Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1527 1528 [1529] 1530 1531 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377312 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22920 on: January 27, 2022, 07:48:37 am »

Yeah, that's the one thing I've found that can particularly stop a warp archer. Only solution I've found for it is basically "avoid tanks" (they're the enemy class doing that) until you're able to one-shot more or less everything. You're good once you hit that point, which is extremely reachable if you find a good enough sniper bow (I've had runs that were eventually critting for six digits at a minimum, and every once in a long while seven, off the power of a quooze/masterwork sniper bow), but before then there's precious little you can do to kill one of the buggers. Avoid them or die, heh.

Only build I've found so far even remotely as broken is seemuth warpers -- get a nice gem wand for sufficiently low cooldowns, turn on pause, and then spam teleport literally forever, utterly invincible until you get tired of pressing the button. Kills anything, genuinely can't be damaged by anything, can clear a level faster (in game time, at least, not necessarily real) than even warp archers, it's some wildly busted stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22921 on: January 28, 2022, 02:10:35 pm »

Found da best mod conflict - mod that adds some armor and a chest to pick it up conflicts with alternate start mod both ways. Start reverts to horribly broken vanilla and there is no chest in place (though i didn't check if it appears without conflicts yet  :P).

Oblivion modding.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22922 on: January 29, 2022, 09:38:37 am »

Mission 3 completed in 81 loads.  >:( Shame on me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadow tactics: blades of the shogun. Wasn't able to get in Desperados 3, but i might finish this one. I like japanese aesthetic, music is soothing and Yuki is funny.  :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22923 on: January 29, 2022, 11:17:28 am »

Yuki is the best , both insane and very efficient :D

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22924 on: January 30, 2022, 01:17:39 am »

Not sure what killed me.  Just disconnected and when I reconnected I was dead.

Diablo II: Resurrected

I wonder if the game just auto kills you if you're out of town when you disconnect.  That's inconvenient if so, considering how unstable the servers seem to be even still.  Maybe I should stick to single player offline games.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22925 on: January 30, 2022, 01:25:26 am »

LOOKING FOR BAAL?
HA, hahaha!  Eat shit, hero!

-The demon of worms which I too died to, as a force for justice.  But we rise against.  Evil has many defenses, but not against our conviction.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22926 on: January 30, 2022, 10:38:47 pm »

Ah, the noob check boss.  Surprisingly, I haven't died to him in quite a while and managed to beat him with a barbarian, amazon, necromancer and sorceress all on normal, nightmare and hell without dying to him.  In offline mode, anyway, so no lag.

Then Mephisto killed my sorceress on normal.  Fighting him when you're made out of toilet paper and have crap gear (and thus resists) is like sudden death mode.  If he whips out the ice ball you just die if you're too close to dodge it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22927 on: January 31, 2022, 10:25:09 am »

tbh Duriel always bitch-slaps me, no matter the character

Honestly the summon/poison necro I'm running has struggled against every act-end boss, to the point where even tho I've played the character largely solo I made a public game to assemble a crack team to kill Diablo (and I still died once)

All that's left is ancients and Baal and I've completed normal tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22928 on: January 31, 2022, 09:18:27 pm »

It blows my mind that there are statuses for hardcore players getting to Diablo/Baal without ever dying.  That said, I only died twice on my recent nostalgia run.  Well maybe three times.  Not-Baal, not-baal, and also drunk once against the Council because I was stupid.

And then there are the people who do so, then again on hardcore, then on nightmare.  Deeply unfair.  I respect such players a lot.

Yeah actually to get serious:  I got completely pwned at Celeste by a lovely streamer who whined about doing poorly on certain C-sides.

[How dare you]

I am not good at games, but I like to think I'm decent at a platformers.  But fuck me I guess!  <3 XD

It's tricky to realize that you're not actually good at a pasttime you've "sunk" hours into.  But it's also fine.  The journey is fun and that's what matters!
also this person is just super awesome anyway *_*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 12:36:51 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22929 on: January 31, 2022, 09:57:12 pm »

Still getting wrecked by Nightmare King Grimm. The furthest I made it is his first pufferfish attack.

There seems to be some hitbox issues during some of his attacks, especially his down-kick->forward charge and his forward charge->flaming uppercut attacks. For some reason, trying to strike down(and bounce up) doesn't often work.

Even worse, trying to avoid the latter is hard, yet possible to do with a single jump, but trying to double-jump(which gives more time to avoid the uppercut) often drops me down before I jump again just enough to get hit with the charge.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22930 on: February 01, 2022, 12:16:45 am »

It blows my mind that there are statuses for hardcore players getting to Diablo/Baal without ever dying

I'd never even try hardcore because I get mad enough dying in the game as it is, but I did get all of the way to Diablo's front door in Hell on hell difficulty with a barbarian without dying.  It takes some real care, I had plenty of close calls in all 3 difficulties before then and for the first time I used a shield as a barbarian, but I've at least seen how it could be done.  I did get mad dying to a random stupid venom lord at that point, especially after I saw that I was able to beat even the Ancients without dying as that barbarian.  Taunt is amazing against bosses.

On topic, I just died to a random zombie on normal as a socreress in an online game because I'm still getting used to the idea that you can't pause online games.  Being able to hit escape to save a character really makes not dying much easier in single player, even if it's not foolproof...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22931 on: February 01, 2022, 12:46:44 am »

I still remember the first time I played HC... finished Andariel with exactly 1hp remaining.

Then I stepped into a random fire in her room while picking up loot.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:59:34 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22932 on: February 01, 2022, 10:44:55 am »

Surrounded on all sides by cops. Two armored APCs with gun turrets up, set up in a crossfire pattern right over the objective. By the time we were all taken down, there were probably 30 cops surrounding us shooting at point blank range.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 02:36:24 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22933 on: February 04, 2022, 05:02:20 am »

Well, I ended up visiting a bar and brothel after letting a child kill herself spelunking a tomb for some reason, and I let her get bludgeoned by undead.  Deciding then that everyone would have a problem with it, I decided to get a saphician for a night, and ended up walking into a sex trafficking scandal.  My friend walked in on me chugging fire giant piss while I was unconscious by the cell block.  He cheered me on.

BG:ToB

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22934 on: February 04, 2022, 05:56:12 am »

Discovered a glitch that I don't recall being present on the original Genesis cartridge. It may have been, but I don't remember exactly.

Hill Top Zone, Act 2, about 2/3rds of the way through the level there's a series of those moving platforms attached to vines that drop when they reach the bottom of their path. At the bottom, there's lava. As Super Sonic, if you just drop straight down, you'll glitch through the lava(otherwise doesn't hurt if Super) and die reaching the bottom of the level bounds.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1527 1528 [1529] 1530 1531 ... 1575