of a body.

No gold shells, ever, in any tank. I'm in a clan but I'll be damned if they pay me enough for anything except a premium account once a month.

I'm not saying the S-51 is like SUPAR AWESOME TANK!!!1!11!one!, its just that the GWT has it much worse. Its a slightly worse version of the S-51 put a tier higher. Worst grind ever D:

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am jelly cos I was and still is hopeless at SPG. Bought S-51, played for 6 games, and then sold it. I did not bad in SU-26 though. :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, didn't think you were. Its just insane thinking a tank that's a tier up isn't that much better. Usually WG does a brilliant job of making sure that if you're below a tank in tier and you're not premium that you're screwed.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luckily 2,000 damage cannons are effective on even the junkiest of platforms, so they got away with it this time.

Backlog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that the new update for tanks itself has helped somewhat in changing the strategy of the game so that it's just not capture the flag game mode.

And I need to get my win rate up... 47% at the moment, it doesn't help that I'm also a lazy gamer :-\
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:11:50 pm by Backlog »
Am I supposed to put something here?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luckily for you, you only have a couple hundred games, so its not too hard to change your winrate :P

Try going up even 1% with 10,000 games in the bag... dear lord...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New games modes are indeed great. However, Assault is currently disadvantaging attacking team to much.

They have:
Same number as defending team (no superiority in number)
Must fight enemies in higher grounds in most maps
Have time limit

With that said there are a couple of maps that are really hard to defend, like that desert one.

Encounter mode is great but many people are not familiar with it yet, some even tried to cap enemy spawn point. Duh.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, having games where our team is going NO, DEFEND YOU IDIOTS when we don't have a base is hilarious though.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 251